• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playstation/Blizzard Suffered DDoS

I remember the attack on Sony's PSN too well, friends owning an Xbox would tease me that they can play online whenever they want, they hardly understood that I have my PS3 for Singleplayer games like Assassin's Creed or Uncharted series. :D

However, I once forgot my password for one of my accounts. Went to the official PSN forums to seek help on how to retrieve it.
So when I told them that I've violated the license agreement by mentioning a false name and address.
I shall be flawed, I shall be purged for this vile deed.
Well, I don't live in Japan. :D but some games are Japan exclusives.

One week later Lizard Squad hit them and I was seriously happy that I had not given a real name on any of my accounts and use vouchers to fund my purchases. A company safeguarding my personal data so perfectly as Sony has absolutely earned our all trust, no? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Lizard Squad? More like n00b squad.

All it takes to DdOS is one architect to rally up a bunch of angsty teens who want to brag about being 1337 and with a simple javascript link they can "contribute" to the DDOS and then promptly receive a knock on door by cops while mother makes dinner....

Upvote 0