• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

Nowhere in the above text did I read anything similar to, "unrivaled historical accuracy and authenticity". TW has never claimed that RO2 is the pinnacle of historical accuracy, nor did I expect it to be. You might as well criticize Quake for being historically inaccurate as well.

Realism in the arts concerns the depiction of subjects as they appear in everyday life.

Pffthp please . If you could win a legal battle based on your expectations of realism you need to be a defense attorney .

You mean plaintiff. Yes, I work for a large commercial litigation law firm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You mean plaintiff. Yes, I work for a large commercial litigation law firm.

No , I ment prosecuting attorney . The plaintiff might win the case , but the attorney is the one using a pitiful argument to garner the win.

Great! You're already in a great place to start your lawsuit over TW having such an unrealistic game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Simple solution for those *****ing - Buy your own god damn servers, modify the guns/loadouts. I am sure there will be plenty of mutators to help enhance your historical experience. Now stop it and wait for the game before saying such daft statements.
I know I will be getting my own server to get the best possible realism out of the game. Perhaps deal with too many grenades on classes, things like that. I know I can modify this game to how it suits me and that's the beauty of it. If you don't want to purchase a server, I am sure there are others like you who get their *** clenched when they see a weapon where it doesn't belong. Or an extra rivet in a tank. First off, get hell over yourself. Second, patience.

Reactions: Cherokee_Jack
Upvote 0
Screenshots look awesome im not sold on the heroes idea but im sure the realism clans will still be around with servers. I just hope server options do offer the ability to remove certain weapons and limit others without needing to mod. I liked how when RO was beta testing 64 people servers the class limits were 1 sniper 7 smg and 24 riflemen I remember the awesome bayo fights.

Rising storm looks cool too I wonder how that will be balanced though since japanese used mostly just rifles, pistols, and Mgs. Maybe more reinforcements ? Or just fight a losing battle like in Konigsplatz. Those are always fun atleast to me.

Upvote 0
Can't we all just stop arguing? :(

I mean, it is all pointless anyways.

The game is awesome, and TWI is bringing to us what they promised.

I mean, for gods sake the game would be great just with the cover system, 64 players, and non-glued guns to your screen.

We don't need to fight over what guns were "rare" and what guns "shouldn't be in the game" and how some unifroms look "unrealistic"

I've been playing RO since it was a mod, I don't really talk much on here but this is just ridiculous. I've put enough trust in TWI to do their research and smoothen out the nit picks here and there to keep the game fun. For everyone. What does it matter if some guns shouldn't be there or not, you are all just taking swings at each other, which is pointless.

Person A can't do anything about it, and Person B can't do jack either. So just leave it be, and if you don't like a gun, don't use it, if you don't like a certain uniform, don't become a hero then, your choice.

Anyways, back on topic, I think RS looks even more promising than expected!! I am really proud of the team and where the direction of the mod is going, from the screen shots I can tell the atmosphere will be totally different from the main game.

A quick question to them though: Is that carrier on the beach just a spawn point? Or will there be actual beach landings?

Upvote 0
When I saw the MKb scope and masked German in that screenshot I expected a lot more outrage than this. So I suppose I'm impressed we've only got a few people getting upset about it.

The MKb scope isn't that bad as long as you can't fit actual sniper scopes to it. Which I hope not is the case. I believe you can fit that scope on the kar98k too. If you will be able to do so in-game I assume the scope will be limited somehow.

The mask is a bit silly but I don't really care about it.

Upvote 0
I have been inspired to start my own realism clan. It shall be called Wehrmacht SWAT Team. The goal of this unit will be the realistic portrayal of ski mask wearing. Anyone who owns a ski mask is eligable to join. All other realism units will tremble in the way of our mighty ski masks.

Out of curiousity, are you doing this as a clever way to protest?

Upvote 0
Actually, seeing that German hero player model rekindled my interest in whether RO2 will feature some sort of limited visual character customization. As Ramm correctly stated, soldiers in Stalingrad (and everywhre, for that matter) soon began wearing whatever they could to make them comfortable, or in this case, to not freeze to death in the winter months. Given the wide variations of uniforms, I wonder what kinds of customization options we will have in creating our characters.

In no way am I suggesting Cod-like garbage with custom cammo patterns or that kind of crap. I'm just talking about tweaking our character's uniform (within limits) to allow for a tad bit of creativity that would go along way towards immersion where most games feature everyone looking like clones.

Upvote 0
The mask is a bit silly but I don't really care about it.

This is what the guy is wearing:

802212.jpg

And it is an actual item German soldiers were issued. We're not making this stuff up :) As a matter of fact NOT having stuff like this in the game is less realistic.

These guys are wearing it:

4410472130_17cdedc8cc_o.jpg

4410472274_c1ff9eb3a7_o.jpg

And can someone please go back in time and tell this guy he is out of uniform and making the war less realistic!

Captured-German-Stalingrad-hpx800.jpg

Upvote 0
So the inclusion of the Mkb42 that probably wasn't in Stalingrad suddenly turns RO2 into CoD? How exactly does the inclusion of this weapon make the game any less realistic? It still fires bullets according to a realistic ballistics model and operates like the gun did in real life. The inclusion of the Mkb42 doesn't automatically mean RO2 will feature healthpacks and crosshairs, does it? :rolleyes:

And the part marked in bold is EXACTLY why I am buying this game and why I'm always going on and on like a nutjob about ballistic coefficients, muzzle velocities etc etc...

So in my opinion the more weapons that are added the merrier, that is my attitude towards this issue. Only criteria is there has to be atleast a remote chance that the weapon could've been at Stalingrad from 41-43, and make surethat the rarities are kept rare *cough* Mkb42 *cough* AVT40 *cough*...

As for the people ranting about the German "ninja", the balaclava/toque was a std. piece of German winter equipment, so....

Upvote 0
This is what the guy is wearing:

802212.jpg

And it is an actual item German soldiers were issued. We're not making this stuff up :) As a matter of fact NOT having stuff like this in the game is less realistic.

These guys are wearing it:

4410472130_17cdedc8cc_o.jpg

4410472274_c1ff9eb3a7_o.jpg

And can someone please go back in time and tell this guy he is out of uniform and making the war less realistic!

Captured-German-Stalingrad-hpx800.jpg

Damnit, you beat me to it :D

And as one can see from the pictures you posted (esp. the first one) these toques/balaclavas were made deliberately so you could pull them up over your mouth & nose if need be; In case of strong winds mixed with snow for example, where frost bite was a serious hazard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0