• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be even more frank, I'm a bit ashamed of you guys. The RO community has always prided itself on it's maturity.

I don't think this is a good way to look at it Ramm.

You should see it as a compliment.

The strong passion that seems to be negatively directed towards you is just strong passion for your work. RO1 offered something very special in the gaming world for which there is no real substitute.

It's only proper that if people really loved your first game that they'd be scared about the sequel not living up to the promise.

Maybe people are being a bit tactless in their criticism, but all they're really doing is showing how much they appreciate your work and expressing their fears that RO2 won't live up to the high standard of RO1.

If you're right, and the core RO experience is still there, then people will realize this as soon as they play it and apprehension will turn to adulation. Just weather the storm bro. There's a strong silver lining if you look for it.

Upvote 0
A lot of words that sound really nice and make me think of sunshine and kittens.

1254619033921b.jpg

Damn, nice post.

Upvote 0
I must say that it says a lot about a developer that actually reads their own forum. Honestly, I cant think of one other who posts more than once every 3 months, or one that actually reads posts from its fans (normally its to post a screenshot, link to twitter post, or something thats not addressing the fans directly).

Thanks.

Cant wait for the game.

Upvote 0
Well written post. I haven't felt strongly one way or another on the topics at hand, but its good to get reassurance that they weren't just arbitrary decisions.

I just want to include that I think the drum mag should be available to RO veterans because the PPSH was made by god and given to man to wipe out the dinosaurs and I think it needs to be portrayed realistically.

Reactions: FBOTheLiuetenant
Upvote 0
I don't think this is a good way to look at it Ramm.

You should see it as a compliment.

The strong passion that seems to be negatively directed towards you is just strong passion for your work. RO1 offered something very special in the gaming world for which there is no real substitute.

It's only proper that if people really loved your first game that they'd be scared about the sequel not living up to the promise.

Maybe people are being a bit tactless in their criticism, but all they're really doing is showing how much they appreciate your work and expressing their fears that RO2 won't live up to the high standard of RO1.

If you're right, and the core RO experience is still there, then people will realize this as soon as they play it and apprehension will turn to adulation. Just weather the storm bro. There's a strong silver lining if you look for it.
This sums up my opinion perfectly. Well said!

+:IS2:

Upvote 0
Q: Ok, so what about drum mags for the PPSH?

A: Sorry, the game has been balanced for the smaller mag capacity of the PPSH at the start. Since the rcecoil of SMGs in RO2 is more realistic (and much easier to control than RO1), we found that the PPSH was owning the universe. We had a few choices. We could have made it handle unrealistically and just nerfed the guns accuracy or boosted its recoil unrealistically. We could have heavily limited it's availability. Or we could start users out with a stick mag. We chose starting users out with a stick mag. Yes it's a little gamey, but it was the best compromise. Someone will certainly come out with a "PPSH drum mag instant unlock" mutator within a week of release if it bothers you that much :)

Ah dang it, I thought that PPSH 42 thread had covered it all, but I guess if the general feedback was that early drums ruined the fun, we'll have to believe them.

Oh well, what's a few weeks of leveling up while simultaneously playing a fun game. I do say leveling, and not grinding, because I assume I'll be having fun at the same time.

Who says TWI sucks at PR?

Reactions: Ossius
Upvote 0
BAYONETS!!!!! BAYYYYYOOOOONEEETSSSS!!!!!!! Bayonets for the veterans!!!!! Woohoo!!! Thank you Tripwire!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXO

Ok... maturity face back on... oh shoot wait--

Неотступать! Постреляем нa немцев!!!!!! Атакуемнаверх!!!!!!
За родину! Для синий платок!!!!!

*whew*

(pardon grammar, once again)

Reactions: AntoxaGray
Upvote 0
Thank you Ramm!
Thank you Tripwire!

That was an excellent read. I agree with the first statement about these forums. It has slid a bit, and I have refrained from adding to that chatter. Pointless discussions are just that.

Dead-on by adding that quote from Amerikaner. He's definitely his own voice.

I am super excited for this game, and I truly appreciate your work and efforts over these 5 1/2 years of playing RO. I am positive that RO-2 will be the game we have all been waiting for.

Peace!

Upvote 0
I just want to say Ramm's post was spectacular.

People will continue to whine about rare weapons being in there, or it isnt super-hardcore-realism, but I am thankful TWI made these decisions. I want my game to be fun, cuz ya know... it is still a game after-all

I am gonna miss being a smg-tank with my drum ppsh though. Ill have to work hard at getting that unlock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.