• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Cant believe people are whining over such minor details.
I ignored any WW2 game for like 5 years only because there werent too many weapons to play with. Different games - exactly the same weapons. 1 SMG, 1 bolt action rifle, 1 semi-auto rifle for every faction/side and kthnxbb.
Variety of weapons will only do good.

TWI isnt making a game for 20 WW2-tank-rivet-counters, non hardcore gamers love unlocks and progression. A good game is one that is balanced between realism and fun (imo), kinda like dis:

I farted------Retarded Fun-----------Epic-------------Not Fun&too realistic
COD-----------BF;BC--------------RO2/FH2/PR--------ARMA2

Reactions: u-s-e-r and lopez
Upvote 0
Well needless to say these screenshots look fantastic and -- if it were possible -- I am even more pumped for this game.

Regarding the rare weapons: I have always understood people's beef with these rare items making it into a game. That said, I know that I will absolutely look forward to using them! As many have said before me, the beauty of this game is that you can play it anyway you want -- with or without certain weapons, HUD indicators, etc etc etc.

So rather than complain that the game has X or Y in it, why not rejoice in the fact that the developers are giving you CHOICE? Isn't that really the bigger picture here?

Upvote 0
These look nice, indeed.

But are they really, really and a 100% (not post-rendered or something like that) in-game graphics like they will be in the copy of the game that I will own soon ?? ;)

Be honest, please.

Yes it is all in-game graphics. And if you have a fast machine, that is what your game will look like.

Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
So rather than complain that the game has X or Y in it, why not rejoice in the fact that the developers are giving you CHOICE? Isn't that really the bigger picture here?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Finally a developer that ADDS choice instead of removing it (looking at you Dice and Activision/treyarch/whoever).

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Why not just have 2 magazines taped together instead of a weapon which was rare and may not even of been used in stalingrad?.

Because a taped magazine still requires you to reload, it's a different concept. Besides, it's not like every Wehrmacht soldier will be running around with a double MP40 II. I'm sure it will be extremely limited in-game just as it was in real life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because a taped magazine still requires you to reload, it's a different concept. Besides, it's not like every Wehrmacht soldier will be running around with a double MP40 II. I'm sure it will be extremely limited in-game just as it was in real life.

maybe I'm wrong but I though it was 2 mags in a thing that slides across, maybe that was something else...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope that is the case, or the team-balance of the game is in some serious trouble..

The Russians are supposed to have an SMG advantage, because the Germans have the LMG advantage (and that can't be helped, there was no bigger mags for the DP-28), so if you give the Germans a whole bunch of MP-40/2's to "balance it with the PPSh", the Russians will allways be outgunned.

Actually the DT, and DA drums could be fitted on a DP28 if i'm not mistaken :p. Dunno if TWI adds that as an upgrade though.

Tbh for me the strength of the PPSH has always been its ROF, and not so much the capacity of the drum.

The main thing I care about isn't so much if we'll see 1 or even 2 people with a mkb or mp40-II, but that in general we'll a majority of regular rifleman. Instead of everybody having something special.

One of the loves for this game is that picking a weapon means you have to make concessions based on range or accuracy etc. I'd hate it if balance that is in the game due to weapons being so different would be lost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Russians are supposed to have an SMG advantage, because the Germans have the LMG advantage (and that can't be helped, there was no bigger mags for the DP-28), so if you give the Germans a whole bunch of MP-40/2's to "balance it with the PPSh", the Russians will allways be outgunned.

Very few doppel-mag MP40s will be in circulation at any time. And they aren't that good. And reloading two mags takes longer. Trust us.

Yeah, I've been saying this for a long time. For this reason, the more weapons the merrier, as long as it atleast existed in the time period and could've been there.

Quite... adding in some fluff that can be excluded easily if you want to is fun. Trust us.

Now perhaps these guns will be rare, perhaps they won't be seen often on the maps. And that might make it ok, but can someone tell me with some confidence that this is the case?

Yes. I can. With 100% confidence. Trust us.

I personally like that Tripwire decided to spice up the weaponry a little, I would rather have them add a few prototype weaponry to the field for selected use them not adding anything at all

Thank you :) Someone trusts us!

Yes, heroes will be rare. Sit back and enjoy the ride as the world wakes up to RO2 - and a load of new bodies provide the old hands with a target-rich environment!

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, the MP40-II had a button that had to be pressed to switch from one clip to another. It wasn't a large clip, but two clips with a mechanism so that you didn't actually have to physically take the mag out and replace it.

In game, do we have to press the button?

And thank you Wilsonam for that post. When me and people like me ask questions and criticize all we want is answers. We don't know what were getting into (since we haven't played the beta), and so we are curious. And curiosity makes us worry. All we ask is that the Devs answer our questions and calm our curiousity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it is all in-game graphics. And if you have a fast machine, that is what your game will look like.

That brings up the question of hardware requirements again, doesn't it ?

So heres my stuff:

AMD 1090t
8 gb ram
2x hd5870
on
crosshair IV

What can I expect ?

Btw: Also cant wait to hold it in my hands. Trusted RO1 to be a great game back in the days(which caused me to pre-order) and was not dissapointed. And I don't suppose this sequel to spoil the series.

Just one thing: Please give out the official pricings for europe quick so I can order it right away without needing a credit card. ; )))))

Last edited:
Upvote 0