• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Game of Thrones

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Just as I feared... there are so many different and (almost) independent plots now that it's hard to do them all justice in each episode.

As a whole... the production value of the series might be as good as of the first season's, if not better, but the end result is nowhere near for some reason. Nothing like the madness of the first season.

Also I noticed that as the scale of the scenes gets bigger (eg. the battles), the need for scaling up the production is more eminent. They either have to pour even more money and time into it or they should stick to small scale battles again and use tricks like so many war movies have done many years before CGI. The only scenes I thoroughly enjoy are those with the dragons. There is a reason why they spent so much on the battles scenes of LOTR (I know it's unfair to compare a TV show with a movie of such scale, but if you do something, do it right).

Upvote 0
Ah, well, the rest of the season was decent. Still, they need to stick closer to the source material--there's a damn good reason the books are so popular.
Yep, they destroyed the House of the Undying in the show. Completely different. No visions of Rhaegar and predictions of the future. They cut the most important parts.

Upvote 0
You guys are completely missing the point, nitpicking random details, when you overlook the obvious: The fall of Winterfell made absolutely no sense in the TV show.

Man it is good the show is different from the books, and both are two completely different art forms anyway.

@Shadrach you mean Sansa walking out of the throne room, right? And the Game of Throne Zombies have blue eyes, isn't that original enough?

/rant

Upvote 0
You guys are completely missing the point, nitpicking random details, when you overlook the obvious: The fall of Winterfell made absolutely no sense in the TV show.

Man it is good the show is different from the books, and both are two completely different art forms anyway.

@Shadrach you mean Sansa walking out of the throne room, right? And the Game of Throne Zombies have blue eyes, isn't that original enough?

/rant

LOL. Yeah... Theon was a bit of a powerless figure in the books, but the series take him to a whole new level of patheticness that is somewhat undeserved. That last scene, in addition to making zero sense, just did absolutely no justice.

They missed out on a great opportunity, really:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0