• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Steam Store page is UP!!

June 17th is when the beta is going to begin, however I'm sure the marketing machine will be selling mega copies to get in the beta in may. Luckily I know all the DICE guys as well :) Last time we had dinner the words used were "messiah of PC gaming." Perhaps they can deliver on that promise, you being from Sweden, there is no country more into BF2 than Sweden. I'm still hearing from my sources that RO2 should beat brink out the gate.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
I'm still hearing from my sources that RO2 should beat brink out the gate.

I will agree with your sources that although in theory brink sound awesome when I saw some of its gameplay I was really dissapointed by how spammy the weapons and explosions seem. I like the idea of jumping and doing various acrobatics in combat but it just didn't seem as fluid as I would like it. But of course it's not a released game so one could say the same thing for RO2 with the way Germans sprint or how they hold their weapons in 1st person (which we know they will be fixed of course).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
June 17th is when the beta is going to begin, however I'm sure the marketing machine will be selling mega copies to get in the beta in may. Luckily I know all the DICE guys as well :) Last time we had dinner the words used were "messiah of PC gaming." Perhaps they can deliver on that promise, you being from Sweden, there is no country more into BF2 than Sweden. I'm still hearing from my sources that RO2 should beat brink out the gate.

----------------------BF3 for PC---------------------------------------
-smaller maps
-less vehicles
-Doubtfull 64 players
-doubtfull jets
-Frostbite 2.0(Console gaming engine not PC gaming engine)

+good graphics
+destruction 2.0

--------------------- BF2 for PC---------------------------------------
+huge maps
+tons of vehicles,tanks,choppers
+jets
+7 different role classes
+PC gaming engine
+64 players
+mod tools

-outdated graphics
-no destruction

Good luck to BF veterans with this one,but if I'm wrong,I'll suck it up and buy BF3,but after preordering BC2 and playing it...i never bought BC2 Vietnam and will never preorder any game from DICE,I want to people to play it first,give some opinions,see some videos and then maeby,just maeby...if its good I'll buy it.

Upvote 0
----------------------BF3 for PC---------------------------------------
-smaller maps
-less vehicles
-Doubtfull 64 players
-doubtfull jets
-Frostbite 2.0(Console gaming engine not PC gaming engine)

+good graphics
+destruction 2.0

--------------------- BF2 for PC---------------------------------------
+huge maps
+tons of vehicles,tanks,choppers
+jets
+7 different role classes
+PC gaming engine
+64 players
+mod tools

-outdated graphics
-no destruction

Good luck to BF veterans with this one,but if I'm wrong,I'll suck it up and buy BF3,but after preordering BC2 and playing it...i never bought BC2 Vietnam and will never preorder any game from DICE,I want to people to play it first,give some opinions,see some videos and then maeby,just maeby...if its good I'll buy it.

Games should at the very least have a demo.

Upvote 0
June 17th is when the beta is going to begin
Where did you find this information?

Also why are people so fixated on comparisons between HoS, Brink and BF. The only similarity is they are shooters otherwise they are all completely different games and lets be honest the games are only gonna be 30-40 quid just get them all...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did you find this information?

Also why are people so fixated on comparisons between HoS, Brink and BF. The only similarity is they are shooters otherwise they are all completely different games and lets be honest the games are only gonna be 30-40 quid just get them all...

i refuse to support trash, therefore brink and bf will never have a place in my hard drive.

Upvote 0
Easy now guys, I am pretty much certain that BF is gonna be another console port that will pretty much fail (at least in the eyes of proper gamers and modders) but lets not bash Brink before its released. I mean, its obviously a more relaxed game like TF2 is so unless there are some major flaws in it, it can be a damn good game.

Oh, and you can't expect everyone to buy multiple games, either because of money, because of time (most often), or just because when people find something that appeals to them they will prefer to stick with it and hardly take any chances with anything new.

Upvote 0
Easy now guys, I am pretty much certain that BF is gonna be another console port that will pretty much fail (at least in the eyes of proper gamers and modders) but lets not bash Brink before its released. I mean, its obviously a more relaxed game like TF2 is so unless there are some major flaws in it, it can be a damn good game.

I don't know, but something about the visual aesthetics and style of Brink triggers my hate buttons. Maybe a childhood trauma, who knows.

Upvote 0
You guys do make me laugh with comments like "proper games" You make comments saying that the new Brink and new BF are trash yet you have done nothing more than look at screenshots and videos. Your attitude towards other games seems very small minded. Now I will leave you fan boys to wank over RO whilst I check out a wider range of games that have caught my eye over the past few months but don't worry RO2 is in there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys do make me laugh with comments like "proper games" You make comments saying that the new Brink and new BF are trash yet you have done nothing more than look at screenshots and videos. Your attitude towards other games seems very small minded. Now I will leave you fan boys to wank over RO whilst I check out a wider range of games that have caught my eye over the past few months but don't worry RO2 is in there!

Hating the style of Brink, or generic shooters like BF, doesn't mean I don't have a huge list of games I'm interested in, this year. I could name them all, but the attitude you are showing tells me that I would be wasting my time.

You are the only one being "small minded" here with your generalizations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heh, the attitude of this forum is pretty bad lately with all the newcomers who aren't used in the usual moaning about other games :p

Anyway, I too don't like what I saw in the few videos I have watched of Brink (mostly the ultra exaggeratted visuals) and again I am 99.9999% certain BF3 will be nothing worthy just like aaaall those other games EA has allowed to be developed without any rush *cough*WAR*cough*. But gameplay wise I find some interesting bits in Brink and thats why I don't condemn it yet.

Upvote 0
Hating the style of Brink, or generic shooters like BF, doesn't mean I don't have a huge list of games I'm interested in, this year. I could name them all, but the attitude you are showing tells me that I would be wasting my time.

You are the only one being "small minded" here with your generalizations.

My "generalizations" are just observations on the way people on this forum speak about other games as if there is nothing else in the world but RO2, look at the hate for Black Ops around here yet you can quite obviously see influences in HoS from the CoD Series and I bet you Rammjaeger owns the latest call of duty.

and doomis I have been here since 2006 I just don't say much because usually its just a rant like now ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was under the impression that any computer that can run the most recent Unreal 3 engine based game comfortably would be sufficient?

some games push the machine a lot harder than unreal does.

Take the original mod, I played the ut04 version and loved all the hour or 2 I spent playing at 8 fps offline, on my 1.2 ghz/512 ram/128 gpu :D.

Upvote 0