• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Game of Thrones

Public Enemy - Don't Believe The Hype - YouTube

I always find it better to lower one's expectations :D
So do I, but this time I just can't not believe the hype. I feel so optimistic about this season and I hate that. I've been disappointed way too many times these last few years and I don't want it happening again, yet I cannot stop myself from believing the hype :(

Upvote 0
I always find it better to lower one's expectations :D
Same. I can't deny that I'm looking forward to it and it's probably my favorite show on TV (edging out Sons of Anarchy, Justified and Archer), but I'm not letting myself get overly hyped up.

Edit:
As a complete side note, I recommend people check out Vikings. Great show so far.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What, noone commented on S03E01?

I think the season is off to a good start!

Spoiler!
Sorry, I've been hanging on other forums where the discussion won't ever stop :D

I loved this episode. Best season premiere of the show so far IMHO. Didn't care that Barristan revealed himself right away, his introduction was awesome. I was only disappointed they didn't show the battle at the Fist, but it's a minor disappointment. I give this episode a 9/10. And the critics say that this first episode is the worst of the first four they've seen. I try to be as pessimistic as possible to never get disappoint myself, but this time I just can't do it. I'm extremely optimistic about this season.

Upvote 0
Is GoT close to the books?

Well, for the most part, I'd say ...'yes'. Of course they have to skip a lot of stuff and change other to fit the 10 episode limit.

There are a couple of changes that I believe unnecesary, but I won't say any spoiler :D

At least the changes are not as bad as The Walking dead. I couldn't pass the 3rd episode

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Not having read the books, I don't know how much they elaborate on the 'magic'/warg/farseeing thing. But I hope it's not a lot.

I watch GoT for the action, intrigue, scheming, murdering and general jolliness of it (and the pretty ladies), not for some half-baked 'Arry effing Potter magic crap :p

Bran's chapters in the books have always been a little voodoo-magic-y... the series is fairly true to the source material for those scenes.

Dany's scenes in the series is where the magic element has really been trumpeted. The warlocks have abilities and powers on the show that are significantly more powerful than anything they could accomplish in the books.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Not having read the books, I don't know how much they elaborate on the 'magic'/warg/farseeing thing. But I hope it's not a lot.

I watch GoT for the action, intrigue, scheming, murdering and general jolliness of it (and the pretty ladies), not for some half-baked 'Arry effing Potter magic crap :p
Well, there are dragons, White Walkers and sorcerers who stole Dany's dragons, etc. I'd say all of those top Bran's visions, so I don't really get why that in particular is bothering you.

That said, I do understand. Some people just prefer low fantasy (or no fantasy at all).

Upvote 0
Well, there are dragons, White Walkers and sorcerers who stole Dany's dragons, etc. I'd say all of those top Bran's visions, so I don't really get why that in particular is bothering you.

That said, I do understand. Some people just prefer low fantasy (or no fantasy at all).

I think it's partly because any fantasy with magic, or comparable force\presence, that doesn't fall into the typical destructive\chaotic magic and is shown with more detail usually tends to forget when the story gets serious (parodies and such aside ofc), that what exactly could be done with it depending how the rules were established. Keeping things like in Gothic horror makes the suspension of disbelief suffer less in any cynical\

Upvote 0