Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

PBBans supports Red Orchestra 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, sounds good but since RO2 must have steam running & punkbuster and the steam overlay arent really friendly, pb kicks for that so i hope they could do something about that, since i want to have my steam overlay on while gaming to chat with friends and stuff
    Add me on steam: teemu92

Comment

Ramm said something like steam overlay will only be restricted in the most "harsh" level of PB, which would be 3. He said that he personally thinks that would never be used for public servers.

But even for competitive gaming... I personally had great use of steam while playing competitive matches as I really needed to be able to communicate with the opponent in matters related to the match =).
      Last edited by Snuffeldjuret; 06-20-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blkmgc View Post
        Talk about overkill.
        And have as much cheaters as MW2?
        I would choose overkill any day
        In-game nick: Nivve
        Steam ID: Nivve_NL
        sigpic

Comment

this is great news ... VAC with its lack of a communtiy ban list sucks and .. punkbuster at default setting suck .. last i seen anyway .. that whole kick for 2 min.s and no bann for a detected cheat was very weak. but with the streaming servers for communtiy ban list and VAC for when the PB contrat runs out .. this could really extend the life of the game.

always good to start the day off with good news

will punkbuster and vac both be running at the sametime, on the same server ??
          [IMG]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/mrjason47/billyslightcycle.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by u-s-e-r View Post
            Indeed, PB is known for its "trigger-happiness", e.g. not allowing steam overlay ui and blaming Valve for updating its software
            I use the steam overlay to take screenshots in CoD4, Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor and I have not been kicked for using it. I do believe some older games like Battlefield 2 still gets kicked for using it though.

This is one reason why PB is picky over what it allows to hook into a game.

Some new cheats are now actually hacking FRAPS in order to cheat in the game. We're trying to work with the FRAPS people right now to get this addressed. The current situation is that PB kicks for any version of FRAPS that is not the latest version or any version that has the known cheat hooks. Both Xfire and FRAPS are being used by cheat authors in attempts to hide the cheat without hacking the game or PB directly. The kicks for old versions are restriction kicks rather than cheat violations - players who get the restriction kicks should not be in danger of receiving any kind of ban. A violation kick indicates that PB found a specific cheat hook.
            I'm really starting to get worried about false positives now
            There is the occasional false positive but anti-virus software is no different and that's basically what anti-cheat software is. When they do occur on a massive scale they are reversed fairly quickly.

Originally posted by Fedorov View Post
            Will this version allow macros in RO2?

I use macros in Ostfront to change mouse sensitivity, as I don't have a gaming mouse that can do that directly to the hardware with its own button, and it would suck to get banned for that reason.
            In BF2 and perhaps ofter games now PB has an option to kick for them but it's not enabled by default.

the setting pb_sv_restrictions will now accept a value of 2 for cases where a server admin wants PunkBuster to be more restrictive with regard to certain macro or hot key type programs; pb_sv_restrictions will continue to default to the value of 1
            I use X-Mouse Button Control myself for Bad Company 2 and MoH because I can't bind the mouse wheel to two different functions using the game.

I can understand why some people don't like PB but at least we have a choice. If you want to play Battlefield on a ranked server you're forced to use PB. In MW2, Black Ops and Homefront you're forced to use VAC. Both have their flaws and limitations. VAC tends to be favored by pubbers more because it's less problematic, PB tends to be favored for competition because of the additional functionality such as streaming, pb screenshots, MD5 tool scans etc.

This short MP3 from the Rush Zone conversation with Tripwire explains how AC will work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q35ghcemgep2u9x

Comment

Can't wait to get kicked out of the game AND VAC banned for opening the Steam overlay.

Comment

Originally posted by Actin View Post
                Until, boom, you get banned and need to buy the game again, get a new steam account and only for one game when your current steam account has dozens of them. Yay, that must be fun
                Last edited by u-s-e-r; 06-20-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Until, boom, you get banned and need to buy the game again, get a new steam account and only for one game when your current steam account has dozens of them. Yay, that must be fun
                  That's what I'm afraid of the most.

Comment

last time this happen was along time ago and vac gave out free copys of left 4 dead

punkbuster not so much .. but ive never heard of false postives being too big a problem .. they happen but not often

i wouldnt buy a new game i would wait fro the false postive to be reversed
                    [IMG]http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/mrjason47/billyslightcycle.gif[/IMG]

Comment

will vac and PB both be running at the same time on the same server ??

Comment

But many cheaters don't care, they just want to cheat.

[QUOTE]I

Comment

Originally posted by Actin View Post

+1

so many games have been ruined by underkill in the anticheat
                          [COLOR=Silver][URL="http://www.pbbans.com/"][B]PBBans Website[/B][/URL][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]

[/COLOR]

Comment

As has been pointed out we take the cheating threat very seriously, and have seen several games tank in the past year not because they were bad games (some were very enjoyable), but because their multiplayer environment was destroyed within weeks by cheaters.

We have listened to our community and others about what they want from an anti cheat environment and with that in mind we designed our current plan.

*VAC will be available for all servers and turned on by default.

We know some have had (and some still do have) problems with Punk Buster and with that in mind we are working with Even Balance to address that situation. Our current plan has PB implemented in three stages.

*Stage 0: Off
                            *Stage 1: Access to the server screenshot functionality and streaming bans
                            *Stage 2: Standard PB protection that WILL NOT interfere with Steam (and the overlay)
                            *Stage 3: Full PB that WILL (most likely) kick for the steam overlay

Server admins can work with these to decide what anti cheat environment works best for their server. And players will be able to filter for those settings as well to find servers that fit their preferences.

But remember, the greatest tool against cheaters is an active community both reporting cheaters (to Steam with the built in report function, and PB Bans) as well as forwarding any cheats they can get their hands on to any of the parties involved (ourselves which is preferable as we can get it to all the others quickly, EvenBalance and the VAC Team).
                            Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Comment

Any word on the .ini scripts? like binding a key to change sensitivity like in RO:Ostfront? Will that be PB allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post
                                As has been pointed out we take the cheating threat very seriously, and have seen several games tank in the past year not because they were bad games (some were very enjoyable), but because their multiplayer environment was destroyed within weeks by cheaters.

We have listened to our community and others about what they want from an anti cheat environment and with that in mind we designed our current plan.

*VAC will be available for all servers and turned on by default.

We know some have had (and some still do have) problems with Punk Buster and with that in mind we are working with Even Balance to address that situation. Our current plan has PB implemented in three stages.

*Stage 0: Off
                                *Stage 1: Access to the server screenshot functionality and streaming bans
                                *Stage 2: Standard PB protection that WILL NOT interfere with Steam (and the overlay)
                                *Stage 3: Full PB that WILL (most likely) kick for the steam overlay

Server admins can work with these to decide what anti cheat environment works best for their server. And players will be able to filter for those settings as well to find servers that fit their preferences.

But remember, the greatest tool against cheaters is an active community both reporting cheaters (to Steam with the built in report function, and PB Bans) as well as forwarding any cheats they can get their hands on to any of the parties involved (ourselves which is preferable as we can get it to all the others quickly, EvenBalance and the VAC Team).
                                Words cannot express how much I love the effort that was put into all of this.

Great job TWI.
                                [LEFT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                                [/LEFT]

Comment

Working...
                                X