• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS 2 greatest tank of ww2

Fixed. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

On a serious note though, the Sherman is a vastly underrated tank. The original M4 in it's prime time (1942-1943) was vastly superior to anything the Germans could put out except for the Tiger 1, with the M4A3 76(W) and later the M4A3E8 (and the Firefly) being able to take on Panthers and Tigers if needed. You not only have to look at what a tank is on the paper but also how it's used and what the nation using it expects from it. For instance, while the main optics of the Sherman weren't that great, the Gunner had a separate wide FOV periscope located directly next to the gunnery optics, giving the Sherman (next to it's excellent crew ergonomics, crude single axis gyro-stabilizer and fast turret) one of the fastest spot to engagement times of any tank in WW2.

I'd rather sit in a Sherman than in a Panther that breaks down after 150km (the average life-time of it's final drive).

And let's not even talk about the T-34's horrible crew ergonomics. It didn't even have a turret basket until the 85mm version.
I agree. Although I wouldn't mind not sitting in any of these tanks during ww2.

Upvote 0
Please O Brothers of the Holy IS-2, Destroyer of all heathen Tractors and Supreme Mocker of fanboys, I need your Advice on a matter of Religious Doctrine.

If a Brother has a Holy IS-2 Signature, is it then Wrong of him to replace it for another Signature Image, that Image being of a Constellation verily not as Good or True as the Blessed IS-2 (Sacred Be Its Name), but still worthy of Praise and doing much Greater Good (as it were) in the World, and Certainly not in any Way or Form associated with the most unholy Tractor whose unclean name I shall not say out loud (lest the Holy 122mm Cannon shalt strike me down), and in whose general direction I fling my spittle?

I ask because this has been Requested of me lately and I have, as you can Tell, Complied with this wish, without giving Due Consideration of what the Canon (Cannon?) sayeth on this Most Important Matter.

This has been bothering me much these last days, causing many sleepless nights, and I cannot rest until the matter is settled.

Please, help A Brother out.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Please O Brothers of the Holy IS-2, Destroyer of all heathen Tractors and Supreme Mocker of fanboys, I need your Advice on a matter of Religious Doctrine.

If a Brother has a Holy IS-2 Signature, is it then Wrong of him to replace it for another Signature Image, that Image being of a Constellation verily not as Good or True as the Blessed IS-2 (Sacred Be Its Name), but still worthy of Praise and doing much Greater Good (as it were) in the World, and Certainly not in any Way or Form associated with the most unholy Tractor whose unclean name I shall not say out loud (lest the Holy 122mm Cannon shalt strike me down), and in whose general direction I fling my spittle?

I ask because this has been Requested of me lately and I have, as you can Tell, Complied with this wish, without giving Due Consideration of what the Canon (Cannon?) sayeth on this Most Important Matter.

This has been bothering me much these last days, causing many sleepless nights, and I cannot rest until the matter is settled.

Please, help A Brother out.
If I may take a few liberties with our Holy Scripture and Ways, I might ponder the possibility of whether we would be truly aware of the IS-2's holiness if it were not for the prophets at Tripwire Interactive. With their help and enlightening holy work on their games and within the confines of these sacred forums, we now are able to worship His holiness :IS2: and all of His teachings.

Given this fact, I do not think the holy :IS2: would take offense against honoring the men who allowed his Word to be spread to the world's unknowing flocks!

If, however, one begins to pray to false gods separate from his Holiness :IS2:, then you may, my Brother, have to fear the swift justice of His Holiness's 122" shell of justice from above, or purification by the mighty rear-firing MG as told of in his Holy Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May the :IS2: bless you Brother Hockeywarrior, for your Most Valued Advice! Forsooth, the Prophets at the Monastery of Tripwire Interactive are indeed Most Blessed and worthy of Praise. Their Dedication to Abstinence from the many Temptations of the Flesh while creating the RO:HOES is something we should all strive to Emulate!

I shall also update my Signature to make sure the Word of our Most Holy :IS2: is included in its message!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1397.jpg

IS-2 is the Greatest Tank of WWII :IS2:

IS-2 must have farted on that.

Upvote 0
IS-2 must have farted on that.

The Blessed and Pure :IS2: does not have internal production of methane, one could however say an :IS2: "lets out air" by letting the Inferior tractors know the Smell of the gases known as Defeat and Humilitation.

As for making a train derail in a spectacular way, its enough for the Most Holy :IS2: to look at it sideways and it will do so.

Upvote 0
As I've mentioned before, I have to carefully ration my downvotes elsewhere in order to give this thread its due.

in other words, you're confirming my signature and admitting to intentionally being a troll. this community is so proud to have you representing us :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
That is incorrect. I have merely admitted to downvoting posts that I do not agree with nor that I believe contain any substance whatsoever pertinent to the Historical subforum. The last time I checked, post rating was a form of opinion-based quality control. Seeing as I consider this thread a mockery of the Historical board, it only makes sense that I consider all of its content of poor quality. This thread deserves to be pinned; in Off-Topic.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0