• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What Mouse Do You Use for RO2/RS?

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
My old Logitech wireless mouse is dying and needs to be replaced. I expect to get RS2 Viet Nam, but I may continue to play the older game and mods.

I am curious to hear what mice people typically use for this game.

I am hesitant to go to a wired gaming mouse, as I use laptops and like only using one USB port for the keyboard and the mouse. I am usually in the top scorers with this old wireless mouse as it is. But I assume a better mouse would give me better control.

I am also unclear as to whether these particular games allow the use of multiple mouse buttons.

For example, my mouse (model that came with this wavy keyboard) has two buttons near the thumb rest. I can include then in my game play under Controls.

But the scroll wheel also has a left click feature and a right click feature. RO2 has never recognized those buttons. Is that because RO2 only allows so many mouse buttons? Or does not recognize the scroll left click and right click, but would recognize other mouse buttons if I had them? Or because I never did the Logitech software install that would have allowed me to use the scroll clicks?

And, if I buys some Logitech or Razor mouse that has like 3 or 6 side buttons, etc. would I be able to program them to work in RO2/RS or RS2VN?

One thing I always wished these games had was a Turn Around button. My crappy dying mouse takes four full swipes to get my guy to turn around to look behind him. So if I pass someone in a hallway, etc. I am doomed. Hoping a new mouse will help that bit, but I also know the DPI etc is crappy on my current mouse.

I`ve got a Logitech G500, and you need to install the Logitech Software for using the left and right mousewheelclick feature. It will not work without the Logitech Driver Software.

Another funny example: I met really two people in RO2 who bought a 7.1 Dolby Headset.
They never installed the software for it and thought with the automatic download windows drivers it should work fine, but it did not.

When they started ro2 with the installed software and heard working Dolby for the first time, it was a real shame for them, cause they then recognized that their headset was working in stereo mode before.
So please install the software.

Last edited:
Upvote 0