• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Stalingrad Photographs

Jorg Biermann1

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
Stalingrad Photographs

I've seen a lot of threads on this forum sharing photos of Stalingrad but most of these threads just show pictures of place's in maps of Red Orchestra 2. This thread is going to be a collection of all Stalingrad Photos I can get my hands on. This post will be updated whenever I find new photos or someone gives me new photos. The thread will be in sections with spoilers for different parts of the city. I will also add information about each photograph (If I have any or if anyone gives me any).
Note most of the Information I get about these photos is from TodSky/Ernst Hoffmann.

Also note that this thread will only have photos of Stalingrad during the Battle or shortly after. No before the battle photographs.

The Barrikady Gun Factory
Spoiler!

Last edited:
I was actually doing some research about the NKVD HQ (Next to Pavlov's) when I stumbled across some aerialpictures of the area.
Maybe the can give you some help.

Thanks for the Photos. I cropped them to include mostly Dom Pavlova and added them in the main post.

PS. The Grain Elevator section keeps randomly creating 2 spoilers. I keep deleting it and putting it right and it just does it again. If an admin could fix that, that would be good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was actually doing some research about the NKVD HQ (Next to Pavlov's) when I stumbled across some aerialpictures of the area.
Maybe the can give you some help.

Some of the aerials are so detailed, you can even see trenches.
Already seen them - scanned at high resolution - and you have the tram line in the wrong place - you have it turning into the rail line... there is a spur rail line that runs through 9 Jan Square, tram-line crosses it...

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
--What part of Stalingrad?

--What part of Stalingrad?

Photo 1 & 12: These ruins are north across Ostrovskaya Ulitsa from the Univermag building.

Photo 2: In the middle of the Krasnyi Oktyabr' Metallurgical Factory was this raised hexagonal structure at left. The Germans called it the "Rondel." In the distance is the long foundry building--the Martenovskii Shop with the open-hearth furnaces and rows of smokestacks.

Photo 3: An open area of the Barrikady Gun Factory; on higher ground are FZO buildings (for factory worker training).

Photo 9: --Minin, across the El'shanka from Stalingrad South.

Photo 13: This is Krasnoznamenskaya near the Tsaritsa, leading from the railway underpass toward the Volga. The (broad, squarish) U-shaped building is in the distance.

Photo 18: At lower left is part of the L-formiges haus [L-shaped (apartment) house]. At mid-left is a corner of 9 January Plaza. Across the top is the railyard of Station 1, with many freight cars; the soviets were bringing in tools and equipment to get the factories producing again. At lower middle is the ruined School no. 38.

Photo 22: Stalingrad South. The Railway Station 2's water tower is in the distance.

Photo 23: The grain elevator building and silos are in the distance.

Photo 27: Soviet State Bank in downtown Stalingrad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0