• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Keyboard broke.
DVD drive broke.
Monitor sucks.
EVGA card is still acting like an EVGA card.
5 restarts to get my PC turned on this morning with everything working.

Hint: Don't buy into "gaming" peripherals. They're made by junk companies that can not make proper hardware so they must throw around the term "gaming", lights, and funny names to sell their junk.

Also, Samsung still makes garbage products. Should have learned from the last monitor of theirs I got as well as my DVD drive. :p

Luckily, my 7 year old $10 keyboard (with a key I broke off accidentally) still works fine.

My daughter poured a glass of milk on my logitech dinovo, after a day of drying it, i put the power back on and it works, like nothing happened to it:p

Upvote 0
Say, does anybody here have two fabulous pictures of German soldiers that were posted here before saved to their PCs or anything?

Both of them were badasses - One was a heavily bearded dude in full uniform with an MG42 slung over his shoulder (or MG34 I can't remember), and another of one smoking a pipe and looking alpha as ****.

I have a thumbnail of the latter:
d628f95bcc3f8dfd3d92d56005b815e5.png

I'd huuugely appreciate if someone can dig 'em up. In return, here's the pic my sig was taken from.

Upvote 0
Say, does anybody here have two fabulous pictures of German soldiers that were posted here before saved to their PCs or anything?

Both of them were badasses - One was a heavily bearded dude in full uniform with an MG42 slung over his shoulder (or MG34 I can't remember), and another of one smoking a pipe and looking alpha as ****.

I have a thumbnail of the latter:
d628f95bcc3f8dfd3d92d56005b815e5.png

I'd huuugely appreciate if someone can dig 'em up. In return, here's the pic my sig was taken from.

I exactly know which you mean with the first. He is also the cover of a famous book. Have to check my 40k pictures, then i report back i am sure i have him.

Upvote 0
Felt like making a "2012" thread to say how I look back at 2012 and to see how others experienced last year but I felt 2012 was so unimpressive and depressingly awful I think it's better to just forget about it.
The only positive points about 2012 for me is the landing of Curiosity and the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Felt like making a "2012" thread to say how I look back at 2012 and to see how others experienced last year but I felt 2012 was so unimpressive and depressingly awful I think it's better to just forget about it.
The only positive points about 2012 for me is the landing of Curiosity and the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle.

Overall, it was kind of a "Ho Hum" year too. But those two points were good.

Upvote 0
Today I went to a book store to get me some new stuff (too much digital books lately). I found about 4-5 books that get me really interested, but the price skyrocketed like crazy. A random history book goes around 350-500Bsf, when the minimal wage here is 90Bsf. Damn it

:(

Unfortunately the price of books is probably going to keep going up as digital books become more popular. I too would rather have a real book in my hands. Someday I may be forced to go the Kindle route, but not yet...

Upvote 0