• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

The Trayvon case is many layered, but in the end it's simply just tragic. The racial angle is, in my opinion, a non-starter because something like that is hard to prove without a significant body of evidence. The real issue at the heart of this, for me, is the 'stand your ground' law. We're a ****ed up society if we allow laws like this to stand. It's basically vigilante justice which allows any person to become judge, jury and executioner without recourse. Zimmerman was given direct orders from the 911 operator to not follow Trayvon.. but he did. He instigated the situation himself (Zimmerman) and then he murdered that kid; a 17 year-old 150lb kid with a bag of Skittles and an iced tea in his hands on his way back from a convenience store only steps away from the front door of the house he was going to in a gated community.. Zimmerman feels the need to use deadly force against this kid after he himself creates the situation!

The one main piece of evidence against Zimmerman is that he ignored instructions from the 911 dispatcher and he followed Trayvon and then instigated the confrontation. There is no argument about the fact that Zimmerman disregarded the dispatcher and pursued Trayvon, it's all on tape. You shouldnt be allowed to do that and then kill the person and cite self-defense. It's a sick world if he gets away with that. He called the police and that's all he needed to do if he felt Trayvon was 'suspicious', but he decided to become judge, jury and executioner and he ended up taking Trayvons life.. it didn't have to go down like that and he should be held responsible for that young man's death.

Let me tell you, if I'm steps from my front door and some random person I've never seen before approaches me and starts confronting me, yeah, it could end up in a fight.. and there is no way in hell if that person then shoots and kills me that he should get away with citing self defense. No F'ing way.

Castle laws are one thing, stand your ground laws are something else entirely and they shouldnt exist.. it's an excuse to get away with murder as there are already laws that allow you to defend yourself against deadly force by means of deadly force. Just think about how laws like 'stand your ground' can be manipulated. The bottom line is Zimmerman created the entire situation by pursuing Martin and putting himself in a position of physical confrontation and then he kills the kid when 'supposed' physical confrontation takes place and then expects self defense to be a viable excuse.
The stand your ground law makes a lot of sense to me. I guess it depends on the person and their political leaning on what they think is right and wrong in the world. If you were to put the situation on a grand scale, the whole 1938 Czechoslovakia incident comes to mind. The Czechoslovakians had the right to stand their ground that they owned and go to war with Germany (AKA use deadly force), though they chose not to. On public grounds, it's the same concept. A person has the right to stand his ground on a spot that he or she is lawfully allowed to be (which was public property).

Now, you are right in the respect that Zimmerman completely screwed himself by ignoring the police officer's warning that he should not follow Martin. As for the events that happened afterwards, NO ONE knows except Zimmerman now, and he is not talking yet. If someone is assaulted or sustains injuries on the scene and needs to be evacuated, they are usually cleaned up, which explains why pictures taken of him being held in custody show him so clean. You need to calm down about this and stop jumping the gun when you don't even have all the evidence yet. It can go either way.

You and the media are completely sensationalizing this whole thing with the "skittles and iced tea" ****. Who cares how old he is, how much he weighs, or what he was buying at a convenient store? He still has the ability to beat a guy to death who is bigger and heavier than him. My point is, wait for the evidence because you nor anyone else has a clue what happened. Only then your opinion that this vigilante of justice should be locked up for life will be valid.

And what's wrong with the NRA?

Upvote 0
Alexander Ostmann said:
The stand your ground law makes a lot of sense to me.

Of course it does. Your lifelong dream is to participate in the killing of other human beings while wearing a uniform, is it not? You've tried to join, what, four times now, no? Next you're gonna tell me you heard the food was good and you wanted to see exotic locales.

Zimmerman created the situation by following and confronting Martin, knowing full well that he himself was armed with a deadly weapon and he was putting himself in a situation where he might be harmed and would need to use his weapon. You're trying to argue against common sense here. He did everything fine when he called in a suspicious person, stop right there - wait for the cops, but no, after that it was a series of very bad decisions on Zimmermans part that directly led to the death of an innocent person; yes, I said 'innocent' because Zimmerman said he was suspicious, not that he had seen him commit a crime; and yes, I said 'directly led to the death of' because if he does not confront Trayvon, like he was told not to do and what any normal person would never do for fear of harm, Trayvon would be alive today. He should be held responsible for Trayvons death because it was a situation of his own (Zimmermans) creation.

I'm not looking for your piss-ant validation or your bizarre attempts at rationalizing fatal violence or your laughable reason for Zimmerman not showing any injuries either. I swear I'm being trolled everytime I read one of your posts.

If I goad you into a fight and then smoke your *** and say it was self defense.. that's cool in your world? ..because that's what 'stand your ground' laws allow me (or anyone) to do. I mean, it's your word against a dead guys', right? I don't want to live in the wild wild west where everyone is packing heat and a pocket full of laws protecting 'justified killing' (whatever the **** that means).

I thought the plan was to become more civilized as the human race goes forward in time. Our killing technologies and the mentalities that go along with that have far surpassed, and some would say completely stagnated, our spiritual evolution; spirituality having nothing to do with religion just to be clear.

