• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lame AAA companies and summer sale

nejcooo

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2012
Have you seen what they are doing? Before sale they increased base price, and put up a discount so it looks like you save a lot.

New wolfenstein is good example https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/609095960623480832

On another hand it gets even more lame. They add microtransactions to base game, put price tag up over base one, and discount it 25% so it's just slighlty cheaper than it was with base price...

So LAME.

It surely is but unfortunately,what will you do about it? That's how the industry works... And the players are still blind.

For HOW LONG with the introduction of DLCs did you see written everywhere : DON'T BUY THEM TO MAKE COMPANIES KNOW THAT WE DON'T WANT THAT!

And still,people bought them... everyone kept buying DLCs for years and it gets more and more ridiculous each time ,because they know there will always be morons to buy them (just look at Evolve... Or even Mortal Kombat with the kombat pack : 30 bucks for 4 characters...what a deal) .

Contrary to popular believes : no ,developping games isn't becoming more and more expensive. At least not by such a gigantic amount. Most of the money is spent advertising the game ,and yet they manage to make you spill your cash on their games. It seems that with every gen ,the price increases by 10-15$ ... Which is insane. Will we spend one hundred bucks to get a single game (without DLCs) ?!

That's why I often choose to rely on indie companies now. I would be a lie to say that every indies are great ,some companies truly sucks , but at least you are less butt****ed. As for AAA games... Yes, I buy them sometimes,but never at such a large price. 30

Upvote 0
Not a great sale even though we are only on day one the omens don't look good. The event game is a spamfest where people are using auto-clickers which have unlocked some truly dull games for milestones. I got to level 150 something which was enough for me.

Mirror's Edge in the first flash sale is more expensive than when I bought it on sale 6 years ago. Although I don't think publishers are increasing price before things have gone on sale in Europe. I think it's only happened in the US.

Although there are still some good deals such as XCOM complete pack for

Upvote 0
There's a fair few games that were increased in price just before the sale started to make the "sale" price virtually the same price as a few days before the sale!

It's misleading at best and deliberately deceitful either way. I'll be avoiding the companies in future (unless there's an actual sale on them!) for pulling this ****.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's pretty sad. It definitely makes a Developer look like a bunch of assholes, that's for sure.

And yet, I see this sort of thing every day, outside of gaming! Go to the grocery store there's always that brand that has been "on sale" for the past four years straight... heck, I lifted up a "sale" tag for a bottle of vodka at the local drugstore and realized they actually marked it up twenty cents over the base price. What? :rolleyes:

All we can do is refuse to buy their games at a dishonest price-tag (and until they're available at an acceptable price altogether; I can wait a year or more to get a AAA game if it costs too much; I've got an entire library of things to play already)

Upvote 0