• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of Stalingrad

They said they were recording it when the guy who said that he didn't want to buy the game solely on the fact that there was no in-game crosshair left.

I don't know where we'd be able to find it, but I guess it will surface soon enough. I'd like to hear it as well, I only got to listen just before, during, and just after the whole crosshair conversation...

Upvote 0
I think one of the more important things which got "revealed" was that twi will use a modded version of punkbuster, which also should be able to take clientside screenshots, make a snapshot of peoples configs and pack that in an encrypted file.

Hope it won't be so buggy/strict that we get the problems like other games. Getting kicked and having to jump through hoops to fix anti cheat problems is a real buzz kill.

Upvote 0
They said they were recording it when the guy who said that he didn't want to buy the game solely on the fact that there was no in-game crosshair left.

I don't know where we'd be able to find it, but I guess it will surface soon enough. I'd like to hear it as well, I only got to listen just before, during, and just after the whole crosshair conversation...

I'm not even sure that crosshairs would serve any purpose due to the freeaim built into the game. TWI, you should have let him play the beta and done the old admin trick where you type a "+" into admin chat and make them think they have a working X-hair. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not even sure that crosshairs would serve any purpose due to the freeaim built into the game. TWI, you should have let him play the beta and done the old admin trick where you type a "+" into admin chat and make them think they have a working X-hair. :rolleyes:

Well, as Ramm said in the stream, if they wanted to add a crosshair, it'd have to be something similar to the one in ARMA games.

Upvote 0
I just saw the link recently and jumped in, had hoped it was an RO clan interviewing instead of some random bf2 guys that haven't even played the first game.:rolleyes: I could smell the unappreciative attitude as soon as i got in though.
This is my opinions*
I don't mean to stir the pot but I have to agree with you a bit. Almost everyone in that chat was fantastic and very polite. There were a couple people, however, that were strikingly disrespectful when they disagreed with decisions by TWI.

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing or having another opinion, but if you can't express that opinion respectfully on a show where it's tough to get special guests, you shouldn't be allowed to speak. Oh and don't forget the fact that TWI went out of their way to hold this event which is a FAR CRY from what any other developer does.

Upvote 0
I think it was interesting to discuss the crosshair topic in a competitive aspect. We all know what realism says but this discussion was not about realism, is was about RO2 competitive playability. We actually talked up until right now and I found it very enlightening to hear what other people feel about stuff. I for one is interested in how RO2 becomes a good competitive game while still remaining to be a Red ROchestra game, but to have the potential of attracting people who normally does not go for the realism influenced games.

Upvote 0