• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

I'm fine with the weapon addons simply because I know they aren't being handled like they were in games like Call of Duty. At least these things actually existed and have (or at least could have) appeared in the field.
Sounds like modern revisionist history to me. Using your example, in 100 more years history classes will claim the Germans started the war off with Tiger I's.

Once Tripwire puts some red dot sights on an MP40 I'll start whining.
What about the rare MkB with an even rarer scope for it? Is that not "red dot" enough?

who would think the implementation of one weapon - that albeit not common - would make some users flip their sh*t about this game being unrealistic
Its actually three weapons and maybe more: the MkB 42, MP 40II, and AVT 40. I can even toss the Panzer IV F2 in here for the tanker guys.

They can be disabled, no need to rant? Play on the servers with a realism setting that *you* enjoy then.
In 8 months they will be as empty as the realism servers in RO1 are now. What to play then? Some 24/7 Danzig/All Heros/All MkB/All AVT server?

And when the drum mag(s) become available how exactly do you then plan to balance it?
By jamming as these things had a bad tendency to jam, by using the MP 40's better weapon characteristics (more controllable, accurate, etc...), by putting in game the MP 717(r) instead of some rare MP 40II, and by issuing more stick mags at the expense of drums as the game progresses.

If your game isn't designed to be realistic or historically accurate, which you have marketed directly and indirectly, then just tell us now. Just be honest with us.
++1 We would all like to know this.

So the inclusion of the Mkb42 that probably wasn't in Stalingrad suddenly turns RO2 into CoD? How exactly does the inclusion of this weapon make the game any less realistic? The inclusion of the Mkb42 doesn't automatically mean RO2 will feature healthpacks and crosshairs, does it?
Its an assault rifle in Stalingrad 1942 ffs. Many people throw complaints over a few handfuls of STG's in DG 1944. And that is a full two years later. And not just that weapon inclusion but the MP 40II and AVT 40 as well. And last time I looked RO2 does feature a primative "healthpack" called bandaging.

The game is awesome, and TWI is bringing to us what they promised
No they are not. This is what was promised:

redorchestra2.png

Realism, Unrivaled accuracy, Attention to detail, Delivering the tactical shooter realism of the original...

any news on the scope in the Lafette tripod?
I would like to know this as well or will this be one of those undetailed "generic tripod with missing parts thing" deal?

To be honest, I wouldn't want to make games what people want. I make what I want, and that is probably the case with what TWI is doing. They do what they want and think is best. This isn't a democracy or anything like that, so stop having such a big sense of self-entitlement.
Whoa there buddy but where I live this is a Democracy. Take your despicable bolshevik fanboy attitude to a decent etiquette school. What you stated is the exact thing the COD franchise is doing. Pumping out mediocre things that 'they' want in many versions/editions in an assembly line style so they can slap it on a plastic lunch box and sell it to the nearest sap.

a dictator like microsoft does pretty well too imho.
A dictator like microsoft ends up giving you buggy or inferior products such as Windows Vista.

The game and community are going in the opposite direction?
Yes. The entire "Hero weapons unlock" thing is proof of this. Even the stats thing with the headshot thing as well:

test2q.jpg

Guyz BOOM HEADSHOT guyz!!!11111!!!! is the direction this game is going.

Why exactly does it worry you that you can't exit tanks? A tank crewman without his tank is effectively combat ineffective
Tanks had escape hatches. The TW boasting about realism, unrivaled accuracy, attention to detail, etc would demand the ability to exit tanks. Tank exiting is beneficial to scouting the immediate area. Whether the player becomes combat ineffective or not is the players own business. Some company should not be telling the player "You can't do that because we say so" or "The escape hatches are not for escape" and then claim to be a "realism" product with "unrivaled accuracy".

Upvote 0
^^
TL: DR

Gonna be an awesome game, thanks TW :)

another thing... i noticed one thing mentioned by a few extreme super hardcore realism advocates when others have mentioned the idea of customized servers .. is that they fear that over time the realism servers will disappear

IMO - if one feels so pationately about playing in a realism server and maintaining such a server - then either
a) create your own
b) donate to existing ones to keep them going
c) don't play realism

If there is one thing that would keep 24/7 danzig alive (lol) is a community that supports it

we are in no liberty to complain that "there are no servers up for the mode I like"
If there's such a large amount of you rooting for realism - get a community going and maintain it

the so called "CoD fanboy hybrids" are going to be maintaining theirs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
<yawn> Seriously. This is getting old.

Buy the game. Or not. If you buy it and don't like it then by all means don't recommend it. However, its pretty much a done deal at this point. In all likelyhod, all the forum nit-picking, finger pointing, and temper tantrum foot stomping isn't going to change anything between now and release date.

If you can do better, TW freely supplies the SDK. Heck, for that matter, the SDK was made available to serious modders pre-release. You should be creating away.

Its a shame there is so much bitterness in some people.:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What about the rare MkB with an even rarer scope for it? Is that not "red dot" enough?

No its not. In fact it has nothing to do with red dot and your argument is still void.

Its actually three weapons and maybe more: the MkB 42, MP 40II, and AVT 40. I can even toss the Panzer IV F2 in here for the tanker guys.

Still doesn't render the game unrealistic in any way at all.

In 8 months they will be as empty as the realism servers in RO1 are now. What to play then? Some 24/7 Danzig/All Heros/All MkB/All AVT server?

