• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

And how could u even think TWI - i mean seriously otherwise its just plain trolling all the way - has erased this from its game ?
The sequel of the game that made their name ?

Do you seriously think they would let everyone run around with a Mkb42 scoped silenced and painted with pink skulls on it ? - i can troll too :p

Just use your common sense a bit here, and actually, read what DEVS are answering u guyz on these boards. When Wilsonam says this will be RARE as it was back then, then it WILL BE RARE - even off via server settings if it bothers u that much, choice has always been a good thing.

They love their game and wouldn't destroy its heart for anything. They are working hard on it - years

Upvote 0
Its impossible to have a "realistic" class composition with limited spots for a game set in Stalingrad as weapons were picked up and used by both sides.

Sure everything looks good on paper with statistics and all but if youre fighting in the streets would you rather use a moisin or an mp-40 picked up from a fresh german corpse that still has ammunition with it?

Troops that arrived over the river or reinforced the germans from the supply lines probably had a specific loadout, but once youre in the city you have the opportunity to loot and scavenge weaponry better suited for your needs.

Edit: posted too early, I was going to say that TWI announced that the Mkb42 wasnt very accurate, and most people probably wouldnt use the scope in close combat maps since iron sights are soooo much more preferable

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When Wilsonam says this will be RARE as it was back then, then it WILL BE RARE - even off via server settings if it bothers u that much, choice has always been a good thing.

Gatling guns were rare during the American Civil War......so that makes it ok to let the Union forces have one (but just one :rolleyes:) on the Gettysburg map just because you know, it'll be as rare as it was back then. /sarcasm

just saying....that line of reasoning doesn't really work well in these types of arguments. now we get to sit back and enjoy MORE of this with the news of a silenced nagant revolver being in the game :(

don't get me wrong, i love the screenshots....at least 90% of the content in them. and honestly, i'd rather see people discussing the controversial content NOW instead of after the game hits the shelves ;)

Upvote 0
And by showing these rare weapons in promotional screenshots, it colours people's (sometimes limited) perception of the game and what it will be like.

I will kiss the *** of Tripwire (my favorite game company, along with Valve and Paradox Interactive) while at the same time saying politely: We've seen enough MkB42s! :) The weapon looks fantastic and I look forward to using it...but show off more of the stock stuff! Not saying that there hasn't been plenty of media covering the well known gear, and I understand the utility of showing off the more fun and cool features like rare weapons etc. I'm only concerned (and not alone in this) that the game is being portrayed out there in a way that suggests the rare weapons will be common etc. It would be nice to see more specific details about the Hero/rare kit system, so that us realism heads know what to expect as far as limitations on this equipment is concerned. Not saying that I'm privileged or entitled to such details, and I have been patient and grateful for every bit of media so far. I am as hyped about release as anyone, believe it! :D

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
Gatling guns were rare during the American Civil War......so that makes it ok to let the Union forces have one (but just one :rolleyes:) on the Gettysburg map just because you know, it'll be as rare as it was back then. /sarcasm
Too bad about the sarcasm, wanted to answer with a 'hell yes!':D
TWI doesn't go for pure historical accuracy, so yeah that would be ok.

@ felix
I agree that they do show relatively much media (the screens) about the new weapons and I love to see the bolts and such more. However it is their choice of marketing (not aimed at us, the ones who get the game anyway).

Upvote 0
I will kiss the *** of Tripwire (my favorite game company, along with Valve and Paradox Interactive) while at the same time saying politely: We've seen enough MkB42s! :) The weapon looks fantastic and I look forward to using it...but show off more of the stock stuff!... :D

This says alot. Its nice to see promo shots as we move up towards the release date, but man would it be nice to see less special weapons and more stock footage (for lack of better wording).

Its as if all the special items are getting more promotion and it seems even some of us diehards are starting to crack and worry a bit.

Upvote 0