• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Actually, three deer ran out of the woods and one of them hit him and knocked him to the side of the road. Accidental most likely and he is ok (he's 24).
I've had several deer broadside my cars over the years. My old trail blazing '95 Yukon passenger side door is still caved in from the last encounter. Come to think of it, that car has been a deer magnet. First, my daughter nailed one head-on. Fortunately the car has a winch/brush guard bumper. Then my son clipped one with the right front edge of the brush guard. In the last encounter, I never saw the deer. I suppose, it just had the urge to headbutt my door. Who needs a hunting license when a driver's license will do the trick....:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey is it legal to eat roadkill there?

I'm sure it is, but best only if you are the one to 'kill' it then you know its fresh :D

And Yes, we have done it. When I was a kid, my father accidently hit a pheasant in the road just broke its neck as it went under the middle of the car, no tires involved. Also a few years later a police car hit a deer in front of the house and we butchered that. That was a bit easier, the shock of the accident liquified all the internal organs except the heart. Just cut it open and poured the contents out...

Upvote 0
Look out, a deer! RAMMING SPEED!

Actually that was what we were told to do here if you encountered a deer on the road at a distance where you couldn't avoid hitting it. Accelerating would minimise the risk of the animal going through the windscreen and injure the persons in the car, because apparently a lot of people gets killed by deer that way when they try to break instead of accelerating.

Don't know if I will have time to react that way if it happens though, as you would probably instinctively try to break.

Upvote 0
Actually that was what we were told to do here if you encountered a deer on the road at a distance where you couldn't avoid hitting it. Accelerating would minimize the risk of the animal going through the windscreen and injure the persons in the car, because apparently a lot of people gets killed by deer that way when they try to break instead of accelerating.

Don't know if I will have time to react that way if it happens though, as you would probably instinctively try to break.

If you try to avoid the animal you are likely to hit a tree or oncoming traffic. And if you hit the brakes really hard, the front of the car goes down. It should be better to accelerate so the hood goes up slightly and the deer gets stuck in the engine block :eek:

Or just get a bigger car D:

Upvote 0
Hey is it legal to eat roadkill there?
In Louisiana, a Wildlife and Fisheries agent will usually take the deer. We've never been allowed to take them home. I'm told they give the venison to the needy.

With smaller game I suppose one could just toss it in the trunk (or bed of the pickup) and carry on.

Yeah, you don't want a deer coming in the car with you. Their hooves are like razor blades. If they don't kill you coming through the windshield, they'll lacerate the hell out of you trying to escape. :eek:

Upvote 0
Listen, you're free to write what ever word salad you want, but we're also free to not take you as seriously as we would if you attempted to write proper English.

If someone just ****s out text message short-hand and sausage-finger fast-typed unproofread posts it doesn't seem like he put a lot of thought into the content of said post, if he didn't think it was worth the time and effort to convey it in an orderly fashion. So why should we in turn give it thought and deem it more valuable than even you?

I realize my English is a little spotty at times as well. Like the "two foreign guys" on Family Guy, and I bet some here instinctively read my posts with a German accent in their heads, lol, but I try. I don't post with a "I'm too lazy to code my messages in an accepted standard of communication - you figure it out!" attitude.

Upvote 0
Listen, you're free to write what ever word salad you want, but we're also free to not take you as seriously as we would if you attempted to write proper English.

If someone just ****s out text message short-hand and sausage-finger fast-typed unproofread posts it doesn't seem like he put a lot of thought into the content of said post, if he didn't think it was worth the time and effort to convey it in an orderly fashion. So why should we in turn give it thought and deem it more valuable than even you?

I realize my English is a little spotty at times as well. Like the "two foreign guys" on Family Guy, and I bet some here instinctively read my posts with a German accent in their heads, lol, but I try. I don't post with a "I'm too lazy to code my messages in an accepted standard of communication - you figure it out!" attitude.

Murphy - I taught English to foreign students from all over the world for nigh on 14 years and I have to say your English is probably in the top 0.1% of all I have read. Better, in the majority of cases, than a native speaker's.

A lot of that is clearly down to you having a university level education, too, I would guess.

As for Jahangir, you should bear in mind Marshall McLuhan's dictum: 'The medium is the message'; in your case the message is, I'm afraid, "I'm too lazy to learn to use good English."

Upvote 0