• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not censorship if they're allowed to send their negative feedback directly to the developers. If you owned a restaurant would you allow thugs to spray paint all over your building, or is that censorship if you stop it? When you have negative crap posted all over the forum you lose money - period. It's like spray painting graffiti all over a brick and mortar business, it shouldn't be tolerated. There's a lot of players who will visit forums before they purchase a game, just to see what players are saying.

It's less graffiti-over-the-walls, it's more the regular customers of the restraunt seeing a new customer come in, order a chicken parmigana instead of the beef stroganoff, walking over to the new customer's table, picking up the parmigana and wiping their face in it, going back to pick up their own stroganoff and wiping the new customer's face in what they should be eating, and then telling them to get the **** out of their ****ing restraunt. and en extra ****.

It is said there are about 51 million Americans of German descent.

and that's exactly what most of them consider themselves to be ;)

Upvote 0
It's not censorship if they're allowed to send their negative feedback directly to the developers. If you owned a restaurant would you allow thugs to spray paint all over your building, or is that censorship if you stop it? When you have negative crap posted all over the forum you lose money - period. It's like spray painting graffiti all over a brick and mortar business, it shouldn't be tolerated. There's a lot of players who will visit forums before they purchase a game, just to see what players are saying.

There is absolutely no reason for players to discuss negative things between one another, it's not like they're going to fix it. If they have a problem with the game then the only ones who need to know about it are the game developers. Therefore, make it easier for the players to submit negative feedback. There's just too many childish immature players to allow it to be made public.

tl;dr

RO2 is a restaurant.

Upvote 0
Who cares. I want it in the GAME, because it keeps the GAME fun.

This is TWI's vision. If they want to put something in their game, so be it. Either we'll learn to love it, disable it in the options, or cry in the forums (and continue to get more red dots by your name)

Now my guess is that -[SiN]-bswearer won't be able to sleep deeply anymore due to all those red dots he collected. Except he is a red dot collector ;)
I for myself find this whole up/downvoting system pretty useless while I have to admit I am sometimes voting myself as well.

However, to come back to the topic: Criticism, be it constructive or not, usually helps developers and players to better understand each other and to get different point of views. What's wrong with that?
I don't need to see if an opinion is shared by the community or not through the +/- feedback I get from other forum members. If somebody makes a good point, I will catch that independently.

That said, I think that the whole rage that has been started in the community is insane. Guys like hockeywarrior and -[SiN]-bswearer brought up valuable feedbacks and opinions and eventhough they are not always what I think, it's good to know the other side of the coin. Childish is the behaviour of guys taking these things too personal and feel offended by other forum member's opinions.

I always remember one sentence: "I might hate your opinion but I give my life to make sure you can express it" (forgot the author).

To come to a conclusion: I think all feedback given in this forum is surely valuable to TWI and they can make use of it or not, depending on where they want to go with their game...

Upvote 0
If I were the president of the company I wouldn't allow negative posts to be made public......I would just have your mods delete negative posts, and provide to the players a private portal where they can send you negative comments, but they really shouldn't be made public.

so.....basically turn these forums into the EA forums? i think not. there's no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to post critical feedback in public. if consumers believe that the product is lacking in certain aspects, it should be them who provides the insights and they should be doing it in public to generate discussion to develop an overall sense of feedback from the community as a whole.

Now my guess is that -[SiN]-bswearer won't be able to sleep deeply anymore due to all those red dots he collected. Except he is a red dot collector ;)

i'm proud of my very nice collection.....in fact, the red actually looks more appropriate for RO. i will not trade or sell from my collection as they hold much more value to me than anyone's money :D

As hockeywarrior already mentioned, i also agree that the addition of the Helpful Posts modification (aka, "likes") last year is responsible for the majority of the damage that's been done in this community....add that to the KF forums, and this place is nothing like it used to be. people used to be able to carry on civil (but sometimes heated) discussions about things....these days it's more like a smaller number of actual people making the posts, tons of ghosts trolling with the click of a (-) sign, and a couple flame posts mixed in. it's indeed sad :(

I always remember one sentence: "I might hate your opinion but I give my life to make sure you can express it" (forgot the author)

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire...one of my favorite quotes as well;)

Upvote 0
Paragraph

We should turn these dots into a form of forum currency.

I give you this
ha_minus.png
to add to your mighty collection. You are one of the few to reach this far down, perhaps you should gain a more fitting title instead of KT rep. You could be TW Forums Official Collector of all things red and dot shaped. :IS2: :D

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
However, to come back to the topic: Criticism, be it constructive or not, usually helps developers and players to better understand each other and to get different point of views. What's wrong with that?

Frankly, there isn't much place for it here yet. We don't have anything to criticize yet, besides a few videos showing an unfinished game or the fact that a gun may or may not be in a particular building on a specific date of the war in this certain city... etc.

The problem is people are overreacting and are complaining before they have even had a chance to see its implementation. They are afraid of the change it brings. Being vocally concerned about an aspect is one thing (and as you said, is likely welcomed), but these people the original post was referring to are taking it too far and leading their unnecessary crusade to stop what TWI views as progress.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We should turn these dots into a form of forum currency.

I give you this
ha_minus.png
to add to your mighty collection. You are one of the few to reach this far down, perhaps you should gain a more fitting title instead of KT rep. You could be TW Forums Official Collector of all things red and dot shaped. :IS2: :D

Maybe you could just stop trolling him.

The problem is people are overreacting and are complaining before they have even had a chance to see its implementation. They are afraid of the change it brings. Being vocally concerned about an aspect is one thing (and as you said, is likely welcomed), but these people the original post was referring to are taking it too far and leading their unnecessary crusade to stop what TWI views as progress.

It's not progress, it's just a different game type, and it's not one that everyone wants to play.

Some people prefer realistic games. It's what drew me to Red Orchestra, in addition to the actual, finely crafted gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.