• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of Stalingrad

Well i hope the competive guys take up HOS

It would mean a big boost in player numbers as people would want to play more just to get in the competive scene - No game can be all things to all people, I will say this at least TWI are willing to consider stuff as selectable options - and if config etc are setting by servers for competive play then cross as an option for competive play only is not the bad an idea. TWI seem to try and add bits as server options which is great because if you dont like the options you just play on a differnt server with options that suit you.

As for elitisuim in forums - well many of us have very strong and fixed ideas of what the game should be - just look at some of the fuss cause by spotter plans etc. Maybe we should just chill TWI haven't sold us wrong un yet so what ever they do will be done sensibly as always the dev comments prove that

Reactions: Schreq and Das Bose
Upvote 0
Ok, a couple of shots across the bows:

1. John has made our point about the guy that we felt was prodding it. End of story, lets put it to bed and leave it be. Opinions will differ - great gameplay will either rise to the surface, or mediocre gameplay will sink. We know where our view stands :)

2. Our long-term faithful have been known to push the holier-than-thou, only-the-gods-of-RO-can-be-right. We know we are :) But you don't convert the new user by punching them in the teeth - let them come, welcome them in, accept that they don't yet know us well - and let the game convert them! We know how it goes - suck them in, let them try it for a couple of hours - then their life is ours! getting combative/aggressive about it doesn't convert people.

3. People from the outside world have concerns that are genuine to them. People don't make a paradigm shift just on a whim, nor on the word of those already converted. Again, let the game speak for itself.

Ultimately: welcome new blood. Some of them will get it, some will help populate target-rich environments. And some of them will become ferociously good at the game, using our beloved (real) mechanics. Just because they don't agree yet, does NOT make them "wrong". They just haven't been suitably exposed yet!

So, people, chill. Help us to help them into the fold. The more who are converted, the better for all of us! Be reasonable, understanding of their concerns, listen to their fears. And don't write long-winded posts while drunk... it is hard work spotting all the typos when you can't feel your won fingers (oops.).

This. Because if we don't give them a chance to get into the game, we can't punch their virtual teeth out without them quitting forever. Get them addicted first. ;):rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I took some notes while listening to the "cast". Perhaps someone would want to look at them. If so go ahead, if not ignore this :D.

Demo rec:
Show weapon in demo etc. Server side demo sees all, client does not.

Crosshair:
No function due to free aim both in and out of iron sight mode. Less random events as there is no need for cone of fire in the same way. Just as much or more skill, but a bit different skill.

competition:
We are going to throw out a lot of money,for prizes in competitions.
You dont want to play on 200+ ping competitive.
Possibility to limit the weapon levels.

Anti-cheat:
Proactive developer as in continous updates.
Game code design suited to withstand cheat.
Valve anti-cheat.
Customized version of PB (screenshots and cfg files of clients) for RO2. 3 levels, 1: lightweight, 2: standard, 3: super HC not even steam overlay.

Mouse acceleration:
Not intended
Mouse moves the screen, and the gun moves with the screen (often slightly faster due to free aim).

Beta:
Expand to slightly larger beta probably not too long from now, bring in more competitive players.
Some are you guys (who is he talking to? :p) are going to be in the game before its released.

Admin ability:
In-game admin console commands.
Web admin tool you can do basically everything with.

Images on loading screen:
Nothing on loading screen, but on welcome screen once you get into a server can have image(s?) and text.

Spec mode:
Watch match via ro2tv server.
Add ads on spec screen etc.
Anything that is really needed will be there basically.

Class limits:
Yes, and customizable.

Heroes:
Players will just unlock weapons at different stages in their leveling up of their character.
Hero has a unique character model.
Main gameplay difference is that they reduce surpression for team8s that are within radius of the hereos.

Server browser:
Ping of the server on the browser
Servername - mapname - gamemode - anticheat - all stuff any PC gamer wants...

Servers:
Ranked and unranked; Anybody can host unranked server on any hosting company. Multiple server providers will be able to host ranked servers, + individuals can apply to get a ranked server.

Reactions: Pectus and Miro!
Upvote 0
LAN, really? If yes...WOOOHOOO!

LAN, really? If yes...WOOOHOOO!

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but it looks like this horse may be alive and kicking so....

LAN support? Is it real-live-"offline multiplayer"-"all I need is electricity and a hub / switch"-no-internet-required LAN?

Or is it intra-net, with internet access and or online-authentication required?

If it's the real deal, then by golly, I'm getting a new game this year after all!

:)

Upvote 0
I'm pretty certain I asked for it not to be released publicly :) It's a work in progress, and not everything on that list will necessarily make it in for the ship date. It is essentially a list of all the stuff that we're working on getting in, and want to get it.

sorry....it was linked up in nKM's initial post so assumed it was public knowledge. although i am a bit surprised that it would be leaked (if that's the case that it shouldn't have been made public) via a "new to RO" gaming site as one would expect exclusive info like this to go to more longtime supporters (say, roladder) first.....regardless it's a really insightful list and goes a long way in showing well thought out plans to support the competitive community. ;)

solid evidence of a W.I.P. goes a lot further than little to no signs of work at all :)

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
We are planning to have the community part of the new site up and running soon if no more bumps show up along the road :)
Dont be afraid, when Hos is released you will already feel comfortable with the new site (we hope).

Converting old ladder accounts to the new site is currently low priority and will be looked at close to the launch.
Awards will move on to the new site for the teams.

Upvote 0
Did they post what kind of server and pipe is need for smooth game play in a 64 player map yet? Cant wait for large scale competitive campaign play.

I'm planning a new machine (my current one is 3 1/2 years old and struggling a little) but I don't think I'll buy til September, so hoping the game plays well at lower framerates!

Upvote 0