• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bye Bye STG

Yep I personally think it looks way cooler than the STG44 -

mkb42h-1.jpg
I doubt they were used in any significant numbers that would warrent having them in the game.

Upvote 0
I doubt they were used in any significant numbers that would warrent having them in the game.

Is anyone able to find reliable statistics about the mkb42?

Wikipedia states nearly 11000 rifles were produced between early 1942 and late 1943. However Wikipedia is the most unreliable source of information.

Who has access to original documents to give us reliable information?

Upvote 0
They have only 2 grenades now though, and its' already a spam fest there. Now, if TWI will do as they say - aim for the realism, and actually add the right number of grenades to such assault team members, can you imagine the havoc?

This is because in RO:OST the player has extreme accuracy. You can easily manage to throw it through a small window 50-60 metres away.

The second problem is that grenades in RO:OST fly too far. For RO:HOS Tripwire developers should take replicas of German and Russian grenades and see how far they can throw them.

Thirdly most urban maps are "unrealistic" in RO:OST. There is not enough space in those maps which is why grenades are so effective. If Tripwire get their hands on the ACTUAL city plan of Stalingrad and replicate it in their maps, grenades are no longer overpowered.

If the above issues are tackled, you can give a soviet soldier 10 grenades with no problem. So if Tripwire are aiming for realism.. you dont have to worry about anything.

Upvote 0
The second problem is that grenades in RO:OST fly too far
When I was in 10th grade (that's 5 years ago) we had a normative of grenade throwing in our PT. It was quite heavy and had a form of a RGD or a German potatomasher. We had to throw it to 30 meters in order to get A+. I remember that most of us 10th graders managed to score good results.

A trained soldier should throw it a lot further.

However, I agree with your points. I like how greandes in PR mod are made - the distance of the throw and the effects of explosion. Much better than RO's. Would like to see something similar in the new game.

Upvote 0