• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I feel sorry for Zimmerman. Accused by media of saying a racial slur in the 911 call, when he was actually saying it was cold. Then Barack Obama goes out and heats up the race issue by practically saying Zimmerman is guilty and is a racist.

I just love hypocrisy in all of this. I hope he gets acquitted poor guy although he will probably have to leave the country if he does.

Upvote 0
I feel sorry for Zimmerman. Accused by media of saying a racial slur in the 911 call, when he was actually saying it was cold. Then Barack Obama goes out and heats up the race issue by practically saying Zimmerman is guilty and is a racist.

I just love hypocrisy in all of this. I hope he gets acquitted poor guy although he will probably have to leave the country if he does.

We honestly don't know just how things went down exactly.

With that said, to have NBC edit the 911 tapes to make Zimmerman sound racist, all the pictures of Martin being a much, much younger child when we find out afterwards he wasn't, and then the President speaking and condemning him as if he was there and witnessed a horrible crime is an injustice in itself.

Hopefully the full truth comes out and justice is properly decided.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"you suck at hunting! here have some leftovers!" i think this is going through a cat's mind when they do stuff like that.
i've stepped on lots of decapitated mice in the hallway at night, and still i commend the little killing machine on his accomplishments.

from imdb:
Torrente is a lazy, rude, drunkard, sexist, racist, extreme-right-wing Madrid cop; a despicable character who only cares about himself. He lives in a decrepit slum with his wheelchair-bound father, whom he treats quite badly. One day, a new family of neighbours move in, and the sexy younger daughter, Amparito, catches his eye, so he becomes a friend of Rafi, her nerdy brother, to get closer to her. At the same time, he discovers that a band of drug traffickers are operating in a nearby chinese restaurant; he knows that if he cracks this case, it could make him regain the status he lost within the police department; but the only people he can count on to help him are Rafi and his equally nerdy friends.
^^ sounds like an awesome movie!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Trayvon case is many layered, but in the end it's simply just tragic. The racial angle is, in my opinion, a non-starter because something like that is hard to prove without a significant body of evidence. The real issue at the heart of this, for me, is the 'stand your ground' law. We're a ****ed up society if we allow laws like this to stand. It's basically vigilante justice which allows any person to become judge, jury and executioner without recourse. Zimmerman was given direct orders from the 911 operator to not follow Trayvon.. but he did. He instigated the situation himself (Zimmerman) and then he murdered that kid; a 17 year-old 150lb kid with a bag of Skittles and an iced tea in his hands on his way back from a convenience store only steps away from the front door of the house he was going to in a gated community.. Zimmerman feels the need to use deadly force against this kid after he himself creates the situation!

The one main piece of evidence against Zimmerman is that he ignored instructions from the 911 dispatcher and he followed Trayvon and then instigated the confrontation. There is no argument about the fact that Zimmerman disregarded the dispatcher and pursued Trayvon, it's all on tape. You shouldnt be allowed to do that and then kill the person and cite self-defense. It's a sick world if he gets away with that. He called the police and that's all he needed to do if he felt Trayvon was 'suspicious', but he decided to become judge, jury and executioner and he ended up taking Trayvons life.. it didn't have to go down like that and he should be held responsible for that young man's death.

Let me tell you, if I'm steps from my front door and some random person I've never seen before approaches me and starts confronting me, yeah, it could end up in a fight.. and there is no way in hell if that person then shoots and kills me that he should get away with citing self defense. No F'ing way.

Castle laws are one thing, stand your ground laws are something else entirely and they shouldnt exist.. it's an excuse to get away with murder as there are already laws that allow you to defend yourself against deadly force by means of deadly force. Just think about how laws like 'stand your ground' can be manipulated. The bottom line is Zimmerman created the entire situation by pursuing Martin and putting himself in a position of physical confrontation and then he kills the kid when 'supposed' physical confrontation takes place and then expects self defense to be a viable excuse.

Upvote 0
I don't know much about this case because it's american, but even when you ignore 911 ( do they give guidelines or orders? Never had to call 911, or 112 in my case, before in my life, lucky me:) ) and you do persue the person who you think is suspicious and this person then attacks you, what do you do? If you're a sane person you wouldn't have violence on your mind so he attacks you for no reason, so you defend with proportional violence. If this boy didn't have a gun or knife or unable to beat Zimmerman to death ( which is highly likely looking at a the photos on google )? Then it should be jail-time for Zimmerman I say.

I mean you're not going to hoze some boy with bullets when he tries to kick you in the nuts, right? I'd just pick him up and put him in the garbage bin and be done with it, looking at that guy he could too. Unless he was inspired by hate and just killed him on the spot...

Last edited:
Upvote 0