This I find extremely funny. You want to solve this issue by forcing/narrowing a truly 110% realistic and authentic game with no abilities for options or choice what so ever? You seriously believe that would make the game last any longer?
If there are enough of you realism buffs that "24/7" danzig thingy won't happen on all servers anyhu, right? (Seriously your arguments are pathetic, especially since once again *ServerOptions* exists)
By jamming as these things had a bad tendency to jam, by using the MP 40's better weapon characteristics (more controllable, accurate, etc...), by putting in game the MP 717(r) instead of some rare MP 40II, and by issuing more stick mags at the expense of drums as the game progresses.

Ok so by introducing random jamming that can seriously affect the general gameplay you tend to balance it? Even if introduced it should be extremely rare, rare enough that it can't work as a balance feature anyway.
++1 We would all like to know this.

Ahw.. how cute.
No they are not. This is what was promised:
Wrong again, they are bringing exactly what they've promised and apparently even more since the esport and server settings became known.
Tanks had escape hatches. The TW boasting about realism, unrivaled accuracy, attention to detail, etc would demand the ability to exit tanks. Tank exiting is beneficial to scouting the immediate area. Whether the player becomes combat ineffective or not is the players own business. Some company should not be telling the player "You can't do that because we say so" or "The escape hatches are not for escape" and then claim to be a "realism" product with "unrivaled accuracy".
Ok this take the price.
Lmao no its TWI's busniss, and they sure as hell can tell you how they've designed the game to be played. If you don't like it, well woopty-fukin-do they've even included mod tools for ya. "I can't take a dump in the game", am i now supposed to call it unrealistic and restrictive? (We all know how essential it is to survival)
Guyz BOOM HEADSHOT guyz!!!11111!!!! is the direction this game is going.
Not even close.
By adding stats tracking, and progressing its suddenly Call of Duty?

----

Folks like yourself, that is unappreciative trolls.. must've lived under a rock for the last decade. TWI's is truly bringing life to PC gaming again, with choice, tools, realism, a true sequel and pretty much anything else you could ask for, yet we've these stubborn old chaps who just can't stand a little change.

Newsflash, don't buy the game but don't expect any developer to come along anytime soon to suit your needs.
In fact, i wouldn't even begin to hope you'll ever see a game like this again, happy hunting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Long rant against the game
So if you're so vehemently against this game, why are you posting on these forums at all? It truly sounds as if you are arguing about these things only to A) make the TWI devs look stupid or something, or B) to convince people not to buy the game for whatever reason.

I only come to this conclusion because you never seem to suggest anything constructive, or talk about the elements of the game that you like. If fact, you seem to only show up when you spot something that you can rant about and spout your technical data in an effort to boost your ego or something.

I'm not saying you aren't right about certain things -- I can certainly agree with you and even see your point of view on many of your criticisms. It's just that I am really starting to doubt that you have anything truly constructive to add to this discussion other than literally trolling the **** out of these game and these forums.

Sorry, but I couldn't hold back saying it any longer.

Upvote 0
In fact, i wouldn't even begin to hope you'll ever see a game like this again, happy hunting!

My sentiments exactly... why are there all these people asking like tripwire owe's them a blumpkin?

They're already giving PC gaming the greatest BJ of a lifetime - and they're crying for a blumpkin!!

In plain english
Tripwire is the next best thing coming to PC gaming, and we have a couple hard headed people expecting a WW2 documentary rather than a game

Don't get me wrong
I appreciate the history as much as the next guy - but seriously... TW added some rare guns to add some spice to the gameplay
and suddenly the game has crossed all realistic bounds and is unplayable?
TWI owes you nothing. Be thankful for what they're doing

Upvote 0
Tank? said:
Whoa there buddy but where I live this is a Democracy.

I have to respond to this. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.. but this is Capitalism. The only real say you have is with your dollars. If you don't like what TWI is doing.. don't buy the product. Simple as that.

Sure, you can come to the forums and take a piss.. but it won't change a single thing about the game. Feel free to waste your time if that's what you want to do.

What's funny though, is even after your rant.. I have the feeling you're still going to buy HOES. I havent bought an EA game in 10 years and I'll never buy another one. Stick to your convictions if you feel that strongly about it, don't buy it. All of the pissing in the forum is bad enough.. I certainly dont want to have to listen to you in-game complaining about everything. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't buy it.

Upvote 0
Newsflash, don't buy the game but don't expect any developer to come along anytime soon to suit your needs.

Wings of Prey MMO, WWIIONLINE, D-day 1944, il2, Invasion 1944 Arma2 mod, Rise of Flight, Liberation '44 and Darkest Hour.

Upvote 0
Everyone stop the whining on both sides. Lets just wait until the game comes out and see then what it is like. This all looks very embarrassing to outsiders who are stumbling onto the RO HOS website. Each side has a passion for the game. It is obvious that this passion sometimes comes across the wrong way on the forums with the manner in which people interpret what is said. Bickering like this has destroyed much of the old RO community years ago. It is time for all of us to put our energy into promoting the game to our friends and other game forums to draw in as many players as possible. I do not participate on these forums much because of the constant bickering back and forth. Lets just get along and count the days until the game is released. There are things I really like with what I have seen and there are things that I am not to happy about seeing in the pictures. However they are just pictures and one will have to see how the game is upon release. Nothing is going to help either sides point if the game is not successful upon release. Now lets kill this thread and go out and promote the game to the rest of the world who does not know about it.

Upvote 0
Those that think the German hero looks retarded, all I can say is seriously? He looks kind of normal to me, soldiers would piece together any and all equipment they could get their hands on, getting a ski mask or whatever would of been smart, it hides your breath and keeps the cold off your lips which could easily blister.
So yeah, tell us he looks like a retard, but I'm sure every rifleman around him is envious of his loot. But I'm not sure I'd wear a medal (but a good way to ID heroes on the field)

Get off your high horses everyone.
LOL A SKI MASK HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's hilarious!

Upvote 0