• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Howcome Christians are hated on so much? (I don't want to argue about whether it's right or not, just why people in the picture and gif thread are posting tons of religious hate pictures)

For me it's not just Christianity.
Many religious people tend to think they have a monopoly on the truth and for that it deserves to be ridiculed. If you couldn't, it would be a scary world indeed.
That's not to say every religious person needs to be mocked though, ofcourse. Respect me and I will respect you. You can't control who sees which pictures though.

Upvote 0
The pictures are just funny, as long as they aren't offending anyone no harm is done.
Well see, the problem I have is that the pictures straight up say, there is no God. It's not a huge problem, since people do it all the time, but I was a little shocked how no one responded negatively to the pictures. It's alright to just poke fun, but it's another thing to just completely deny the whole religion.
Oh and, I hope you non-religious people know that those pictures are completely false. They would make sense, if what they said was true. One of the pictures said that the Bible denies rights to certain races. Not true at all. Infact, it is nowhere in the Bible. And a lot of the stuff that is made fun of is from the Old Testament, which is no longer in effect. The Old Testament laws and rules do not apply to Christians. The Old Testament is simply there to give you the history of Jesus' people.

I am very glad how all of you responded very kind and maturely too ^_^ thx guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well see, the problem I have is that the pictures straight up say, there is no God. It's not a huge problem, since people do it all the time, but I was a little shocked how no one responded negatively to the pictures. It's alright to just poke fun, but it's another thing to just completely deny the whole religion.
Oh and, I hope you non-religious people know that those pictures are completely false. They would make sense, if what they said was true. One of the pictures said that the Bible denies rights to certain races. Not true at all. Infact, it is nowhere in the Bible. And a lot of the stuff that is made fun of is from the Old Testament, which is no longer in effect. The Old Testament laws and rules do not apply to Christians. The Old Testament is simply there to give you the history of Jesus' people.

I am very glad how all of you responded very kind and maturely too ^_^ thx guys.
Well Combaticus, here is the way I see it.....First and foremost, there is a lot of mis-information and as evidenced by some of the pics (and posts) there are a lot mis-informed people. I'm all for a good joke, but some that try to be 'cute' are so far off the mark that they must be amusing only to the uninformed/misinformed and leave everyone else wondering if people really believe what the joke implies. There is also alot of confusion regarding religiousity and religiousness. One can be Christian (or Jewish or Muslim or Pagan or Buddhist or ....<insert belief>) and not be religious. And being religious does not by default make someone a good Christian (or Jew or Muslim or Pagan or Buddhist or ....<insert belief>) Some can't distinguish between the belief or faith in something and the ritualistic practices associated with 'religion' and/or the varying denominations within a given faith and tend to lump the two together.

Christianity is the in-vogue faith to bash. The informed Christian expects and welcomes the persecution. Its also currently politically incorrect to speak poorly of people of Muslim faith (and it may put your life in danger ......See what I did there? ;)). And the Jews have been persecuted for so long by so many and made the butt of jokes 'forever' that doing so now just seems so pointless. So why bother? :cool:

With regards to some of the more derogatory things that get posted here , I consider two things: The source and the reason for the post. Usually I conclude that something is at work on the psyche of the poster.;) And that is out of my hands......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For me it's not just Christianity.
Many religious people tend to think they have a monopoly on the truth and for that it deserves to be ridiculed. If you couldn't, it would be a scary world indeed.
That's not to say every religious person needs to be mocked though, ofcourse. Respect me and I will respect you. You can't control who sees which pictures though.

the problem is that I am running into numerous hyper-"religious" atheists who believe they have a monopoly on truth than theists nowadays, particularly over the internet. Sure, I run into a super conservative now and again IRL, and they deserve to be ridiculed. However, they are equaled "anti-theists" who give atheists a bad name by declaring themselves entirely right and verbally assaulting anyone who disagrees with them, simply because they disagreed.

It just feels like that entire mindset is what should be mocked, not religions (and 'non-religions', such as agnoticism and atheism, mind you) as a whole, which have majorities of moderate and non-proselytizing folks (with only small minorities of fundamentalists or aggressively vocal recruiters). That's just my opinion on it

Upvote 0
the problem is that I am running into numerous hyper-"religious" atheists who believe they have a monopoly on truth than theists nowadays, particularly over the internet. Sure, I run into a super conservative now and again IRL, and they deserve to be ridiculed. However, they are equaled "anti-theists" who give atheists a bad name by declaring themselves entirely right and verbally assaulting anyone who disagrees with them, simply because they disagreed.

It just feels like that entire mindset is what should be mocked, not religions (and 'non-religions', such as agnoticism and atheism, mind you) as a whole, which have majorities of moderate and non-proselytizing folks (with only small minorities of fundamentalists or aggressively vocal recruiters). That's just my opinion on it

I don't get too much into it. Too much of anything is a bad thing as my mother is used to saying :p
It's all down to the person really. My neighbours from across the street are highly, highly religious Christians but you won't see me trying to talk them out of it or making jokes about them.
They leave me be despite many years of looking like the anti-christ according to some other religious people.
(honestly, you should try wearing a metal band shirt and some alternative clothing, it's like painting bullseyes all over you. It's as if you were a giant red flag the religious bulls come charging at :rolleyes:)

Only when people start to show up at my doorstep or they adress me on the street in order to convert me, **** is going down.
I'll start asking so many hard to answer questions they talk themselves into a knot.

Upvote 0
Yeah guys. Leave this guy and his magic man in the sky alone with your pictures that don't make sense.

Oh the irony. :)
See what I mean when I say I was suprised how everyone responded so maturely? I thought there would be much more immature people like kablooie here. I believe that a divine all-knowing being created me, and you believe that you are just a walking pile of **** that is going to eventually stop functioning. Maybe you should just kill yourself now and speed up the process. I know it doesn't seem very Christian, but God will forgive my sins :) Seriously kablooie, I am learning from these people and you have to come in and make a stupid joke...And it's not like he is some magic man that does stuff for good people. Everything is already planned out, and he doesn't just come down and interfere like a Greek god. Get your facts straight.

It kind of makes me sad though how so many people hate religion because of "religious nuts". The Muslim's reputation has been ruined forever because of terrorists, and Christians are ruined because of the people that go and do crazy things "in the name of Jesus". Also, many Christians are those annoying door to door ones that try to tell people about God in the complete wrong way. Annoying people to believe is the wrong approach.

I've also realized why many of you are atheists, because the majority of you are European, and Europeans are very very liberal. In America 75% of us are Christians, (that's a true fact from the 2010 census) so I'm much more used to having more people on my side than against :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nsfw
Jim Jefferies - Religion - YouTube

2Q==

Last edited:
Upvote 0