• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: But I'm afraid I won't be able to get enough people to play on a server with the super hardcore options that I like.

A: Let me get this straight - your afraid you won't be able to get 32 players out of the entire playerbase to fill up a server with the options that you like. Yet you want us to make the ENTIRE game that way?

This made me LOL. Great response and great post, thanks for taking the time out of I'm sure a crazy busy schedule.

While I expect HOS will play great out of the box, the availability of complete server control/options and mod tools to get it to play however your prefer is what sets TWI far, far apart from the other studios out there. Great stuff.

Upvote 0
RO1 players will be awarded with bayonets! Nice to hear, my dear John :)
Very nice news indeed! I wish you a good luck!
And with the PPSh 41, you made the best choice. Keep it up guys! So many people are waiting for your game!

Little edit: I thought the system requirements were higher. My PC will run it!!! I love you, Tripwire!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A: Said blogger and some of his buddies are disgruntled due to being turned down access to the beta...

do you mean turned down or passed over?
for example i consider myself passd over - i wasn't aware i had to apply or do anything, unless you mean by playing quite a lot of RO and posting here for a few years.

Upvote 0
Thanks for taking the time to post Ramm, much appreciated and keep up the excellent work guys!

This.

Ramm -- thanks for the post. I think the real source behind much of the negative criticism coming from us RO Faithful has been the concern that we weren't being listened to, but being branded as flamers/trollers because there has been plenty of THAT going on too. Simple PR moves this go a very long way to helping to quell those concerns, and I appreciate you taking time out of your day to do it.

I obviously can't say I'm super happy about all of your decisions, but I also respect that these are your choices. I'm really looking forward to playing the game on release, and we'll go from there regarding post-release tweaks/suggestions that any of us might have.

Also this.

Just remember -- we're only critical because we are huge fans ;)

But expecially, A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y, THIS!

Upvote 0
Q: But but but, what about bayonets!@#$@#$

A: Ok we'll give you this one. We've decided that everyone that owns RO1 will have a day 1 unlock of the bayonets for the Kar98 and the Mosin Nagant 91/30. So go stab happy right out of the gate! The other weapons you'll still have to earn them, but this is our compromise.

I like this quote :) .

OH AND BY THE WAY GUYS, im a CoD:BO player, cevo, N-ESL, and PSN. But I still absolutely love RO's gameplay but dont play as much because I have more friends that play CoD, and a lot of people who currently play CoD are sick of its staleness and are looking to see a fresh new GOOD game because not many good FPS's have been released in a while (every CoD after CoD4 is copy+paste with new textures). For me, I believe RO2 will be that, hopefully it has a large competitive following as well, but even if it doesnt im still going to play it on a normal basis.

OH, and whoever disliked ramm's post... I wish I could get the drill Seargant from full metal jacket to yell at you like this

The guy must be a mental midget to hate on common sence.

Upvote 0
do you mean turned down or passed over?
for example i consider myself passd over - i wasn't aware i had to apply or do anything, unless you mean by playing quite a lot of RO and posting here for a few years.
Well if you think you've been "passed over," then you're in good company. There are tons of RO veterans that haven't been invited to the beta. Hopefully this will change when the larger beta starts.

Upvote 0
Also Yoshiro/RaemJaeger, how is the retail planning going for Portugal?

I sure do want to pickup one of the Russian covered retail copies and proudly display it on my mantle.

Edit : What the hell? Why did someone downgrade my post? Seriously? Are you THAT retarded? Wow, Mr. Gibson was right, you are acting like kids.

Now I know how C_Gibby feels...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.