• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Ahh very good, but I thought you meant from scratch.. my mistake. I agree, homemade is most excellent. Waitaminute.. tuna? on pizza?

[Ragga voice] LORD-A-MERCEH! [/Ragga voice]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...r-news-US-bars-friends-over-Twitter-joke.html

Tuna pizza is excellent. Especially if you got a really good glass of expensive Mediterranean tuna. Add a few marinated and quartered artichoke hearts and some buffalo mozarella and you will have yourself one of the finest meals known to man.

Upvote 0
Is it just me or is self-made pizza 100x better than the delivery pizza **** which somehow always tastes the same no matter where you order from?

Yeah... Home-made food is generally better than anything that was slapped together in 30 seconds with the blandest and cheapest ingredients possible by somebody who doesn't have to eat it and doesn't give a ****.

Who woulda thunk it? :D

Upvote 0
facebook+1+.+girl+gets+bossed+by+a+boss_2dfc12_3255794.jpg

My faith in people.
Has anyone seen it? I seem to have lost it.

Upvote 0

This.
I once had an argument with a Christian on the street. I believe she was a Jehova's witness by the way she acted but I'm not sure, she could have been some other kind of fanatic as well.
I asked her what she thought of other faiths like the Islam, and this is what she said (with utmost sincerity): "Blablabla but let's be honest for a moment here. Allah is dead."

And I'm like:
epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Reminds me very much of this quote Nimster once posted on the TDNL forums, and I agree completely with this:

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen F. Roberts

Too bad I didnt know about this one when I had that conversation.
I did ask another question which got her brain in a knot.
I asked her what happened to the people that killed Jesus Christ.
Killing is a sin so naturally they should have gone to Hell, but if they had not killed Jesus how could he have died for our sins? So them committing murder was necessary for the Christian faith as it stands today.
She replied with lame excuses like, "Maybe they repented and went to Heaven anyways." to which I was like, but if it's that easy to get away with murder, what is the ****ing point?

Upvote 0
This.
I once had an argument with a Christian on the street. I believe she was a Jehova's witness by the way she acted but I'm not sure, she could have been some other kind of fanatic as well.
I asked her what she thought of other faiths like the Islam, and this is what she said (with utmost sincerity): "Blablabla but let's be honest for a moment here. Allah is dead."

And I'm like:
epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Reminds me very much of this quote Nimster once posted on the TDNL forums, and I agree completely with this:

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen F. Roberts

Too bad I didnt know about this one when I had that conversation.
I did ask another question which got her brain in a knot.
I asked her what happened to the people that killed Jesus Christ.
Killing is a sin so naturally they should have gone to Hell, but if they had not killed Jesus how could he have died for our sins? So them committing murder was necessary for the Christian faith as it stands today.
She replied with lame excuses like, "Maybe they repented and went to Heaven anyways." to which I was like, but if it's that easy to get away with murder, what is the ****ing point?
Wow. The ignorance of what Christianity truly is (even among "Christians"), is just astounding. You've barely even scratched the surface and your way off. :eek: First point being that the cornerstone behind the Christian faith is that everyone is/was/will always be a sinner (except for Jesus, of course).

Just be careful that you don't let the ignorance of a few define the religion. I could bring up youtube after youtube of secular skinheads and portray them as indicative of the secular world. Likewise, I could bring up youtube after youtube of Muslim extremists and with fatwas from sources such as Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini and use that to define my view of Islam. Or I could bring up Westboro Baptist Church and say they define American Baptists. None of the above would be accruate.

Just as the secular world is full of clueless numbskulls, so too is the non-secular world.

Its been my experience that in these forums religion bashing is acceptable. Presenting an opposing view is not. So rather than get this thread locked, I'll stop there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That always makes my eye twitch a little, when Christians say "well, I don't believe in Allah, so you know..."

Allah IS Jehovah; Jehovah IS Yahweh; Yahweh is Allah. If you want to dismiss Islam, say that they deny the Christ and that that's terrible, but don't throw around the name Allah like he's some pagan tree-spirit or something you can wave away as superstition. That doesn't make sense.

I saw a picture that said "I hope Allah wears body-armor." I can just imagine Jesus saying "don't talk sh*t about my dad, man, that's not cool."

Upvote 0
So it doesnt matter what I do, because I am a sinner regardless of what I do. While extremely brilliant (and easy to pick apart), that wasn't really the point.

But that wasnt even the point of my post, regardless of what the Christian faith actually entails. I couldn't care less about that.
Actually you could just take my post and replace the part about Christianity with any other faith and it would still apply.
All faiths in principle have flaws, all of them require you to simply have faith that what is said in the bible/qu'ran/anyotherholydocument is true.
There is no proof for any of these religions to be correct, yet all claim to have the monopoly on the 'Big Truth'.
And in that aspect every 'true believer' of what ever faith closes his eyes off to all other possibilities, even if these other faiths are based on the same principles.

But who is really to say who's right? There have been thousands of religions throughout history, all of them thinking they were right.
And where are those religions now? Who's to say that in a few thousand years all of our current religions won't be gone?
Yet people have the nerve to get up in my face and tell me that I will burn in Hell because I don't subscribe to their religion. Seriously, what the ****?
I don't mind religious people but this seriously gets to me. I'm just glad they don't have the power to force this down our throats anymore.

Now I do believe there is something more to all of this, but I can't accept any form of religion as my own.
If I had to chose, I'd pick some old tribal 'superstitious' belief, based on Nature and common ****ing sense.
One of those faiths that tell a tribe to not kill all animals of a pack, and respect the animal that gives it's life for the life of the tribe.
To not take everything you can take so that Nature can regenerate itself and can continously sustain life on the planet.
Now that truely is a higher form of living.
But the reason they are mostly gone now is that life has moved on from that primitive hunter-gatherer style of living, people figured out 'hey, it doesnt matter. We can mass-produce chickens on frigging assembly lines. **** their freedom and their life' and we ended up in our current consumerism society where no life but our own is important.
It is that new mindset that makes creatures go extinct, and eventually it will probably make us become extinct as well.

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
Not that I'm a religious person or anything, but all the atheist prick-waving that goes on nowadays bugs me as much as all the deranged raving of the "religious" radicals. Big deal, you think that idiots are stupid - nice of you to share, I hope stating that improved your self-esteem or whatever reason you put forward to yourself justifying your declarations...

Upvote 0