Upvote 0
Of course it does. Your lifelong dream is to participate in the killing of other human beings while wearing a uniform, is it not? You've tried to join, what, four times now, no? Next you're gonna tell me you heard the food was good and you wanted to see exotic locales.

Zimmerman created the situation by following and confronting Martin, knowing full well that he himself was armed with a deadly weapon and he was putting himself in a situation where he might be harmed and would need to use his weapon. You're trying to argue against common sense here. He did everything fine when he called in a suspicious person, stop right there - wait for the cops, but no, after that it was a series of very bad decisions on Zimmermans part that directly led to the death of an innocent person; yes, I said 'innocent' because Zimmerman said he was suspicious, not that he had seen him commit a crime; and yes, I said 'directly led to the death of' because if he does not confront Trayvon, like he was told not to do and what any normal person would never do for fear of harm, Trayvon would be alive today. He should be held responsible for Trayvons death because it was a situation of his own (Zimmermans) creation.

I'm not looking for your piss-ant validation or your bizarre attempts at rationalizing fatal violence or your laughable reason for Zimmerman not showing any injuries either. I swear I'm being trolled everytime I read one of your posts.

If I goad you into a fight and then smoke your *** and say it was self defense.. that's cool in your world? ..because that's what 'stand your ground' laws allow me (or anyone) to do. I mean, it's your word against a dead guys', right? I don't want to live in the wild wild west where everyone is packing heat and a pocket full of laws protecting 'justified killing' (whatever the **** that means).

I thought the plan was to become more civilized as the human race goes forward in time. Our killing technologies and the mentalities that go along with that have far surpassed, and some would say completely stagnated, our spiritual evolution; spirituality having nothing to do with religion just to be clear.
That's nice. Quote one sentence out of my entire post of 3 paragraphs.

First of all, no, not to kill. But I know you won't believe me because you want to fulfill this screwed up fantasy you have of me being some blood-thirsty skin-head masturbating American Nazi. It doesn't matter what I give for reasoning as to why I want to join because you will be brain-dead when you read it anyway and read something completely different than what I typed.

Second, I cannot tell if you actually got past the first sentence of my post or not, but I already acknowledged he precipitated the event. Well of course you can use the term "innocent" because he was never put on trial, but that's misleading, because deep down both of us really don't know if he actually would have been innocent in the end had he lived. You can't even say you'd know. That's just pure stupidity and ignorance. You WEREN'T there and neither was I. We can't judge on the guiltiness of either party.

I swear people turn their brains off or enter an alternate reality when they read my posts.

I've taken numerous concealed carry courses for handgun safety, studied my state criminal code, and past cases, and yes, you most likely would end up guilty for murder despite the fact you used self-defense, because of being under the circumstances of baiting the party. The difference is, we don't have any of the facts as to the confrontation between the two itself. WE DON'T KNOW. STOP PRETENDING YOU DO.

As NoxNoctum said before he deleted his post, the media and lots of organizations are completely taking advantage of the case and the Martin's for their own personal gains and agendas. It's a real shame because a case like this shouldn't have been blown out of proportion the way it has. However, it's also a shame you are getting sucked into this sensationalist style of reporting with all the other chumps out there that are crying racism and a slew of other ignorant words. AGAIN: Wait until the evidence is presented.

Upvote 0
Oh look, more A4 pages from mr I'm completely brainwashed and have no life and want to join the army instead. Sorry, but that just seems to be the truth. There is no normal individual who's right in his head who just wants to voluntarily join the army for no reason. Looking at that picture of yours you really need to get out there and get some proper life experience instead of being a OMG USA **** YEAH fool. It's not like anybody would actually give a **** about you if you went to Afghanistan or someplace like that. You seriously seem to think that joining the army will compromise for being a loser in reallife?

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
Oh look, more A4 pages from mr I'm completely brainwashed and have no life and want to join the army instead. Sorry, but that just seems to be the truth. There is no normal individual who's right in his head who just wants to voluntarily join the army for no reason. Looking at that picture of yours you really need to get out there and get some proper life experience instead of being a OMG USA **** YEAH fool. It's not like anybody would actually give a **** about you if you went to Afghanistan or someplace like that. You seriously seem to think that joining the army will compromise for being a loser in reallife?
Well holy ****, another person who didn't read what I posted. You guys have just as much of no life being on these forums as I do. I go to school and I have a job. I have hobbies and friends. And if you actually read what I posted, you would see that I said it didn't matter what the reasoning was that I decided to join the military, because you guys would find something wrong with it, as does everyone on these forums.

And you are incredibly na

Upvote 0
Well holy ****, another person who didn't read what I posted.
Oh gee, why would that be?

Have some ****ing respect for those who have served with honor.
No.
Are they losers or not right in the head either?
Yes.
Do you think attacking some guy on a forum will dissolve your insecurities about yourself? Or make you feel bigger in the midst of your inferiority complex? You sounds like the typical school bully that never grew up and still rides with his yearbook sitting shotgun.
Ololol.

Upvote 0
didntreadlol.png

Upvote 0