• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Open Letter To The Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast majority of people will think it is an MP44.

And my point is, the CoD players will play the game for a few months, then move on to the next twitch shooter.

What will happen a year down the road? Will the servers still be full? It's the same fate as other games... Mare Nostrum ring a bell? Servers may be up.. but no one is playing. Means less players will be inclined to buy the game....

But, like I said, server settings and the inevitable mods will fix all the silly hollywood additions TWI made to appease the Modern Warfare fanboys.

Afterall, who has been playing RO for the past few years since it was released? And kept it going, kept the servers full, kept their units going.. be it realism or standard clans..... certainly not the ones who want to pretend it's Counterstrike.

+1

Wanna have a RO going away party, a 24 hour marathon? Guess what, there's been one going for years now.

Upvote 0
Its the Flak tower thing all over again, people getting into thier head about something but the truth is much more strange. MOH: Airborne was a game that had many, many flaws but alot of people seem to be focused on the unrealistic "Tower Of Doom" featured in the final mission when the fact is that the Nazis did infact build eight of them to shoot down allied bombers. If people who are bothered because they think its a MP44 then they are wrong as the MBk42 was being used on the Eastern Front during Stalingrad (inside the city or not, it could have been there) and the MBk42 looks different from most German weapons to give more of a hook to people who thinks it another WW2 game...

And my point is, the CoD players will play the game for a few months, then move on to the next twitch shooter.

What will happen a year down the road? Will the servers still be full? It's the same fate as other games... Mare Nostrum ring a bell? Servers may be up.. but no one is playing. Means less players will be inclined to buy the game....

But, like I said, server settings and the inevitable mods will fix all the silly hollywood additions TWI made to appease the Modern Warfare fanboys.

Afterall, who has been playing RO for the past few years since it was released? And kept it going, kept the servers full, kept their units going.. be it realism or standard clans..... certainly not the ones who want to pretend it's Counterstrike.
*sigh*
"The people I dont playing will soon move on, so TW should market to niche of fans as they will fill up the servers!"
We need new blood, new content and new features for this game so that players have a reason to move from RO1, I sure as hell just want HoS just to be a repainted RO1 like the upcomming Halo remake...

Upvote 0

It seems to me you didn't even read my post. SO! I'll bring up another point.
You assume that COD gamers move from game to game because they have ADHD or something, but think about it this way...

Could it be, that the reason why COD gamers move from one game to another in quick succession is not because its a fault of their personalty (like you clearly think it is) but rather that COD, or other twitch shooters, hold no depth or gameplay good enough to hold the average gamer longer then a few months?
Seriously think about it, they release a new COD every year, sometimes twice a year, with very little improvements on the last game. Gamers are buying these games and when they play all the tiny little additions from the last game, they are bored because it feels like the same game, then the new game comes out and they buy that.

What if they find a game, say a innovative game from some indie dev, it adds a lot no one has ever seen in an FPS game. They play it, they love it, they stick with it for years.

Oh right, mare nostrum or whatever, the mod, right, the mod, because a mod should be taken as proof RO2 will fail...

Oh but the game is just the same as COD, it has an M4 assault rifle in it, or was it an M16, or MP44, I dunno I'm confused with all the misinformation people are sending out.

:eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd get rid of the whole rep system, it encourages extremist behaviors, increases the length of the flame wars and simply pisses people off.

Does it really matter?

As for the topic;

There is no one, and I mean no one not even the beta testers that have played this game in an open dedicated server atmosphere. On both sides of the realism fence. Folks just need to calm down , take Ramms post at face value (we've never been given a reason given not to) and enjoy the game in your own way after it comes out. There have been multiple dev post stating all of the options that will be available. All of the good content on this forum gets lost in the senseless noise. They should be polishing the game right now, not babysitting a UBB.

Upvote 0
It seems to me you didn't even read my post. SO! I'll bring up another point.
You assume that COD gamers move from game to game because they have ADHD or something, but think about it this way...

