• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Museum - list of vehicles

This is the full list of vehicles that Bovington are looking to get into the virtual museum. We can provide a number from the Ostfront set - plus we are hoping that some of the modders who have created new vehicles over the last few years can contribute their efforts.

What we are most likely missing are the WWI era, inter-war years and post-WWII vehicles. Over to you all!

Little Willie
Tank Medium, Mark A
Tank Medium, Mark II*
Armoured Car Lanchester, Mark II
Sd Kfz 171 Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf G
Tank Infantry Mark IV A22F, Churchill VII
M4A4 Tank Medium (17 Pdr)
Tank Cruiser Mark VII A27M, Cromwell IV
M3 Medium Tank
Tank Cruiser Mark III A13
Tank Infantry Mark II A12, Matilda II
Tank Light, Mark VIB
M4A2 Tank Medium Duplex Drive
Tank Mark II
Sd Kfz 181 Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf E
Sd Kfz 121 Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf F
Sd Kfz 141/1 Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf L
Armoured Car, Crossley Chevrolet (Indian Pattern)
Char B-1 Bis
Carrier, Carden Loyd Mark VI
Tank Medium, Vickers Armstrongs Mark E, Type B
Sd Kfz 2/2 Kleines Kettenkraftrad
Tank Medium T-34/85-11
Crocodile Trailer Unit
Armoured Car, Daimler, Mark II
Char Renault FT17
T48 Tank Medium
FV4017 Tank Medium, Centurion Mark 3
FV601B Armoured Car Heavy 76mm Gun
Leopard 1 Main Battle Tank
FV101 Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked)
Tank, T-62
Tank, T-72M1
Challenger 2 V5 Prototype
Ferret Scout Car
Chieftain Main Battle Tank

The thing is they got loads of tanks in their museum, the list is primarily tanks that are still missing. And that's why I wondered why TWI's T34/85 wasn't used. As they probably have models for tiger tanks etc.
The list is the vehicles they have set up in the new hall - the "virtual museum" will be a walk-around of the new hall itself, so the list reflects what is in there...

Upvote 0
Any chance of getting some pretty specific and detailed reference photographs of the actual vehicles they have? There's some fairly limited resources available for some of these. Also, the more details available photograph-wise, the closer the textures will match the actual paint job in question ...

PS: By 'pretty specific and detailed' I mean lots and lots and lots of close ups, preferably with a known-size object available for estimations of scale, that sort of thing.

PPS: By 'lots and lots and lots' I mean a number greater in quantity than a cubic ****-ton. A couple hundred megabytes or so. The more the better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any chance of getting some pretty specific and detailed reference photographs of the actual vehicles they have? There's some fairly limited resources available for some of these. Also, the more details available photograph-wise, the closer the textures will match the actual paint job in question ...

PS: By 'pretty specific and detailed' I mean lots and lots and lots of close ups, preferably with a known-size object available for estimations of scale, that sort of thing.

PPS: By 'lots and lots and lots' I mean a number greater in quantity than a cubic ****-ton. A couple hundred megabytes or so. The more the better.
Well, if you'd read the front page post :p

Yes, they have a semi-resident photographer. They have the vehicles (obviously). They also have plans and gawd knows what else in the archives. And they've had me in there - spent most of one day on their KV-1 a few years back. Not to mention the Tiger and Panzer III :)

Upvote 0
THIS MAKES NO SENSE. SOVIET RUSSIA WILL SURELY BOYCOTT THIS MOCKERY OF AN EXHIBITION!

I'm not sure that's going to happen, A. Because there's no such thing as Soviet Russia anymore, and B. Because the Russian federation probably has better things to direct their attention to than Dorset.

Oh yeah, and C. TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF.

Upvote 0