• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What car do you drive?

That's amazing!

I've got one kind of like that, though its not my family, its my roommate.

When he was younger my roommate's dad drove an '82 Chevy Camaro, Indianapolis Pacecar. In the Blue/Silver paint scheme, sick. He had to sell it however, i think this was shortly after he got married. Eventually he had a few kids, one of them being my roommate. When my roommate was 18, he was looking around for a car of his own, and he found an old Camaro one of his neighbors had under a tarp. They went to check it out and found out it was an '82 Pacecar, and they picked it up for free. For those of you who know where this is going, yes, they eventually found out it was the same car his dad drove 30 years ago. He still has it and is finishing up some work on it, its gonna be amazing :)

As for myself, until a couple of years ago I drove an amazing 1987 Volvo 740 Turbo Intercooler. That thing was a tank. I once took it up against a concrete parking garage pillar, and won :) Then I got a new ride, and the car passed to my younger brother, who promptly drove it off of a cliff, where it sacrificed its life to save his. RIP Volvo.

Now I drive a 2001 BMW 330i Sport and I love the hell out of it. I've put more money into keeping it running than I did to buy it two years ago, but hey, it goes vrooom!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's not actually the first time my dad did this. His first one happened in 2007, but he did buy it back!

DSCI0013.jpg

This is a picture of his '69 390 Mach 1 with my 2003 Mach 1. He'd bought it in 1984 with the 428 SCJ that went into the Drag Pak posted above sitting in the engine bay. He restored it, building a 390 GT engine, putting the 4 speed, and interior in it. He painted it too. In '89 he sold it off and lost track of it like the other one. Then, just like the other one, he was browsing ebay and found it up for auction. It didn't sell, and shortly after the auction ended he found his old tag receipt, and confirmed the VIN matched! He contacted the seller, and drove up to Tennessee to have a look. They made a deal, and he brought her home. He's had her ever since, and will not sell her again!

Upvote 0
Nah I had the accident on a Yamaha FZS600, I don't commute via motorcycle anymore as I live 9 minutes walk from work - so significantly reduced risk these days.
Leg is fine, still only limited sensation (3 years this September) but since I've started running 5k about 4-5 times a week it doesn't really itch at all. Thanks for asking :)

Cruisers are cooler, but sadly they're also heavier - that Dragstar, whilst lovely to enjoy on a quiet open road is over 230kg - and it's only a 650cc - not to mention the constant need for cleaning after you've been out for a ride or the condition will deteriorate.

Not bad as it was picked up after sitting in a garage for 5 years, started fine, MOT'd and sold for

Upvote 0
Joy of joy, I got myself a new car... again. My 8th car is...

1998 Jetta TDI MANUAL... Reason... the other one (2001 Jetta tdi) was automatic.
So now I got 2 cars...

Here is my latest day to day ****box :)
IMG_20120609_193836.jpg

IMG_20120609_193826.jpg

IMG_20120609_193814.jpg

IMG_20120609_193805.jpg

Car cost me 1200$
+ 600$ repairs. Barings, bushings, front top plates + labour
Fixed cigarette lighter myself
Failed to fix nasty wiring or relay (reason for my horn not working, AC is on and off depending on pothole)
+250$ for the bbs mags

It was rusted to hell, I grinded the rust, puddied the holes and spray painted it. I think I did a soso job for a newbi of body work.
doesn't look that great, but the drive is now excellent.

It's missing the following.
New cheep radio with MP3 + aux + usb

Tinted windows

Horn fixed and wiring to be stable for AC.

If I keep it over a year without more maintenance I will be ultra happy as it consumes 45 liters for over 800km :D (compared to my 2001 automatic that does less than 600km on the same tank)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah I had the accident on a Yamaha FZS600, I don't commute via motorcycle anymore as I live 9 minutes walk from work - so significantly reduced risk these days.
Leg is fine, still only limited sensation (3 years this September) but since I've started running 5k about 4-5 times a week it doesn't really itch at all. Thanks for asking :)

Cruisers are cooler, but sadly they're also heavier - that Dragstar, whilst lovely to enjoy on a quiet open road is over 230kg - and it's only a 650cc - not to mention the constant need for cleaning after you've been out for a ride or the condition will deteriorate.

Not bad as it was picked up after sitting in a garage for 5 years, started fine, MOT'd and sold for

Upvote 0
Got myself a new ride, and a "famous" one to boot. Now I too can pretend to be a star in a reasonably priced car!

Allthough it's not as sporty as the brown top gear car, as it's only the 90 bhp common rail diesel version of the CeeApostropheD.

But then, I don't need a car that's quick, but one that's economical. As I start to study again next month, I'll have to commute 180 kilometers (so 360 km per trip) to the university twice a week for the next three years. So using little fuel (5-6 litres per 100 kilometers) of a cheaper variety (as diesel's not as heavily taxed here) makes me save teh monies!

The alloy wheels came with it, as did a set of winter tyres on steel wheels, which is nice.

Also, as I both need the boot to haul stuff I need for work (as I work in youth care, that would be parasols, bikes, skis etc. for valuable spare time activities :p), and to offer comfortable backseat space for my carpool fellows, it's the "Sporty Wagon" and not the hatchback.

There's a medium sized scrape on the rear bumper, but I don't mind that, as it's all plastic underneath the paint, so no risk of rusting.

In the background is my 55 bhp Polo that will be the commuting car for my GF from now on.

And to any of you who pity me on my economical boxes: Not only are they dirt cheap to run, it's also more fun to drive a slow car quickly than to drive a quick car slowly!

Upvote 0
65 mustang coupes. the first i've owned since i was 15. 34 years ago. the second i've had in the garage for 15 years.
one has a 302 with cleveland 2barrel heads and a predator carb. two-stage nitrous system. c-6 automatic with a 3,500 rpm stall convertor and a transbrake. 13" wider rear tires, 5" front. 9" rear end with 4.56 gears and a spool. moser axles. the rear was narrowed and mini tubs were installed to fit the tires. it's got a ten point roll cage. it's painted in grabber blue laquer, by me, about 15 years ago.
the other is a 250c.i. straight six, with a c4 auto. front disc upgrade. 8" rear from a maverick. pretty much all stock and all new parts. interior is a beaut and it's got a killer stereo and powered sub. it's the one i take for long drives. still needing paint. probably with this years tax return.
i sure wish i'd gotten a mach 1 when i first started driving. it'd still be in the garage now as well.

Upvote 0
i drive a mercedes benz e320, and a 1996 corvette LT4 and a 2004 corvette z06 and a dodge pickup truck and a kawasaki ninja 1000. why do i drive these vehicles? because i can, if the weathers rainy i drive the truck if im in the mood for comfort over a longer drive i drive the mercedes if the weathers nice and i want to go fast and have fun i drive one of the corvettes, if i wanna scare the hell out of my self and risk being dead i get on the ninja 1000 and take off not knowing if i will ever see my home again. If i make it to my nexted birthday a hayabusa will join the ninja and together they will strike terroer into my heart. sianora

-------------
https://boodmo.com/vehicles/maruti-286/swift_dzire-11290/

Upvote 0