Could it be, that the reason why COD gamers move from one game to another in quick succession is not because its a fault of their personalty (like you clearly think it is) but rather that COD, or other twitch shooters, hold no depth or gameplay good enough to hold the average gamer longer then a few months?
Seriously think about it, they release a new COD every year, sometimes twice a year, with very little improvements on the last game. Gamers are buying these games and when they play all the tiny little additions from the last game, they are bored because it feels like the same game, then the new game comes out and they buy that.

What if they find a game, say a innovative game from some indie dev, it adds a lot no one has ever seen in an FPS game. They play it, they love it, they stick with it for years.

Oh right, mare nostrum or whatever, the mod, right, the mod, because a mod should be taken as proof RO2 will fail...

Oh but the game is just the same as COD, it has an M4 assault rifle in it, or was it an M16, or MP44, I dunno I'm confused with all the misinformation people are sending out.

:eek:

Yes, they release a new version of CoD every year, obviously because they are making plenty of money off the franchise.

What Red Orchestra had going for it all these years was the fact that it wasn't a clone of CoD. Now that's pretty much thrown out the window =P

Tripwire seems to have snubbed the realism players.. and the tankers, as well.

I'm just hoping that it is possible to mod out the "leveling" system so that servers can keep to the spirit of RO without having Mp44's with reflex sights and not having basic bayonets without having to grind out points, or whatever.

I see most of the people defending RO2 as anything but a re-skinned version of DoD:S or CoD... have join dates of 2011.. where were you people a few years ago? Join many bandwagons lately?

edit: I also find it amusing they even included the MP44... that's like saying.. oh look, there is a pic of a Marine in fallujah toting a PPSH.. obviously PPSH's were issued to US Marines so they should be included in our next game!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see most of the people defending RO2 as anything but a re-skinned version of DoD:S or CoD... have join dates of 2011.. where were you people a few years ago? Join many bandwagons lately?

I can easliy defend RO2 as being another RO game. It is unlike any other FPS game out there in the market place. It's nothing like COD and nothing like BF it's RO.

Ask most people who have played the Beta and they will say the same things. So all I can say is wait until the larger beta comes out (can't be long now) and judge the game for yourself then rather than thinking TWI is purposely going out of it's way to create a COD clone which is very far from the truth ;)

Upvote 0
A question:
Do you think it is a normal behavior to blindly buy games one after the other which clearly aren

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can easliy defend RO2 as being another RO game. It is unlike any other FPS game out there in the market place. It's nothing like COD and nothing like BF it's RO.

Ask most people who have played the Beta and they will say the same things. So all I can say is wait until the larger beta comes out (can't be long now) and judge the game for yourself then rather than thinking TWI is purposely going out of it's way to create a COD clone which is very far from the truth ;)

I don't want to sound negative but the game is releasing in less than 5 weeks,do you think there is enough time to organise things for larger beta,and enough time to fix the bugs while the beta is being tested?

Seems like a tons of work to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't want to sound negative but the game is releasing in less than 5 weeks,do you think there is enough time to organise things for larger beta,and enough time to fix the bugs while the beta is being tested?

Seems like a tons of work to me.

I'm speaking hypothetically here as no one but TWI will know what they are planning but I imagine that the larger beta will still be going ahead maybe a couple of weeks before release and at the minimum the majority of bugs reported will be fixed before or after release as we know TWI are quick to roll out patches ;)

Upvote 0
I have just one question about the whole COD issue.

Do some people seriously believe (like you snog?) that TWI is trying to attract the people who are eagerly awaiting MW3?
I for one believe TWI is going for those who are a bit more sceptical about bying MW3, hence they won't just disappear that fast from RO2 if they get here. Same with BF3, TWI wants first and foremost those who are sceptical about bying BF3.
If TWI can keep the disappointed COD and BF crowd, they have shown everyone that RO is a game that has a wide target audience and everyone is happy.

Upvote 0
What Red Orchestra had going for it all these years was the fact that it wasn't a clone of CoD. Now that's pretty much thrown out the window =P

And you know this how? You've played the game huh?

Again...I presume that's your posterior speaking.

