• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

I can't even begin to explain how retard that German looks with the Mkb42.
This looks like something out of Wolfenstein.

Why? Because of the mask?

This pic for example is a finish soldier during winter war! He made the mask out of an old underwear shirt! He just cut holes in it for the eyes and tied it together behind his head? Not really difficult to made I think!
s_w32_00220079.jpg

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0
What the weapon on the pic? From that angle it is looks like hybrid of american m1 carabine and Mosin nagant. lol But probably this is M44.

German guy on the screenshot looks pretty nice, i personally don't like only that his mask looks like the modern special forces mask. The scarf or german head warmer looks much differently . And of cause the greatcoats should be in game, because in contrast to parkas, greatcoats can be seen much more frequently in newsreels. Also noticed strange thing with RKKA winter uniform - Why the command officer dressed much worse then privates?:)

Upvote 0
Yes, plenty running but empty vanilla bot servers.

Which is nothing more than natural evolution for most older games. Install RTCW (WolfET is sufficient as well, or say CoD4, or say IL-2) and try to find a vanilla server that has some life in it. Genre doesn't really matter, the odds are notable majority of the servers are running some sort of mods and those are also the ones with some sort of active life on them.

Upvote 0
Nope, its a swedish volunteer in Finland ;)

Swedish m/96 Mauser, a not too subtle hint that its not a finn in that pic

You're correct about the rifle being Swedish, but as it's been said in this thread already, it's Simo Hayha, a Finnish sharphooter who holds the record for the highest number of confirmed kills by a single person.

It's figured that they just handed him a rifle to pose for that photo, and I guess they had a Swedish Mauser lying around...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're correct about the rifle being Swedish, but as it's been said in this thread already, it's Simo Hayha, a Finnish sharphooter who holds the record for the highest number of confirmed kills by a single person.

It's figured that they just handed him a rifle to pose for that photo, and I guess they had a Swedish Mauser lying around...

Aargh...Like stated earlier (by me also) that guy has absolutely nothing to do with H

Reactions: Uffz.Juschkat
Upvote 0
I hope so.

Still though, I wonder if whether enough unique weapons will get scopes to achieve the same effect as my previous scenario though.

I would really hate that

I don't really get your sentence... but I afaik the snipers and the Mkb42 are the only weapons confirmed to have a scope.

Also since Mkb42 is one per map and snipers mostly also. Not many scopes to worry about.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I don't really get your sentence... but I afaik the snipers and the Mkb42 are the only weapons confirmed to have a scope.

Also since Mkb42 is one per map and snipers mostly also. Not many scopes to worry about.

Cheers

You got my post correctly.

If a large portion of the weapons get scopes, even if every seperate weapon will be very rare, there'd be alot of quasi snipers around.

And besides. I liked the fact that most players in RO were just playing grunts. I hope the class distribution will be somewhat 'historical' and not be like everybody walking around with SMG's STG's, Machineguns, Snipers or semi autos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0