• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

One question, if I'm driving in my car and suddley I have an accident with someone (a typical situation when both persons explode in anger), in the middle of the discussion, the other guy can shoot me and say it was in self defense?.

I'm ignorant in that kind of laws, we can't carry guns freely in my country

He can try, but laws vary here from state to state. My guess is that unless he is able to convince a jury that you attacked and threatened him, he will be convicted of at least manslaughter. Of course, if you are dead that doesn't help you...

Don't take offense at this Moyako, but per capita your country Venezuela has some of the highest homicide rates in the world and here in the US we are much farther on down the list, mostly behind Western Europe and some Pacific countries such as Japan and Australia (and a few others). It seems its much safer living here despite what is being said.

Upvote 0
What I don't understand is why countries still allow bars that serve alcohol to remain open? What benefit or purpose to society does alcohol provide? Why is Anheuser-Busch even allowed to stay in business?

We all know that tonight (or any given night) somebody is going to leave a bar inebriated, climb into a car and kill someone. Perhaps we should pass a law prohibiting driving under the influence...oh, wait......there already are laws that make that illegal. We already have laws in place restricting who can legally operate a vehicle (age, eye sight, knowledge, driving skill, etc.), so we passing anymore laws restricting driving priviledges would be moot. Hmmmm. We could hold the bar owner/bar tender accountable....well, there are laws for that, too. yada yada yada.....

Seems we've exhausted every possible avenue to prevent drunk drivers from killing. What we really need to do is go to the source, imo. Eliminate alcohol and its manufacturers. I know I'd feel safer while I'm legally exercising my driving priviledges.

I was born in the south, lived abroad my teen years. Dad was a gun smith in his latter years. I own/operate on a row-crop farm. I couldn't tell you how many firearms I have scattered in various closets, on walls, in drawers or in the gun safes. I have thousands of rounds of pistol, rifle and shotgun ammunition.

Every person I know here in this parish has a firearm (Even DeWayne, the double homicide convicted felon that works for me is packing. But don't worry, he hacked his girlfriend and lover to death with a hatchet. He didn't shoot them. He served his 7 years and is back working for me.) I don't personally know anyone that has been killed by or used a firearm in a fit of rage or self-defense against someone.

On the other hand, two of my family members have been affected by drunk drivers. My nephew died of injuries at the ripe old age of 21 from injuries he suffered when a drunk driver leaving the bar lost control and ran him over on the sidewalk. Three years ago, my other sister and her husband were stopped at a red light one Saturday morning around noon when a drunk driver ran into the back of their Volvo. My sister was lucky and was only badly bruised. Her husband is still learning how to walk. His side airbag did not deploy and he suffered severe head trauma. Fortunately, he is an attorney and still able to work. He just can't walk or climb stairs....Silly drunk driver. He didn't even have insurance or a driver's license.....

Screw guns. Drunks kill people. People get drunk drinking alcoholic beverages. Why does anyone need to drink? Get rid of alcohol. It serves no purpose to society that I can think of. The consequences far outweigh any benefits....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOOHOO!

DrunkBiking.jpg

BUI's? Bicycling under the influence...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I thought so.

And let's ban cellphones, too. As a pedestrian in a large city, on a routine basis I dodge cars because the driver is too busy talk or texting to realize they're about to flatten me like a pancake. I even encounter these morons on the sidewalk or randomly standing in a ****ing annoying spot where you have to dodge them. Head down, texting, walking straight, everybody trying to dodge them at the last second. Should we ban walking to and just get those things they use at airports that are like human conveyor belts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I thought so.

And let's ban cellphones, too. As a pedestrian in a large city, on a routine basis I dodge cars because the driver is too busy talk or texting to realize they're about to flatten me like a pancake. I even encounter these morons on the sidewalk or randomly standing in a ****ing annoying spot where you have to dodge them. Head down, texting, walking straight, everybody trying to dodge them at the last second. Should we ban walking to and just get those things they use at airports that are like human conveyor belts?

I have a better idea!
Let's put everyone in a coccoon sort of thing and project a reality in their mind that lets them think they're actually living there. I will call it the matrix!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AFAIK videogames don't kill people.

http://www.spike.com/articles/id98jf/the-top-10-deaths-caused-by-video-games
Just being the devil's advocate

One time a robber killed a guy because he didn't want to give up his ipod. Let's ban ipods!

Btw, why do we only ban things because people die from it? Isn't it a bit weird we wait for someone to die to ban it, it's too late then, we should ban stuff because they could potentially harm someone.

Let's ban glass because it can potentially break and cut someone, maybe even kill!! Metal can be turned into sharp objects, the same with rocks, plastic and wood! BAN BAN BAN!

I once fell off my bike and got a concussion, I could've died that day! Let's ban bikes, roads, and humans!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't take offense at this Moyako, but per capita your country Venezuela has some of the highest homicide rates in the world and here in the US we are much farther on down the list, mostly behind Western Europe and some Pacific countries such as Japan and Australia (and a few others). It seems its much safer living here despite what is being said.

No offense taken. Yes, we have a terrible social problem here. I don't want to go into a big explanation, so I'll make it short.

Besides the high lever of poverty, we're experiencing a terrible phenomenon in our society, leading to the glorification of crime life and violence.

Many of the barrios (slums), criminals called azotes de barrio (something like 'Slums Scourge'), keep people in constant fear. The more people you kill, the more "badass" you are. Life is short, so you must drug as much as you can, kill as many guys as you can and earn lots of "respect". Slums are so dense and tight that's almost impossible for the police to even enter there (like in the Bazilian 'favelas'), so the law is dictated by the guy with the bigger gun and more asshole attitude.

I wonder if there's a way to to extirpate that cancer.

If you want to talk more about, I have no problem

Upvote 0