• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

R.I.P. RO, murdered by Tripwire :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Ok the thread title is a joke, but in some ways I feel tripwire is going to do everything wrong with HOS.

There are so many variables that TW have thrown in the mix, and most of them seem like unfamiliar ground. The most obvious being single player, who knows what to expect when TW has never done anything of the sort. I mean TW and engaging immerisive AI have not exactly been used in a sentence together.

Of course multiplayer is the main appeal, and personally all I care about, but all the news so far is that it will be part RPG. Cosmetic unlocks ok whatever but weapons and morale? And even then I dont expect it to be well implemented. This is mainly because of the impression KF had on me. It seemed like the perks system did nothing to add to gameplay but where just a target to grind to. Eventually everyone will be max rank in RO and it will feel cheesy when everyone is running around as a brigadier general.

So that was my little rant. It's TW's game and my belief is that they dont owe anyone anything no matter what there expecatations are. Its there blood and sweat and I hope they are satisfied with whatever they create. Even if it's not what I hoped for then it becomes the modders blood and sweat to salvage something of the original.

Reactions: godtom
I don't think that the singleplayer portion will detract too much from the multiplayer. Judging from the website, it sounds like it's just going to be a way for you to improve your skills and get a feel for the weapons. I guess like the purpose of Ostfront's skirmish, but with objectives and more advanced AI (hopefully).

Upvote 0
And 'sucked' is a subjective term.

In the RO style, I see squads becoming extrememly useful (could you see BF2 be what it is without them?). Will it change the game dynamic...probably...and most notably in the League & Ladders. Has it been done in ro's, _unique_ style? No.

Just wait...no point in lambasting something that is a long way from being lambast-able.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.