• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Tanis, are the SVT40 bolts a brown color, or does it just look like that in the picture?

Nice sig btw

Gah, sorry for the late response...

Yeah, they're both quite a distinctive plum colour as, as User Name mentioned, it was part of the refurb process.

Thankfully, the ones I got were mostly matching, which is a definite rarity in the refurb process. :p

Sadly though, the only thing that isn't matching on my sniper variant is the scope mount. Alas.

Ralfst3r said:
Holy ****, that's a cool collection Tanis!

Thanks. A lot of money and effort put into my, granted, smallish collection. But it's worth it.

Manstein said:
I have one of each, and have fired them both a fair amount, but if it's between a 91/30 and a No 4, I'd take the Enfield every time

Gotta agree with Manstein on that one. So long as you avoid the South African manufactured stuff, the average Lee-Enfield will out perform (in accuracy, speed, etc) the average Mosin Nagant when the shooter is someone who has extensive practice with both.

LemoN said:
ill be getting an all matching 1918 SMLE for 440

Upvote 0
well when you go into variations mosin prices can range from $50-$3000+

everything from common M44s, M38s, and 91/30s to extreme rarities like the cavalry school carbines

the extreme of the range is reserve for those extreme rarities... if you don't count those then the top of the range caps at around $1500 for an original non-refurb sniper in good shape... not counting snipers? unissued M39s can hit $500-600

Upvote 0
some of my mausers, all of them are russain captures

from left to right

CE 44, BCD 43 Sniper, AR 42, BNZ 41, 147 1939, 42 1938, S/27 1937

5xgjl0j.jpg

My favorite is the 42 1938, Its has a luftwaffe marked stock and overall the metal and bore is just perfect. then my second favorite has to be the BNZ 41 its Kriegsmarine marked

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hunter, your pix do not show up for some reason.

BTW, you have to remember that even though your stock is marked as such and such, does not mean that the rest of the rifle has the same history.

What the Russians did was take all the parts off and threw it in piles with no regard to matching them back up.

I have a faint death's head on my buttstock but doesnt mean anything though because the receiver doesnt have any SSs runes etc.

These are essentially parts guns but for the money they are an absolute bargain. Just wish my barrel looked as good as yours LOL.

Upvote 0
Hunter, your pix do not show up for some reason.

BTW, you have to remember that even though your stock is marked as such and such, does not mean that the rest of the rifle has the same history.

What the Russians did was take all the parts off and threw it in piles with no regard to matching them back up.

I have a faint death's head on my buttstock but doesnt mean anything though because the receiver doesnt have any SSs runes etc.

These are essentially parts guns but for the money they are an absolute bargain. Just wish my barrel looked as good as yours LOL.

I know about this. but i bought norwegian caputed stocks for my bnz 41, 38' 42 and my 39' 147. I bought them because they are correct for the year and code i have. The stock, handguard, buttplate, bayo lug, upper and lower bands are all matching with the correct WaA marks for the particular rifle. I also put on and try to get the correct WaA marked parts for the rifles.

For example my 38' 42 is correct, all parts were made by oberndorf only the serrial numbers are off.

same with my bnz.

i enjoy trying to get these close as possible to 'as issued' condition. i know its costly, but i enjoy russain captures.
its always fun to open up the box and see what you got for the cheap price

Last edited:
Upvote 0