• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Spoiler!

This gun ^ ? tactical squirrel-shooting. :v

Yep, that one.

You gotta be tactical about it. The squirrels are crafty little bastards. It's a lot like Vietnam, actually. You've got a guerrilla infiltration of friendly territory, extensive tunnel networks. They have places to hide in almost every village. Chemical warfare is outside of the ROE, because of potential damage to friendly forces and civilians.

Ground squirrels are actually a fairly serious problem. These aren't the cute fuzzy grey and red squirrels. These are more like small prairie dogs. The holes that they dig can cause horses and cows to break their legs, and they have a nasty habit of stealing the seed out of fields. This makes it hard to grow food for people and other animals that have a higher value than, well, the squirrels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shot the neighbor's new 5.56 AR upper yesterday (today, considering I've gotten on some insomnia again). Had forgotten how light the recoil is, almost imperceptible to me. Kind of hard to hit anything with just a front sight though; he was too lazy to swap the EOTech from the 6.5 Grendel upper.

Right now I'm shopping for a good PS3 arcade stick upon the realization that the only games I really play are BlazBlue, MvC2, Soul Calibur 4, and SSFIV. Anyone know of a decent stick that's backwards compatible with PS2/1 on PS3 and also PC? Price is not an obstacle.

Upvote 0
I doubt you can get an arcade stick that works with PS1/2 as well.

If it's got a USB plug (i.e. Ps3/PC) it should work OK provided it has the right buttons for different games present. I don't know really.

Y'know, there's a lot of computer peripherals that I've wanted to buy but I never do. I still have a ball-mouse. :eek: I've been hoping to get the kind that have like, 3 million buttons on them :p and adjustable sensitivity with lots of pretty ever-changing lights!

Upvote 0
I'm so proud. :eek:

And so you should be. A girlfriend who can play RO is the subject of envy for many people. :IS2:

I have a sister who plays a lot of KF and I am also proud, but she is quite awkward at actually getting to grips with the game with like, the way she moves and things like that (she is a lefty, though).

Do you reckon skill in videogames is something you're born with?

Upvote 0
That's an "eventful journey" isn't it? Yes, you can expect many, many, many interesting voyages into other people's minds and lives to come into this thread.

Man, I have never seen A Space Odyssey, but I hear the soundtrack all the time. I hear the intro has monkeys somewhere, but I dunno.

errr, yeah. It was my 2001st post.

Upvote 0
And so you should be. A girlfriend who can play RO is the subject of envy for many people. :IS2:

To be fair, it was her first time so she went up against bots with an SVT40. She got tired of playing nice and started executing team members, though it was probably deserved on their part since all they just bunny hopped and sprayed PPD40s for the whole round.

Upvote 0
No, but fast reflexes, good eye-hand coordination, and decisiveness are things that you're born with.

Not necessarily. I'm sure some people are born with a predisposition for traits that lead one to being good at video games, but they can very much be learned traits as well.

Also, source?

Last edited:
Upvote 0