• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

I'm not saying you shouldn't critisise, or question Grobut - you're a reasonable poster. And last time I checked every damn time you see a screenshot of a Russian with a ppsh41 you aren't posting (in a rather negative manner) about how it is still wrong.

Details like the ones you have mentioned are not really what I was referring to.

I was referring to the massive amounts of *****ing that seem to pop up every single time we see some new exciting media - the threads start out with positive comments, then very quickly get bogged down with the same arguments about the same things, rare weapons, uniform inaccuracies and blah, blah, blah.

It's getting very tired, and I'm sure it doesn't look good when new members are drawn to the forum by the media just to see a bunch of guys bickering when most of the people (are on the left hand side of this graph and) are just excited to see something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
blah blah blah, repeat same point over and over, ignore everyone who proves me wrong, blah

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension, or do you actually believe that listening to the community = bowing to everyone's whim and that TWI is a feckin' charity whose soul purpose is to make angry internet geeks happy?

Good thing you're not in charge of a game development studio then, because you wouldn't be in business for very long.

Don't like the game? Don't buy it, it's that simple. Win/win for us all. The last thing I'd want while playing RO2 is to see the chat fill up with complaints about misplaced rivets (most of them coming from players with German usernames).

Upvote 0
The last thing I'd want while playing RO2 is to see the chat fill up with complaints about misplaced rivets (most of them coming from players with German usernames).

I have a German username. :(

Seriously, people, start appreciating what Tripwire is giving you - FREE CONTENT. :eek:
And if that's the reason why don't like the game simply don't buy it while the majority of us, fans, will.

<3 Schnitzel

Upvote 0
I have a question that I'm sure has been asked before but I have yet to see.
Is there any chance that we can have the tankers inability to leave his tank a sever option? I mean some people agree with the reasons you added it in game, and then there are people (like myself) who would like the option to leave the tank when it is disabled. I think this one be a good option to have, the same with the one you have added for the 'Hero' class sever options. I imagine it might be to late to implement it in game this late, but maybe for one of the after release DLC's?

Upvote 0
The reasons stated tank bailing was not implemented are varied, ranging from the effectiveness of the bailed tank crew, down to the drop out of sync messing around of team resources that goes with tank bailing players bailing and living, some dying etc.

The fact is a realistic implementation of tank bailing would be an enormous amount of work - one that far outweighs that of the benefits it brings to gameplay. TWI said that they might look at it during testing and see if tank bailing should be implemented in some way, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Someone could make a mod, or a mutator that does allow such a thing relatively simply - but it would likely be cumbersome like the current RO "pop out" or DH "delayed pop out" feature.

You're better off checking out ...
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45521
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45626
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=47203
...these threads than igniting the discussion all over again.

Upvote 0
redorchestra2.png

Realism, Unrivaled accuracy, Attention to detail, Delivering the tactical shooter realism of the original...
This post is obviously a troll. However what I quoted is the reason of the flame war that exists here.
'Streamlined realism' may not be 'Super uber historical accuracy for the exact colour tone of the german infantry uniform'.
(the german uniform sarcasm post was genius btw;))
Maybe even TWI doesn't know if they are going for the historical accuracy or not. That actually doesn't even matter.

So constructive criticism is welcome, not this destructive nonsense.

The PPsH 1944 type is a very different discussion and should be handled separately.

This will be my last post in this thread because this discussion is making me pissed. All love to TWI and the holiness which is the IS2!!!!

Upvote 0
I'm sure it doesn't look good when new members are drawn to the forum by the media just to see a bunch of guys bickering when most of the people (are on the left hand side of this graph and) are just excited to see something.

You mean the same bickering - criticism - that has gone on since the beginning of PC and console gaming? And where you can currently find the same "bickering" on the BIS, 1c, Ubisoft, EA, Steam, 777 Studio, Gaijin Entertainment, Yuplay, WWIIONLINE, Eve Online, War Hammer 40k, il2 vs Wings of Prey and etc... etc...?

Upvote 0
You gotta love this community..People who have not even played the game complaining about weapons they will hardly see or use...lol

These weapons have no impact on the overall game what so ever..

Well, they do. For one, they change the "realistic balance" a bit which in turn changes the gameplay. The game is being marketed as realistic, so that is what we are paying for.

I'm not complaining about how that German hero looks, he actually looks authentic as far as I am concerned. Even if it where wrong it would only be a visual issue which is not much of a deal to me. But things that change gameplay (Germans with SMGs with larger mags) do matter in terms of gameplay. How will the Russians be compensated? The germans have the better LMGs, the MKB will be more useful than the AVT (assuming it is modeled properly).

And I want to be able to use drums and stick mags at once for the PPSH. :p As I said before, not many games allow this. ArmA does, but the magazine model stays the same.

Upvote 0
You mean the same bickering - criticism - that has gone on since the beginning of PC and console gaming? And where you can currently find the same "bickering" on the BIS, 1c, Ubisoft, EA, Steam, 777 Studio, Gaijin Entertainment, Yuplay, WWIIONLINE, Eve Online, War Hammer 40k, il2 vs Wings of Prey and etc... etc...?

So what you're saying is that because it happens everywhere, it should happen here too? What a great attitude...

Upvote 0
So what you're saying is that because it happens everywhere, it should happen here too? What a great attitude...

Criticism has always existed "here" and will continue to exist because we don't live in a monolithic society. There are two types of gamers, with varying shades of gray, that reside on RO spectrum: Casual and tactical/realism gamers.

I wanted to post a quote from Todace (WoP developer) on criticism/feedback, but I sort of paraphrased him, which was in response to the il2 community thinking Wings of Prey isn't a sim, but then the WoP community telling the il2 community their game is ugly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0