• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Well, Nestor is capable of speaking for himself but I'm sure he was talking directly to you in that post, and that pic is something from a magazine or some-such; it's not like he made it. I mean, you post hippie pics with ridiculous statements on them and you get offended by something like this? Get over it.

Here, something for you to watch..
Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong on Vimeo

Upvote 0
Seriously, just ONCE I want to meet a NORMAL girl. Last night I met a blonde who told me she is an ex-junkie and lived on the streets for 5years, and when I wanted to make out(which I assumed she wanted too since she opened my shirt and always came like 1mm close to my face) she was like "Omg no, I can't, I have a boyfriend in the dominician republic" = WTF. Best part was after that I wanted to dump her but she wouldn't go away, instead she punched every other girl that came close =WTF

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Seriously, just ONCE I want to meet a NORMAL girl. Last night I met a blonde who told me she is an ex-junkie and lived on the streets for 5years, and when I wanted to make out(which I assumed she wanted too since she opened my shirt and always came like 1mm close to my face) she was like "Omg no, I can't, I have a boyfriend in the dominician republic" = WTF. Best part was after that I wanted to dump her but she wouldn't go away, instead she punched every other girl that came close =WTF

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0
Well, Nestor is capable of speaking for himself but I'm sure he was talking directly to you in that post, and that pic is something from a magazine or some-such; it's not like he made it. I mean, you post hippie pics with ridiculous statements on them and you get offended by something like this? Get over it.

Here, something for you to watch..
Bruce Bartlett on Where the Right Went Wrong on Vimeo
See, here is where you made a wrong assumption. When I saw the picture at my house, I laughed out loud, because it's true for a lot of Americans that they don't know geography, but not all 330,000,000. You must have missed my sarcastic comment poking fun:
How did you get a hold of my map? :mad:

I believe Peter.Steele was just simply stating the hypocrisies of this forum, where basically there is only one side to be on, and if you're on the wrong side, you get infractions, **** on by everyone else, and negged to oblivion.

I will watch that video after I get back from work later today.

Upvote 0
Nestor posted that pic because it applies to you.. he wasnt aiming it at 330,000,000 Americans, he was aiming it at you, so Peter is wrong in trying to inflate a little slap ment for one specific person; that was my point. Also, no one but Nestor and the Mods knows if he was talked to or not about his post, so to say 'he's a hero' is like.. let me play the tiniest violin for you. Concerning your 'negging,' the Mods have nothing to do with that.. you've earned that for yourself. Notice Peters' greens.

So what I see is Peter being a little sore because he got a slap on the wrist for something he feels he didnt deserve, and now he's hung on the post of another and thrown a bit of a tantrum. Then you come in and try to turn it into something even a bit more out of proportion by saying there are 'sides' and 'hypocrises' abound. I have infractions too, ones I felt at the time were ticky-tack, which side am I on?

Now that I've completely wasted my own time engaging in this back and forth with you, maybe I can make something good of it and invite you, and anybody else who might be interested, to watch the videos on the Moyers and Company website. Who knows, you might gain some new perspectives.

Upvote 0
Also today I learnt that if you give a female cartoon character a pair of boobs, covered or not, you get a lifetime's supply of tears.

I honestly don't know why things like that are taken so seriously. In the end, it's just a picture.

it is because people naturally look at that sort of thing as sexual due to the general fears, taboos, and stereotypes- because there is that sort of image, accepted by the person or not, it generally makes people jump to that conclusion.
Particularly if a bikini is involved, and one was. In fact, that is just sort of implied with a bikini, for some reason.
I mean, there was a basic undertone in those pictures, but it wasn't as powerful as it could have been. It's just that these slight, could-go-either way sexualizations tend to inflame stereotypes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it is because people naturally look at that sort of thing as sexual due to the general fears, taboos, and stereotypes- because there is that sort of image, accepted by the person or not, it generally makes people jump to that conclusion.
Particularly if a bikini is involved, and one was. In fact, that is just sort of implied with a bikini, for some reason.
I mean, there was a basic undertone in those pictures, but it wasn't as powerful as it could have been. It's just that these slight, could-go-either way sexualizations tend to inflame stereotypes.

It sounds like you're implying that emphasising a little on physical beauty is actually wrong. I mean, if that were true, nobody would be allowed bikinis. Wearing a bikini is not saying "hay guise, come have sex with me" it's just, well... looking good.

There is a line between pron and emphasis on physical beauty, and it's not that thin a one, either. People forget it's there altogether. And I'm not really arsed about stereotypes, but if you reckon this undertone is a problem in a picture, then it's a problem when you see women IRL.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you're implying that emphasising a little on physical beauty is actually wrong. I mean, if that were true, nobody would be allowed bikinis. Wearing a bikini is not saying "hay guise, come have sex with me" it's just, well... looking good.

There is a line between pron and emphasis on physical beauty, and it's not that thin a one, either. People forget it's there altogether. And I'm not really arsed about stereotypes, but if you reckon this undertone is a problem in a picture, then it's a problem when you see women IRL.

I know, I'm not saying that reaction is right. I'm just saying that some people will react that way, and that is why I think it does.

Upvote 0