• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I don't think it's strange or "off" to investigate a case where multiple people died. Just because you killed people in your home doesn't make you immune to investigation, or else people who'd lure others into their homes to kill them would not be able to be prosecuted if they could always fall back to the "it was in self defense" argument.

I'd like to quite that passage too:
"But in this case, the criminals broke into his house and threatened the lives of his family members. It will be recognized as legitimate self-defense, and a criminal case is likely to fail,” he said. “The maximum he faces is interrogations. It is impossible to qualify his actions as criminal.”
Which sounds like it's jut the way it should work. After all, it is the job of courts to judge if an act was justified or not...

I do think that the coverage just blew the "tried for murder" a bit out of proportion. That rather seems to be the very unlikely worst case scenario.

And as a disclaimer: nope, I don't side with the assailants, and I too think that man acted couragously and was in the right to do so. I just think that any case that involves people getting killed should be invesigated thoroughly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If that man gets convicted for what he did, it will a be a sad day indeed.
That man is a ****ing hero as far as I'm concerned.

There are people who will say "but using violence puts you on their level", but **** that. It does not.
This man did not go out looking for a fight, it was brought to him in his home. Men threatened to kill his family. What was he supposed to do?
Then there are the pacifists, but in my honest opinion pacifism is bull****. If someone comes into your home and threatens to kill you and your loved ones, pacifism flies out of the ****ing window and you will do whatever it takes to protect your family.

On a sidenote I actually discussed this very thing earlier today with a friend but instead of murder I talked about the possibility of rape.
What if someone would come into your house and tried to rape your daughter or your wife? What is a pacifistic person to do? Hand them some lube?

When it comes to the criminals involved, I find it very hard to feel pity.
They made their bed when they decided upon their course of action, now they have to go lie in it.
Even if they are incredibly poor, they aren't the only poor people in the world. There are options other than robbery to earn money.
But these people usually have a violent streak and an uncaring heart. Most of them wouldnt feel any remorse unless they got caught and had to face the (usually abismally poor) consequences.

Upvote 0
What if someone would come into your house and tried to rape your daughter or your wife? What is a pacifistic person to do? Hand them some lube?
I don't believe there are many pacifists or courts that think that you shouldn't be allowed forcefully intervene if someone is getting raped and you know it. Typical straw man argument.

There are people who will say "but using violence puts you on their level"

Who says that?

I don't see why you are pissed about the guy being investigated. He killed three human beings. If the court works and the evidence shows it was self defense and the force used was proportional to the threat, he'll probably walk in most countries.

Upvote 0
http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/

"...if the entire asteroid is to crash into the planet, the impact will be as hard as in the Tunguska blast, which in 1908 knocked down trees over a total area of 2,150 sq km (830 sq miles) in Siberia. This is almost the size of Luxembourg. In today’s case, the destination of the asteroid is yet to be determined."

Upvote 0