Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

The "anything" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by REZ View Post
    Of course it does. Your lifelong dream is to participate in the killing of other human beings while wearing a uniform, is it not? You've tried to join, what, four times now, no? Next you're gonna tell me you heard the food was good and you wanted to see exotic locales.

Zimmerman created the situation by following and confronting Martin, knowing full well that he himself was armed with a deadly weapon and he was putting himself in a situation where he might be harmed and would need to use his weapon. You're trying to argue against common sense here. He did everything fine when he called in a suspicious person, stop right there - wait for the cops, but no, after that it was a series of very bad decisions on Zimmermans part that directly led to the death of an innocent person; yes, I said 'innocent' because Zimmerman said he was suspicious, not that he had seen him commit a crime; and yes, I said 'directly led to the death of' because if he does not confront Trayvon, like he was told not to do and what any normal person would never do for fear of harm, Trayvon would be alive today. He should be held responsible for Trayvons death because it was a situation of his own (Zimmermans) creation.

I'm not looking for your piss-ant validation or your bizarre attempts at rationalizing fatal violence or your laughable reason for Zimmerman not showing any injuries either. I swear I'm being trolled everytime I read one of your posts.

If I goad you into a fight and then smoke your *** and say it was self defense.. that's cool in your world? ..because that's what 'stand your ground' laws allow me (or anyone) to do. I mean, it's your word against a dead guys', right? I don't want to live in the wild wild west where everyone is packing heat and a pocket full of laws protecting 'justified killing' (whatever the **** that means).

I thought the plan was to become more civilized as the human race goes forward in time. Our killing technologies and the mentalities that go along with that have far surpassed, and some would say completely stagnated, our spiritual evolution; spirituality having nothing to do with religion just to be clear.
    That's nice. Quote one sentence out of my entire post of 3 paragraphs.

First of all, no, not to kill. But I know you won't believe me because you want to fulfill this screwed up fantasy you have of me being some blood-thirsty skin-head masturbating American Nazi. It doesn't matter what I give for reasoning as to why I want to join because you will be brain-dead when you read it anyway and read something completely different than what I typed.

Second, I cannot tell if you actually got past the first sentence of my post or not, but I already acknowledged he precipitated the event. Well of course you can use the term "innocent" because he was never put on trial, but that's misleading, because deep down both of us really don't know if he actually would have been innocent in the end had he lived. You can't even say you'd know. That's just pure stupidity and ignorance. You WEREN'T there and neither was I. We can't judge on the guiltiness of either party.

I swear people turn their brains off or enter an alternate reality when they read my posts.

I've taken numerous concealed carry courses for handgun safety, studied my state criminal code, and past cases, and yes, you most likely would end up guilty for murder despite the fact you used self-defense, because of being under the circumstances of baiting the party. The difference is, we don't have any of the facts as to the confrontation between the two itself. WE DON'T KNOW. STOP PRETENDING YOU DO.

As NoxNoctum said before he deleted his post, the media and lots of organizations are completely taking advantage of the case and the Martin's for their own personal gains and agendas. It's a real shame because a case like this shouldn't have been blown out of proportion the way it has. However, it's also a shame you are getting sucked into this sensationalist style of reporting with all the other chumps out there that are crying racism and a slew of other ignorant words. AGAIN: Wait until the evidence is presented.

Comment

• Oh look, more A4 pages from mr I'm completely brainwashed and have no life and want to join the army instead. Sorry, but that just seems to be the truth. There is no normal individual who's right in his head who just wants to voluntarily join the army for no reason. Looking at that picture of yours you really need to get out there and get some proper life experience instead of being a OMG USA **** YEAH fool. It's not like anybody would actually give a **** about you if you went to Afghanistan or someplace like that. You seriously seem to think that joining the army will compromise for being a loser in reallife?
      Last edited by Heisenberg; 04-13-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander Ostmann View Post
        both of us really don't know if he actually would have been innocent in the end had he lived.
        So what you're saying is that it's okay to kill people because they might become criminials?
        My amateurish youtube channel

Comment

• No. Prevention > punishment is a liberal idea, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
            Oh look, more A4 pages from mr I'm completely brainwashed and have no life and want to join the army instead. Sorry, but that just seems to be the truth. There is no normal individual who's right in his head who just wants to voluntarily join the army for no reason. Looking at that picture of yours you really need to get out there and get some proper life experience instead of being a OMG USA **** YEAH fool. It's not like anybody would actually give a **** about you if you went to Afghanistan or someplace like that. You seriously seem to think that joining the army will compromise for being a loser in reallife?
            Well holy ****, another person who didn't read what I posted. You guys have just as much of no life being on these forums as I do. I go to school and I have a job. I have hobbies and friends. And if you actually read what I posted, you would see that I said it didn't matter what the reasoning was that I decided to join the military, because you guys would find something wrong with it, as does everyone on these forums.

And you are incredibly na

Comment

Well holy ****, another person who didn't read what I posted.
              Oh gee, why would that be?

Have some ****ing respect for those who have served with honor.
              No.
              Are they losers or not right in the head either?
              Yes.
              Do you think attacking some guy on a forum will dissolve your insecurities about yourself? Or make you feel bigger in the midst of your inferiority complex? You sounds like the typical school bully that never grew up and still rides with his yearbook sitting shotgun.
              Ololol.

Comment

• Modern Warfare 3 - because blowing up families is much more important than gameplay!
                http://www.greatergoodgames.org

Comment

• Where's Bobdog when we need him

Originally posted by The Masta View Post
                  We know you can't even read, no need to remind us !

Comment

• Originally posted by Olivier View Post
                    We know you can't even read, no need to remind us !
                    But then how will I get attention?.
                    Modern Warfare 3 - because blowing up families is much more important than gameplay!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Masta View Post
                      But then how will I get attention?.
                      Become a Mod and ban everyone, then ban yourself

Comment

Thousands of people have joined over the years because they didn't know what they wanted to do in their life. Turned out some liked it...
                        Last edited by Moyako; 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Nice, way to insult all the brave people who are over there trying their best by implying they are all the same like that jack@ss in the picture

Comment

• I think jack@ss is somewhat of a misnomer considering that guy is a lunatic massmurderer. But yeah, I get your point about the generalisation.

Comment

• Originally posted by =GG= Mr Moe View Post
                              Nice, way to insult all the brave people who are over there trying their best by implying they are all the same like that jack@ss in the picture
                              shhhhhh!

How can I annoy Ostmann if you point that out?

I'm just an innocent bystander throwing fuel to the fire
                              Last edited by Moyako; 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Am I too late to bash the US military?
                                Modern Warfare 3 - because blowing up families is much more important than gameplay!

Comment

Working...
                                X