• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C96 only used by Lufwaffe?

I think that million refers to the all time production. Which includes exports (a LOT of C96's were exported) and private selling.

The real question would be:

How many of those were made after WW1 and not exported?

I'm sure some were used but not much.

Walther P38 = Standard issue

Luger P08 = Outdated but still in use, preferred by some officers.

Mauser C96 = Surplus, some probably used by rear gaurd units but not much.

Upvote 0
C96 was sort of common with the Waffen SS, especially in the early days of the war. At that time the SS used old, captured and you name it weaponry. But in the ranks of Wehrmach C96 was rare if not very rare.

Before seeing the C96 I'd actually rather see the Browning Hi-Power. (Yes I know it's in HoS)
The SS especially used a **** load of those.

Upvote 0
Before seeing the C96 I'd actually rather see the Browning Hi-Power. (Yes I know it's in HoS)
The SS especially used a **** load of those.

Not just the HP. They also used just about anything that FN made. My dad has an FN Browning M1910 (I think, it might be an M1922, though) that his dad picked up when he went on a walking tour of Europe back in the 40's. It's got the WaA eagles, etc., swastika-marked holster. all the good stuff.

Upvote 0
Not just the HP. They also used just about anything that FN made. My dad has an FN Browning M1910 (I think, it might be an M1922, though) that his dad picked up when he went on a walking tour of Europe back in the 40's. It's got the WaA eagles, etc., swastika-marked holster. all the good stuff.

Yeah, FN produced a lot of pistols for Germany.

Upvote 0
I'm sure some were used but not much.

Walther P38 = Standard issue

Luger P08 = Outdated but still in use, preferred by some officers.

Mauser C96 = Surplus, some probably used by rear gaurd units but not much.
That's a bit of an understatement. Though the P38 became standard issue, there were still THOUSANDS of Lugers in the hands of soldiers and officers in the German army, which remained so throughout the war. Hence the reason that WWII era Lugers aren't rare to this day and are extremely collectable.

Upvote 0
That's a bit of an understatement. Though the P38 became standard issue, there were still THOUSANDS of Lugers in the hands of soldiers and officers in the German army, which remained so throughout the war. Hence the reason that WWII era Lugers aren't rare to this day and are extremely collectable.

I'm not saying they were extremely one in a thousand rare, just that they weren't as common as the P38. But maybe that isn't true? There were still many made before the war but not during the war.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying they were extremely one in a thousand rare, just that they weren't as common as the P38. But maybe that isn't true? There were still many made before the war but not during the war.
Well I have actually read that the P38 never reached the numbers of production of the P08 -- I think something like 8 million P08s were made? Someone can correct me, of course.

Upvote 0