Hmm....well I know I only started RO with the retail release, and I only signed up here on these forums in March 2006, and maybe a lot of the mod old-timers would consider me a newb.... :)p) but let me just say this: I have played a lot of DoD:S. Before Orange Map servers ruined that game, it was a lot of fun. Especially the demolition maps. Say what you will, but that type of game requires a certain skill-set, and it's as fun as any other for what it is. Same for CS:S, although I never played quite as much of that. With that said.....
I have COMPLETE faith that Tripwire (1) knows what they are doing and (2) is about to release a game that will blow our freakin' minds for the next 6 years.

There are simple economic realities that trump any arguments some of you may have against weapon un-locks, character progression, or the presence/absence of certain weapons. Ramm and others have stated that case ad nauseum, and I for one have gotten quite sick of reading these forums for all the nagging going on. If you are already so disappointed in a game that you have not even played yet, please consider going for a bike ride or a walk in the park. Some fresh air might do you good.

Ossius and Thaelyn in particular, while new members here on these forums, are VERY MUCH on point. (Welcome to you both.)

Reactions: Fenix611
Upvote 0
Yes, they release a new version of CoD every year, obviously because they are making plenty of money off the franchise.

I'm just hoping that it is possible to mod out the "leveling" system so that servers can keep to the spirit of RO without having Mp44's with reflex sights and not having basic bayonets without having to grind out points, or whatever.

edit: I also find it amusing they even included the MP44... that's like saying.. oh look, there is a pic of a Marine in fallujah toting a PPSH.. obviously PPSH's were issued to US Marines so they should be included in our next game!

Troll more. Its obvious your only here to cause misinformation and annoy people.

MP44 is not in the game, MKB42 is, and it was a weapon that could have been in Stalingrad, no one complained about the PPD, PPS, MP41, or any other rare weapons in RO1, why complain now and say that RO2 is COD?

Tanks have been improved to a completely new plain of existence, yet you complain? What right do you have to complain about the tanks?

Join dates have nothing to do with anything, obvious by your own posts, 2007 and yet act like a immature child? Its like you haven't even seen any of the videos, interviews or anything.

It comes down to this snog, if you think TWI did all of us wrong, or somehow sold out, stop posting here, you are contributing nothing but confusing people by blatantly lying. TWI devs already said falsing accusing them stops now. I think this counts.
I won't be replying to your posts, I suggest the same to everyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
I'm speaking hypothetically here as no one but TWI will know what they are planning but I imagine that the larger beta will still be going ahead maybe a couple of weeks before release and at the minimum the majority of bugs reported will be fixed before or after release as we know TWI are quick to roll out patches ;)

I can see you'r point about the patches,but trying to organise 10.000-20.000 keys for beta in 5 weeks left seems like a big task to me.Beta or not I'm preordering RO2.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MP44 is not in the game, MKB42 is, and it was a weapon that could of been in Stalingrad, no one complained about the PPD, PPS, MP41, or any other rare weapons in RO1, why complain now and say that RO2 is COD?

nobody complained because those "Rare" weapons could have possibly been used in the war during specified timeframe the game's maps were set in.......a dev mentioned the G41......how possible is it that a G41 was used in 1943?? a lot more possible than a gun being used a full year before it was even out for field testing. just saying....

it's incorrect to call the weapon an STG44.....but it's also just as bad to continue saying "the mkb42 was used in Stalingrad" as a matter-of-fact statement because the reality is that there's not one factual piece of evidence that proves it was since TW's photo never surfaced.

just use TW's now official statement about the mkb42: it's in the game because it's cool, has never been featured in a WWII game before, and for helping with balance.

Upvote 0
nobody complained because those "Rare" weapons could have possibly been used in the war during specified timeframe the game's maps were set in.......a dev mentioned the G41......how possible is it that a G41 was used in 1943?? a lot more possible than a gun being used a full year before it was even out for field testing. just saying....

it's incorrect to call the weapon an STG44.....but it's also just as bad to continue saying "the mkb42 was used in Stalingrad" as a matter-of-fact statement because the reality is that there's not one factual piece of evidence that proves it was since TW's photo never surfaced.

just use TW's now official statement about the mkb42: it's in the game because it's cool, has never been featured in a WWII game before, and for helping with balance.

I said "could have" not "was used"

The MKB is beside the point anyways, he's clearly trolling.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.