• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Just to add a little to the debate...

I knew someone who lost a leg at Goose Green - he was in 2 Para.

I could say he was a friend, but actually my memory of him is that he was a very obnoxious, bullying type of guy. He loved being a Para, and general consensus was that being in the regiment was about the only thing that saved him from a lifetime in prison.

He lost his leg trying to first aid a wounded mate in a foxhole when a mortar shell landed behind him.

He came back from the Falklands, got bigged up in the local press for a few weeks until the story of a 'local hero' no longer sold papers. Dunno what happened to him after that - I suspect nothing good. He was offered a desk job by the regiment but hated the idea of that. I guess he just drifted after that.

Still, at least we still have the Falklands and a stake in mineral exploitation rights in the South Atlantic. Oh, and Thatcher got another term in power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So appearantly renovation of our appartment building has started which means construction workers walking by the windows(thankfully in one room that we just recently repainted and are waiting for the furniture doesn't even have curtains yet) and me waking up by extremly loud drilling sounds like today which makes me ****ing mad.

Upvote 0
and me waking up by extremly loud drilling sounds

cat_laughing-11948.jpg

Upvote 0
Man stabs 3 invaders to protect family, may face life for murder

a story i saw from russia today..

"A Russian businessman killed three home-invaders with a kitchen knife after they attacked his family and held his seven-month-old grandson at gunpoint. If investigators qualify his actions as a triple murder, the man might face a life sentence.
*On Saturday, four armed men broke into the house of Gegham Sargsyan, 52, in Russia

Upvote 0