• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

jRpdp.jpg

Upvote 0
I think realism fanboys might be more appropriate Ramm-Jaeger. We would much prefer to use what they actually had rather then what they wouldn't of had or could of had. You say you are making a realism game when you pump out this crap and say it's realistic? Anyone with two braincells knows that the Mkb42 was not in Stalingrad. If you want to make a game like Call of Duty then by all means do so, but don't slap realism on there if your not actually going to do it.

Cry more. There was a possibility it was in stalingrad, so its in the game, it isn't going to be standard issue or whatever, and as one guy said already, you can turn off rare weapons.

Just stop, your ruining it for everyone and its not our fault your hyper cynical.
READ THIS! It will help you understand your problem.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/20/heavily-engaged-ignorance-is-bliss/

Upvote 0
I think realism fanboys might be more appropriate Ramm-Jaeger. We would much prefer to use what they actually had rather then what they wouldn't of had or could of had. You say you are making a realism game when you pump out this crap and say it's realistic? Anyone with two braincells knows that the Mkb42 was not in Stalingrad. If you want to make a game like Call of Duty then by all means do so, but don't slap realism on there if your not actually going to do it.

You do realize that you can disable hero's and weapon upgrades? The rare kit we've added is just that very rare and it gives the player something to work towards as they play RO2. Realism is extremely important to us actually but the most important aspect to the game being realistic is the combat. We've spent years perfecting how weapons feel and sound to give players an experience you wont find in any other game.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You do realize that you can disable hero's and weapon upgrades? The rare kit we've added is just that very rare and it gives the player something to work towards as they play RO2. Realism is extremely important to us actually but the most important aspect to the game being realistic is the combat. We've spent years perfecting how weapons feel and sound to give players an experience you wont find in any other game.

This is what i call a perfect answer.

;)

Upvote 0
Awesome screens.

Put in another vote from a guy who thinks the Ski-mask trooper is a naked attempt to look like COD. I fear we will see much more of this paradigm in the gameplay itself, but I hope not.

Rare weapons are fine for balance, but the idea of only letting people who grind out hours in the game to be "heroes" is antithesis to the notion of common men doing uncommon things, which was a mainstay in RO gameplay.

A hero is defined by their actions, not their time in grade.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with Alois Himmel here, calling someone a Nazi is pretty serious business and not professional. So let's all please refrain from doing that again in the future.

Never claimed to be professional, just a gamer who likes to make fun of people who take themselves and a COMPUTER GAME way to seriously.

If the Commies would do it i would make fun of them as well. But for some reason they don't.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy the game. You should have fun too :)

Upvote 0
Cry more.

I'm sorry, the guy was insulting the TWI and acting like an immature child that found out he won't get exactly what he wanted for christmas, even if the gift was a hundred times better then what he wanted.

Its beyond belief sometimes.

People see one thing that isn't 100% historical and they bang the Call of duty drums and sound the battlefield trumpets.
This game isn't COD nor will it ever be, so stop raging over every detail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

How does putting a couple of rare weapons that very well could have been at Stalingrad turning this game into Call of Duty? Or how does it make the game less realistic?

Red Orchestra has always toed the line between realism and arcade, and it's done so in an awesome way.

Reactions: u-s-e-r and Void
Upvote 0
Now perhaps these guns will be rare, perhaps they won't be seen often on the maps. And that might make it ok, but can someone tell me with some confidence that this is the case?

Well I know from preview videos that these things will probably be unlocks, and the German soldier you're looking at is probably a Hero. So naturally he will wear his outfit a little differently, displaying the Iron Cross on his coat instead of underneath and such.

I'm sure we'll still have plenty of your average grunts running around even late in the game's lifespan, if not because of class limits, then because of server customziation.

Upvote 0
Let's be civilized.

And in the name of being civilized there's practical solution #101 that has been said several times:

YOU CAN DISABLE THEM SERVER-SIDE IF YOU WISH.

No offence to anyone, but that caps lock part was necessary. It's not real counterargument for authencity, realism or anything. It's a practical solution and nothing more, unless you want to argue is practical solution that makes the problem (almost) nonexistant is acceptable thing in such scenario, considering the odds for altering a game design far in beta are nonexistant even when it makes your feathers ruff\grind your gears\annoy the crap out of you\[insert relative adjective here].

Upvote 0
Never claimed to be professional, just a gamer who likes to make fun of people who take themselves and a COMPUTER GAME way to seriously.

If the Commies would do it i would make fun of them as well. But for some reason they don't.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy the game. You should have fun too :)

I was actually referring to Ramm-Jaeger's post.

Yeah you'd think the nazi fanbois would be happy the Germans are getting to use some of their rare kit...

He's the president of Tripwire, so he does need to be concerned with being professional.

Upvote 0
If you guys look, I was quoting someone else that mentioned Nazi Fanboys, and responding to what he said. I never directly called anyone a nazi fanboy. So unless someone really IS a nazi-fanboy, they shouldn't be offended by me indirectly mentioning nazi-fanboys :)

Regarding realism, realism is like art - everyone has their own interpretation. Tripwire plays around in the grey areas quite a bit - and we always have. When things are cold hard facts we don't go against them. But when there is a grey area we work within that. RO1 had the MP41, PPD40, etc - rare weapons. RO2 just takes that mold further.

There are those that think every soldier was equipped exactly the same way, wore their clothes the exact same way, had some exact set of weapons, etc. Well I'm here to tell you, that isn't real war. Look at pictures and videos of the German soldiers coming out of their bunkers at the end of the battle of Stalingrad. Those guys are covering up with anything they can, and they sure as hell don't care if their dog tags are showing!

Upvote 0