• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

328px-My-Little-Ponies.jpg

There. Now it's the "Best of" the Bronies wiki.

Are you kidding? This forum is at least 20% cooler without ponies, thank you very much. If we start letting bronies in here, they'll take over in ten seconds flat.

Reactions: Peter.Steele
Upvote 0
Absolutely. In my world, there are no coincidences.

Also, in my world, there are cute ponies spreading love and friendship everywhere. I mean, their hair clogs up the toilet, their poo is all over my yard, and I can't hardly talk on the phone because they are braying all the time in the background about their new hairstyle or the cute new saddle they got.

Upvote 0
Also, in my world, there are cute ponies spreading love and friendship everywhere. I mean, their hair clogs up the toilet, their poo is all over my yard, and I can't hardly talk on the phone because they are braying all the time in the background about their new hairstyle or the cute new saddle they got.

Love and friendship ain't free bro, we al gotta make sacrifices, even if it means living with annoyingly feminine ponies.

Upvote 0
Doesn't the middle one roughly translate to "If I told you, I'd have to kill you"?

More or less, yes.

It's more "You would have to be utterly destroyed by me" though. It's a bit of a play on Cato's speech about Carthage in the Third Punic War - "Carthago delenda est." "Carthage must be utterly destroyed." The implication of the patch is that the wearer will do unto you as was done unto Carthage. 60+ thousand Carthaginians were killed, the remaining 50+ thou were enslaved. Their city was carefully disassembled, stone by stone, and tradition has it that the ground was salted afterwards.

Any ideas on the third one? That one's the money shot of the three. :D

Upvote 0
more or less, yes.

It's more "you would have to be utterly destroyed by me" though. It's a bit of a play on cato's speech about carthage in the third punic war - "carthago delenda est." "carthage must be utterly destroyed." the implication of the patch is that the wearer will do unto you as was done unto carthage. 60+ thousand carthaginians were killed, the remaining 50+ thou were enslaved. Their city was carefully disassembled, stone by stone, and tradition has it that the ground was salted afterwards.

Any ideas on the third one? That one's the money shot of the three. :d

all your base are mine.

Upvote 0
... sort of. All your structures are in our service, if the grammar were corrected. But, with the appropriately bad grammar ... All your base are belong to us. :D

It's inn the same vein as "Romanus eunt domus" vs "Romani ite domum," grammar-wise.

The wonderful thing about Latin is that it can be interpreted both literally and coloquially. I did screw up though--I got the first line (All your base), but didn't bother to go through the second line ("are belong to us" instead of my lame "are mine").

Upvote 0