• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Man, imagine explaining that down the emergency room.

I once had to take my wife for a tetanus jab, with a scratch on her cheek. When we got to see the nurse (who was South African) she asked, "So how did yorr waaf git thus scretch orn her chick?"

I said, "Oh, y'know, she got attacked by a falcon." (true)

The nurse, to her credit, did not bat an eyelid.

We had been to a falconry display at Penshurst Place stately home and my wife volunteered to wear the glove in a demo. A falcon missed her hand and landed on her head and scrabbled around to get purchase.

Coulda been very nasty as those claws are razors... as it was it was just a small scratch.

Interesting side-note.. Vic Reeves and his Mrs were watching the same display. His wife was very nice and helped clean up my wife's cheek. So, if you ever visit these forums, Mrs Reeves, thanks very much. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, imagine explaining that down the emergency room.

I once had to take my wife for a tetanus jab, with a scratch on her cheek. When we got to see the nurse (who was South African) she asked, "So how did yorr waaf git thus scretch orn her chick?"

I said, "Oh, y'know, she got attacked by a falcon." (true)

The nurse, to her credit, did not bat an eyelid.

We had been to a falconry display at Penshurst Place stately home and my wife volunteered to wear the glove in a demo. A falcon missed her hand and landed on her head and scrabbled around to get purchase.

Coulda been very nasty as those claws are razors... as it was it was just a small scratch.

Interesting side-note.. Vic Reeves and his Mrs were watching the same display. His wife was very nice and helped clean up my wife's cheek. So, if you ever visit these forums, Mrs Reeves, thanks very much. :D

Very lucky her eyes were missed. Glad it ended as well as it did.

Upvote 0