• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C96 only used by Lufwaffe?

Also isn't the C96 more powerful than a 9mm? I geuss that means have of all the players will choose C96's over P38's/Lugers unlike in real life....

Since the C96 needs to be loaded with stripper clips even if it does more damage I doubt most people would prefer it. Similar with if say a nagant revolver were to be added to the game. The reload period is simply painfully long.
I really hope that its possible to attach the stock to the c96.

YouTube - C.96 "Broomhandle" Mauser

YouTube - Nagant Revolver Speed Load

Last edited:
Reactions: Welshie
Upvote 0
You have to push out each shell casing individually then insert a new one individually.

Yeah, I know just like famous Colt SAA.

You've cleared the chambers and are currently loading when a German charges at you. You put a bullet your're holding in its place, shoot the guy and continue to reload, relocate or what.

What I tried to achieve with my previous post was to say that it isn't such a pain in the *** to reload that weapon in a pinch since you don't have to reload it completely.

Anyway, if I have to resort to pistol / revolver in current RO I'm usually dead before emptying first magazine. If the enemy is so near that you can use pistol effectively you've done something wrong few moments ago.

Upvote 0
Anyway, if I have to resort to pistol / revolver in current RO I'm usually dead before emptying first magazine. If the enemy is so near that you can use pistol effectively you've done something wrong few moments ago.
Yeah, which means if you ARE going to have to use that pistol, you probably aren't going to have to worry about reloading it anyway. Unless you plan on engaging more than one person ... in which case good luck.

Upvote 0
Or use its extra accuracy to make your shots count....

You do realize that "extra accuracy" in a combat engagement is really negligible, right? At an average combat distance of, say, 5 to 10 yards, any pistol you pick up - even a smoothbore muzzle loader - should be able to put every single round into a 6" diameter circle. Draw a circle of that diameter on your center of mass, and see if any of it hangs outside your body.

"Extra accuracy" counts in competition, not combat. So long as you hit the other guy, and hit him enough times to make him stop doing whatever it is that you want him to stop doing, you're doing pretty good. Double-taps to the forehead where both bullets go through the same hole are for Hollywood and the shooting range, not reality.

Upvote 0