• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PAX Interview (sorry, gonna have to read :P)

the game should punish the people who don't want to cooperate, not reward them

You can always ask the Commander to unlock his Tank in Chat, but its way better with lockable Tanks as having one in there who doesn't cooperate. And this gets prevented with lockable Tanks.

This prevents (sorry for rude language) random idiots, to spoil someones Game. More often that not people who friendly ask something will be capable of Teamplay, so lock first, unlock for nice Teamplayers.

Upvote 0

A game shouldn't "punish" anyone, specially someone who doesn't want some random idiot to ruin the fun, which is far too common. And last time I checked, games were supposed to be rewarding and fun experiences.

but, according to you, the game should give you 3 options:

1 - being an *** at the spawn until (if) you get rid of the griefer .

2 - get griefed

3 - get punished by the game

I'm so glad you don't work at TWI

Upvote 0

No offense, but in a public game the chance of team tanking is very, very low. Like, near zero. RO:Ost proved this. Now that you can lock the tank, it gives you three advantages:

1. You won't end up with a noob in your tank (and most people are tank noobs)
  2. You won't get grieved as much (for some reason tanks attract a LOT of grievers, TK'ers, idiots etc)
  3. You can choose who enters your tank, e.g. a buddy who DOES know what he's doing.
All those advantages, and more, result in a much more enjoyable experience for everybody. If anything, you get MORE teamwork with the new system, not less.

Upvote 0
No offense, but in a public game the chance of team tanking is very, very low. Like, near zero. RO:Ost proved this. Now that you can lock the tank, it gives you three advantages:

1. You won't end up with a noob in your tank (and most people are tank noobs)
  2. You won't get grieved as much (for some reason tanks attract a LOT of grievers, TK'ers, idiots etc)
  3. You can choose who enters your tank, e.g. a buddy who DOES know what he's doing.
All those advantages, and more, result in a much more enjoyable experience for everybody. If anything, you get MORE teamwork with the new system, not less.

Agreed.
It would be great if they would allow to chose whether your tank is closed or opened by default. And depending on that, you could either open it for specific people, or close it for specific people.
That could be useful for players that have no problems team-tanking on public servers and like to have their tanks opened, though they'd want to be able to easily add idiots to "black list" so they'd never have to deal with them again, still having the tanks opened for the rest.

Upvote 0
Yep, Spartanovka looks non-urban.

yes and it also looks like it could be big/open enough for combined arms.

also:

Tanks Only? - yes, one of the 10 stock maps currently in development will be focused completely on amour…..so tanks only, and this time there’s enough tanks to go around!

i'm pretty certain this map won't be in an urban setting.....seeing as there could possibly be 64 tanks in it :eek::)

Upvote 0
Please, for god sake, no, no Kaukasus or Baksan Valley. Those maps are the worst of ROOST. Nadespam galore and badly balanced (except for Baksan).
Ugh totally agreed. I hated both Baksan Valley and Cock-o-saurus more than any other maps in the retail game AND the mod. Honestly, I can't see why people loved Kauk (har har) so much either ... it never had any gameplay flow and basically amounted to one team camping from spawn the entire game.

Upvote 0
Ugh totally agreed. I hated both Baksan Valley and Cock-o-saurus more than any other maps in the retail game AND the mod. Honestly, I can't see why people loved Kauk (har har) so much either ... it never had any gameplay flow and basically amounted to one team camping from spawn the entire game.

I like camping. Tents, campfires, marshmallows ... good times.

But, yeah, Kaukauses was only fun on the Soviet side.

Upvote 0
Kaukaus was an awesome map, I think. Baksan was very forgettable, although I'm not sure I'd call it bad. I dislike it in the way that I dislike Odessa, but I don't think Odessa is bad.

:eek:
:confused:

Odessa was one of the BEST maps in RO:OST!

It had great balance, variety (closed up areas, long shooting ranges), and non linear paths (loved going round the long way to sneak up on some Axis).

Upvote 0