• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Game of Thrones

LightsabeR said:
That was first season talk. Do we still need spoilers for that?

I have not and probably will not read the books, so I'm hanging on what's going to happen in the second season. Rattus just said Jamie is a cool character in later volumes of the books.. well, in the TV series he was just captured by the Starks, and with what happened to Ned so unexpectedly, I half expected Jamie to be killed or something.. now I know he lives for a good long while and in addition to that somehow becomes 'likeable' when compared to the other Lannisters. Kapish?

I think I'm just gonna stay away from this particular thread as there's really no point in my reading it.

Upvote 0
I have not and probably will not read the books, so I'm hanging on what's going to happen in the second season. Rattus just said Jamie is a cool character in later volumes of the books.. well, in the TV series he was just captured by the Starks, and with what happened to Ned so unexpectedly, I half expected Jamie to be killed or something.. now I know he lives for a good long while and in addition to that somehow becomes 'likeable' when compared to the other Lannisters. Kapish?

I think I'm just gonna stay away from this particular thread as there's really no point in my reading it.
Rez, do yourself a favor and read the books :)

In the series you can't learn much about the lore and the background of the story. It also lacks the deep lines of thought that cross the mind of the protagonist of each chapter, which is a very large and important part of the books, but is missing in the series.

Upvote 0
I have not and probably will not read the books, so I'm hanging on what's going to happen in the second season. Rattus just said Jamie is a cool character in later volumes of the books..

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait... where did I say that Jamie was a cool character? Oh, allright, I said he was the second most likeable Lannister. But that's a bit like saying syphilis is the most fun STD, isn't it?

so don't feel spoiled.

Upvote 0
Cmon, you're coloring outside the lines. 'The lines' being my point about throwing down a simple spoiler tag when talking about something from the books which hasnt yet happened.

Nezzer, I know the books will be better, that's always the case regardless. Any book is going to be better than an adapted TV series or movie; I'm in full agreement.

Rattus, yeah, it's like saying 'which pile of sh!t do you think looks nicer?'.. but you're dodging my point. Before I read that Jamie is still alive in later volumes of the book I was in the dark about what might happen to him while in Stark custody, but now I know he lives for a good long while. It's as simple as that. I now know Jamie will not die this season when, in my mind, it was a very real possibility in the wake of Ned's death.

No worries, it isnt the end of the world, but I know better now than to click on this thread.

Upvote 0
Just watched it. Not the best chapter, but a decent start. I was afraid they would cut Maester Cressen trying to poison Melisandre since they moved the prologue to the middle of the show, but they handled it very well. I just think that scene with Littlefinger implying that he knows about Cersei's dark secret was unnecessary. It made him looks pretty stupid.

Upvote 0
That's mostly the reaction I've been hearing as well, and I do share it. But I believe that much like with season one, the show will get better and better as the story lines develop.
Yeah. It looked a bit rushed, but I understand they had a lot of things to show and little time. I just don't understand why it's 10 episodes and not 20.

Upvote 0
Yeah. It looked a bit rushed, but I understand they had a lot of things to show and little time. I just don't understand why it's 10 episodes and not 20.
20 episodes would be much more expensive to produce than 10. The production value of the show is already very high compared to most other TV shows.

I think they should do two seasons per book. :p

Upvote 0
The 2nd episode was out yesterday already. Watched it and it's better than the first.
Yeah I watched yesterday too. Less rushed, but some things are a bit too different from the book.

Spoilers from the second episode:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Yeah I watched yesterday too. Less rushed, but some things are a bit too different from the book.

Spoilers from the second episode:
Spoiler!

Well damn. It was bound to start sometime, and here i was thinking "Wow, finally a series that follows its book"

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can imagine Balon's reaction to be somewhat like this:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0