• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

life.png

Upvote 0
An explanation, please?
You'd need to play an MMO and have the server you play on infested with BRs to understand.

Basically the gist is that they tend to play on US servers, where the official language is English, but they either can't or choose not to speak it. In general they are also rather ****ty players, so they go around begging for in game money and items. Eventually when enough of them join a server and they become powerful (mostly by outnumbering other players by a great margin), they start killing everyone who's not BR.

They're basically the people you love to hate in MMOs.

Similar situations occur on European MMO servers that have a heavy population of for example Russian or Polish players. They're not very good at speaking English, so they stick together and form large clans, which makes them feel powerful. This in turn causes them to walk around killing everyone who's not of their nationality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You'd need to play an MMO and have the server you play on infested with BRs to understand.

Basically the gist is that they tend to play on US servers, where the official language is English, but they either can't or choose not to speak it. In general they are also rather ****ty players, so they go around begging for in game money and items. Eventually when enough of them join a server and they become powerful (mostly by outnumbering other players by a great margin), they start killing everyone who's not BR.

They're basically the people you love to hate in MMOs.

Similar situations occur on European MMO servers that have a heavy population of for example Russian or Polish players. They're not very good at speaking English, so they stick together and form large clans, which makes them feel powerful. This in turn causes them to walk around killing everyone who's not of their nationality.
Except for the killing part, kind of sounds like videogame gypsies.

Upvote 0

Oh, I had thought the joke hinged on the new player's lack of understanding of some cryptic MMO-related meaning of "BR" and thus his ridicule.

I guess I'd agree with the latter part of your post, although I think players from any populous country tend to cluster together (see Germans, Russians, or even the extremely well represented Finns). And when you know there's a high chance of meeting compatriots out there, you'll cluster; and when you'll cluster, you may get funny ideas about what this kind of clout enables you to do. Yeah, I get it.

I remember a German-based server for some shooter that at that moment was exclusively populated with Poles and an American came in and complained people were not communicating in English.
Or a similar thing I've seen in RO, or even ARMA

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's pretty accurate. Brazil has a really odd kind of nationalism. IRL, people here don't care about nationalism at all (except during football world cups or when an Argentinian says/does something against Brazil), but on the internet and on videogames, for some reason BRs tend to stick together and be nationalistic, sometimes even xenophobic when they have already formed a group.

I bet any of you have already seen some guy suddenly saying on chat "Brazil!" for no reason whatsoever. On MMOs it must be hell, because most BRs that play there are not older than 12. Also, "HUEHEUEHUEHUEHEUHEUHEUE" is a type of laugh. We don't shorten our laughs on the internet with LOLs and LMAOs, so there are several types of "laughs" for us.

People from my state barely consider themselves as Brazilians (we have our own nationalism, which is pretty strong here) and we don't do that much. If you ever see one of us doing that, it would probably be people yelling "RS" or "RS independente" instead of "BR". It's these northern types that always make the whole country look bad :p

Upvote 0
Except for the killing part, kind of sounds like videogame gypsies.

Prolly need enough 'right-minded' people to support some kind of videogame endlosung, huh?

Perhaps you don't support the right of people to join whatever server they please and speak their own language.

Or perhaps you only support it if they are the same nationality, race and language as yourself.

Upvote 0
Perhaps you don't support the right of people to join whatever server they please and speak their own language.
You believe that people who join an English speaking MMORPG server, refuse to speak the official language of the server in public chat and on top of that start killing and grefing everyone who's not of their nationality, deserve to be supported?

Upvote 0
Prolly need enough 'right-minded' people to support some kind of videogame endlosung, huh?

Or perhaps you only support it if they are the same nationality, race and language as yourself.

C'mon Nestor, it sounds like you are trying to start an argument for argument's sake. If the server has its rules... :p

Upvote 0