• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet many people are like my brothers, they don't really care that much for games they cannot play as in games that are yet not released. I've tried to get them to be excited about RO2, but it's useless. Same with DOTA2 for one, even if he loved DotA. One month should be well enough to get everyone's interest as itis a game that is soon to be released.

Upvote 0
Thank you, sir.

As someone who only heard of Red Orchestra very recently, I particularly appreciate your point about lowering the barriers to entry. After seeing some posts on another game's forum about RO2 I checked out this site and have been quite intrigued. That being the case I, naturally, picked up RO1 from Steam. I have to admit that I'm completely lost trying to get a feel for Red Orchestra when I fire it up. I'm hoping, based on your comments here, that a newbie like me will be eased into the game with Heroes of Stalingrad as I'd really like to give the game a fair shot.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the post Ramm, I enjoyed it and you made several good points.

However, I don't really like the way you're tarring everyone who's made criticism with the flamer/this is the worst the community has been charcterization in the second paragraph. Whilst I'll agree that there has definitely been some flaming and stupidity going on, there has also been a lot of genuine concern and criticism expressed free of any of this behaviour. This is also far from the worst I have seen the community (do you forget the maelstrom's around tanks, the mini map etc). Using this generalisation it seems like you are trying to obfuscate people with genuine concerns with those misbehaving and thus undermine the discussion entirely. It sets a bad tone and cheapens the rest of your post (which is a shame).

I applaud the decision to give RO1 owners the 91/30 and K98 bayonets, it's a good comprimise for long term community members.

The PPSh41 stick mags were a non-issue for me from the get go, in fact I love the fact we are getting them, they were used a lot in the war and I always wanted them in RO1.

Upvote 0
It's amazing to think, isn't it? :D

Well, especially since big 200 devs studios can't seem to make a barely decent game in 1-3 years.
For instance KF made two of those of my friends who play with me (had to drag them) quit Cod:BO (which they use to spend hours on) and call it a piece of ****. (Which it is and always was IMO)

Reactions: teemu92 and heady89
Upvote 0
Thanks for the post Ramm, I enjoyed it and you made several good points.

However, I don't really like the way you're tarring everyone who's made criticism with the flamer/this is the worst the community has been charcterization in the second paragraph. Whilst I'll agree that there has definitely been some flaming and stupidity going on, there has also been a lot of genuine concern and criticism expressed free of any of this behaviour. This is also far from the worst I have seen the community (do you forget the maelstrom's around tanks, the mini map etc). Using this generalisation it seems like you are trying to obfuscate people with genuine concerns with those misbehaving and thus undermine the discussion entirely. It sets a bad tone and cheapens the rest of your post (which is a shame).

I applaud the decision to give RO1 owners the 91/30 and K98 bayonets, it's a good comprimise for long term community members.

The PPSh41 stick mags were a non-issue for me from the get go, in fact I love the fact we are getting them, they were used a lot in the war and I always wanted them in RO1.
Great post, and I totally agree with you Reddog. There has been a lot of posting over the last few weeks of people respectfully voicing their concerns, and it is a tad bit of a slap in the face to be lumped in with every other troller/flamer out there, when that certainly isn't the case.

Those of us who have raised the concerns only have done so because we're huge fans and care alot about the game. Our first goal was always simply to be listened to - not to start a forum flame war. It's clear that we have been listened to, so I really do appreciate that. It's just I agree with Reddog that it's not fair to categorize us as trollers/flamers when we've really been nothing but supportive of TWI all through this development process, and even since the mod days for many of us. Just recognize that such acts are those of a caring, loyal, and concerned community!

Upvote 0

This ^ I also found myself using the PPS-43 a lot more in RO1 just due to the fact that it uses stick mags - I find it a lot easier to manage my spammo.

I was disappointed when I found that the PPS-43 wasn't in Stalingrad, so it seemed as if I wouldn't be able to make use of stick mags, but now I actually can... :IS2:

Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
Reddog and hockeywarrior, i completely agree. and to note, it probably would have been more appropriate to come down on those who where responsible for the majority of flaming...... i.e. the "TW is deh awesome and can do no wrong" responses.....

the true community, i.e. the "haters" or "whiners" (as some of us have been called) are the ones who are trying to help the most. it's the mainly "June/July 2011" members, who in their quests to impress TW with their yellow dots and running to TW's defense on everything with hopes of getting beta access, who should be ashamed of themselves.

may the :IS2: bless TW in continuing to improve RO2 and may the :IS2: bless all who continue to uphold the preservation of RO's legacy. amen.

Upvote 0
Nice reading ! :D

I just wanted to add, that has a RO1 player that likes realism, i am not worried about the inclusion of achievments, perks or unlocks on RO2.

They are fun, and you can regard them as some kind of tutorial that encourages people to try out the game mechanics.

For example, a new player checks the achievments list and sees, "kill 10 enemies in melee and unlock a pointy bayonet to stick people with", so he says, "that loocks easy" he checks the key for melee and next time he surprises someone in game, he tries it out, he says, "oh thats useful" and voil

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.