• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

Yesterday me and my dad went to the container park to throw some old junk away. When we were there I realized that the old junk was actually mine. Boxes from old games, random objects I used to use, homework, schoolbooks.
I tried to save some of them but the only thing I managed to keep are audio casette tapes from my dad.

I'm not a materialistic person, I don't want to keep all that stuff just to own as much as possible. The thing is in my eyes the objects you own tell a story about you as a person. Every little thing you use wears down and the "damage" on the object makes it unique, nowhere in the world will you find the same object with the same characteristics which is why i always try to use my stuff untill it falls apart and why I enjoy using old stuff. Everything I use and leave behind reflects myself and when I die the only thing that will be left of me is the stuff I used to own and use.

But now a large portion of my childhood is lost, homework I used to seriously dislike but did anyway because I had to, I never liked highschool but that doesn't mean I want to forget about it, I want to remember those times, reading the stuff I wrote explains how I used to be. But now all I have left of it is memories, but they will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Upvote 0
Yesterday me and my dad went to the container park to throw some old junk away. When we were there I realized that the old junk was actually mine. Boxes from old games, random objects I used to use, homework, schoolbooks.
I tried to save some of them but the only thing I managed to keep are audio casette tapes from my dad.

I'm not a materialistic person, I don't want to keep all that stuff just to own as much as possible. The thing is in my eyes the objects you own tell a story about you as a person. Every little thing you use wears down and the "damage" on the object makes it unique, nowhere in the world will you find the same object with the same characteristics which is why i always try to use my stuff untill it falls apart and why I enjoy using old stuff. Everything I use and leave behind reflects myself and when I die the only thing that will be left of me is the stuff I used to own and use.

But now a large portion of my childhood is lost, homework I used to seriously dislike but did anyway because I had to, I never liked highschool but that doesn't mean I want to forget about it, I want to remember those times, reading the stuff I wrote explains how I used to be. But now all I have left of it is memories, but they will be lost in time like tears in rain.

If you wanted to keep some of it but failed... I'm guessing your dad was being a bit of a dick about it? Stuff like that is awesome. I've managed to keep some things, not very much, like that and I'll hopefully hang onto them until I'm an old man.

Upvote 0