• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

It's amazing how newer generations assume things we used to believe 'impossible' and take them for granted.

My 2 year old son, for example, can use a laptop since he had around 19-20 months. He knows how turn it on, open Chrome, click on the youtube shortcut, how to use the touchpad to browse through all those youtube videos he likes.

When I turn on the TV, he asks for his favorite cartoon (Jake and the Pirates), and throws a tantrum when there's another cartoon on air, when it's just a click away on the computer.

As a kid, I remember I had to see any crappy program the TV was showing, waiting patiently for the time when they'll show Saint Seiya and Mazinger Z.

When I was a kid, I used to like every single cartoon I saw on TV, I was like "The Cable Guy".

I remember one day when I was staying over at a friend's house, and we were waiting for Dragon Ball Z or Captain Tsubasa (I don't remember), but they aired Heidi before that, and my friend was like: Dude, don't watch this, this is for girls. And I was like: **** you, I want to know if Clara gets to walk again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's amazing how newer generations assume things we used to believe 'impossible' and take them for granted.

My 2 year old son, for example, can use a laptop since he had around 19-20 months. He knows how turn it on, open Chrome, click on the youtube shortcut, how to use the touchpad to browse through all those youtube videos he likes.

That reminds me of the time I gave my non-touchscreen phone to my sisters two-year old, and watch how she tried in vain to make something happen by swiping the screen with her fingers :D

Upvote 0
That reminds me of the time I gave my non-touchscreen phone to my sisters two-year old, and watch how she tried in vain to make something happen by swiping the screen with her fingers :D

Yeah, happens to him when someone gives him a blackberry or something like that. He disdainfuly gives the phone back :D

It's amazing how easily kids absorb tech

Upvote 0