• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

I try and be open minded, but it's statements like this that make me step back and reevaluate your business model. I don't want a business telling me what I should buy; I want them to build something I want.

Don't forget that TWI don't owe you anything. God damn it, look at this - the game is getting lots of weapons added on top of it. That's a lot of variety and fun in the game, and it's the sort that takes months to make. Are you and others telling them that because of this lovely bunch of extra fun added, you don't want to buy it? Wat.

There was a lot of complaining recently about the Killing Floor summer event about the event only releasing model replacements, acheivements, new character models, and a map. Ramm was absolutely right in that thread when dealing with it. "It's like me giving you a pot of gold and then you complaining that it's too heavy."

Jesus Christ, you're getting all of this for a damn good price with way more to come later on for FREE. This is a game that has such great longevity and includes far, far more release day content than most games that you will have to pay full price for, only to pay for overpriced content later on! You, as customers, should be really grateful, if anything.

I'm pretty sure that TWI feel less and less that they should be doing this kind of thing after looking at how much their louder customers "like" it. You get given a really ****ing good game for a price that should be way higher if anything, and because of tiny bits that were added that actually add to the gameplay - the bit that makes a game worth buying - you ***** about it. Jeez. If I were in TWI's position and have people acting like this, I'd find where they live, enter their homes, and beat them to death with a goose so large that you'd think its mother had been rogered by a bus.

I think this post would have been better suited to the KF section, but it seems to apply a bit here, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was a lot of complaining recently about the Killing Floor summer event about the event only releasing model replacements, acheivements, new character models, and a map. Ramm was absolutely right in that thread when dealing with it. "It's like me giving you a pot of gold and then you complaining that it's too heavy."
The Killing Floor forum is worthless. it's just people complaining about gun X not being in the game.

Upvote 0
I would just like to know more about the hero concept.

How many heroes could we see in a game?

If a hero dies, do he respawn as a regular guy or does he come back with the same hero gear? (this give the option of more and more hero weapons being on the map as they are picked up and used by regular players)

How does one become a hero?

Do the heroes appear at the start of the round or do they become heroes as the round progresses?

How likely is it that there will be no heroes in a regular/unmodified server?

I'm not a huge fan of the hero concept, but maybe some more info will make the pill easier to swallow. I just don't like the idea of the community being fractured more and more, thus making it harder and harder to find full servers.

Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
The problem is that in terms fun, many people (maybe not a majority, but they exist, I'm one of them) enjoy more realistic games. Between the two mainstream realistic extremes, we have ARMA II on one side, and games like CoD and Battlefield on the other. Red Orchestra is in between them, it attempts to be authentic in terms of how various weapons work and other aspects, while still being fun.

How I can percieve some of the reactions to the rare firearms is that people may see that as TWI distancing themselves from their ideal game in order to cater to someone else. While I'm not too worried, I can see why some people are.

I hope that's coherent, it's hard to articulate your thoughts from a mobile phone.

Fair enough! Although I would not bunch BF and CoD into one area. As a BF player I can say I've stuck by the series due to its focus on teamwork over CoDs one man army type play

Definitly a different kind of teamwork than I experienced in RO though. RO makes me feel like an insignificant piece of a much larger machine... actions mean nothing unless extremely well coordinated with the team.
BF was kind of my gateway drug towards this kind of team based play though. It was not so much an entire team coordinating all the time - but if you had a good sqad (4-6 ppl depending on which game) and good communication - you could pull some awesome flanks and tactics

Anyways more on topic
I WANT MORE MEDIA :D

Upvote 0
I try and be open minded, but it's statements like this that make me step back and reevaluate your business model. I don't want a business telling me what I should buy; I want them to build something I want.

If your game isn't designed to be realistic or historically accurate, which you have marketed directly and indirectly, then just tell us now. Just be honest with us.

They're making the game they want to make. If you want to tell them exactly how to make the game, maybe you should get a job there? Or make your own game?

Upvote 0
If I were in TWI's position and have people acting like this, I'd find where they live, enter their homes, and beat them to death with a goose so large that you'd think its mother had been rogered by a bus.

Internet bullying is a serious crime in the United States. You can disagree with me, but refrain from making threats against those that don't agree with the direction certain features in RO2 are going in.

Upvote 0

Vote with your wallet in that case? It's perfectly logical conclusion to make in this case.

If your game isn't designed to be realistic or historically accurate, which you have marketed directly and indirectly, then just tell us now. Just be honest with us.

It's been obvious that RO2 has neither been that realistic or authentic game to begin from the very first screenshots that were released, considering the baffling amount of errors found here and there. I'd expect a member of realism unit to be perfectly aware of the such fact(s).

Or maybe it's the power of the Trollkarbine.

Upvote 0
I think realism fanboys might be more appropriate Ramm-Jaeger. We would much prefer to use what they actually had rather then what they wouldn't of had or could of had. You say you are making a realism game when you pump out this crap and say it's realistic? Anyone with two braincells knows that the Mkb42 was not in Stalingrad. If you want to make a game like Call of Duty then by all means do so, but don't slap realism on there if your not actually going to do it.

I am sure one can set their own server to certain realism settings. This way everyone is happy. Just have to set your own classes on your own server. No need to bash everything here guys. Lets wait till the game is out first.

Upvote 0
Internet bullying is a serious crime in the United States. You can disagree with me, but refrain from making threats against those that don't agree with the direction certain features in RO2 are going in.

If you actually took that as a direct, personal, serious threat, you need to grow a spine.

Upvote 0
It's been obvious that RO2 has neither been that realistic or authentic game to begin from the very first screenshots that were released, considering the baffling amount of errors found here and there. I'd expect a member of realism unit to be perfectly aware of the such fact(s).

redorchestra2.png

If you actually took that as a direct, personal, serious threat, you need to grow a spine.

If that were a logical argument, then the courts wouldn't be giving restraining orders over such an issue. Unfortunately I don't know you or what you capable of doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky and Leo4444
Upvote 0
I think realism fanboys might be more appropriate Ramm-Jaeger. We would much prefer to use what they actually had rather then what they wouldn't of had or could of had. You say you are making a realism game when you pump out this crap and say it's realistic? Anyone with two braincells knows that the Mkb42 was not in Stalingrad. If you want to make a game like Call of Duty then by all means do so, but don't slap realism on there if your not actually going to do it.

So the inclusion of the Mkb42 that probably wasn't in Stalingrad suddenly turns RO2 into CoD? How exactly does the inclusion of this weapon make the game any less realistic? It still fires bullets according to a realistic ballistics model and operates like the gun did in real life. The inclusion of the Mkb42 doesn't automatically mean RO2 will feature healthpacks and crosshairs, does it? :rolleyes:

I want them to build something I want.

The developers will not build a game that YOU want. They will build a game that PEOPLE want, and most people aren't insufferable history grognards that can't accept that RO2 is a game that, above all, is meant to be fun.

Upvote 0
Streamlined realism being the key words.

How far do you expect them to extrapolate realism?

Points of fact...

Not all soldiers were the EXACT same height , weight, and body type , therefore RO2 is not a realistic game .

Pffthp please . If you could win a legal battle based on your expectations of realism you need to be a defense attorney .

If the glove don't fit , you must acquit .

Upvote 0